Incompatible Handcuff Keys

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
littlecdbondagegirl

Incompatible Handcuff Keys

Post by littlecdbondagegirl »

Hey Everyone!

So, i was re-organizing my trunk of bondage gear last night and i discovered an interesting fact and could have potentially dangerous consequences if not planned for.

I have several pairs of hand/leg cuffs from different manufacturers. I have a smith & wesson prisoner transfer set, a regular set of leg cuffs and anothere pair of handcuffs. Now, i was under the assumption that every handcuff key fit every type of cuff. However, i was mistaken! My smith and wesson key wouldnt fit any other type off cuff and no other key would unlock them! Thankfully, i discovered this at that time and not when it mattered!

just thought everyone should know, beware of mixing handcuff keys!

:)
"Dress me up like a Slut...Tie me up Tight...And im in Heaven!"
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Another thread asked about wheither it was normal that one key fit several different cuffs. (Here or on bound forum)
For hand cuffs, yes, all should be interchangeable...
But a prisoner transfer set would be keyed differently...

And a good thing you found out now and not when you were trying to free yourself from your transfer set with a regular key...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
Mc_ntk

Post by Mc_ntk »

If someone here is really stuck and can get on cam on msn or yahoo and prove you are stuck in handcuffs I can help you get out step by step 80% of the time, I still wouldn't risk it.

"an 97 an @ ho t ma il.co m" No spaces no quotes
Last edited by Mc_ntk on 25 Sep 2008, 02:56, edited 1 time in total.
ScoobySB

Post by ScoobySB »

Hi all

This is a good warning.I have several makes of handcuffs and have found a similar thing. Most of the keys will open one or two makes out of the four or five that I have, and I have got to know which keys will do what.I also know that the key that came with my hinged YUIL cuffs opens them all so I had got into the habit of using this 'master' key all the time.

However I could have come unstuck (I think I mean stuck!!!)when I bought a second pair of Hiatt speedcuffs that are identical to another pair I already have,these came with the exact same Hiatt key as the first pair so I assumed my YUIL master key would also fit, except it didn't , which I discovered,fortunately, when I was just messing around with them.

So the morale of the story, as ever is to check,and double check everything LOL

Scooby