Alternate release method: Direct ice

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
AbsoluteBeginner

Alternate release method: Direct ice

Post by AbsoluteBeginner »

OK, my apologies if this method has already been discussed:

Under http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=1506 , I presented some *very* primitive release mechanism ideas - in my opinion ideally suited for beginners as they are simple and reliable.

My basic idea was that the ice would be part of the restraint OR that the melting ice would not release a key, but directly enable the user to open the restraining mechnism (a frozen condom blocking a spring link until the condom can be removed - but this can only be done after the ice melts).

These methods are rather primitive. Either the ice is in an open glas or removed from the glas, in which case it melts rather fast and it is uncomfortable because a rather big amount of ice melts close to the body or it is isolated, but then it might take very long until the restrains are released.

But what if direct ice bondage is used as an alternate fail safe release?

Basic idea:

I placed both into my refrigerator for more than 24 hours.
At 20:30 I placed both into my bathtub.
On 05:30 (9 hours later), both had their chains still locked.
At 19:00 (22 1/2 hours later), both had their chains no longer locked.

Regarding the small isolated bottle, in many scenarios it could easily be placed close to the body, with cuffs attached to the chains.

The standard release could be the wait of the key which is only accesible after some ice melts. (It would be used to open the cuffs)

An emergency exit would be a key that comes with a shower of (put in Urine, motor Oil, ...).

And the failsafe would be a the fact that the chains are hold together by a block of ice (in that isolated bottle) that would sooner or later melt.

It would make sense to include this failsafe because both standard and emergency release are assuming that the user can open the locks with the key(s). What if, by accident , the user has placed him/herself in a position that the locks can not be accessed? What if the hands are no longer movable? e.t.c.

Furthermore, at 05:30, I relaized that the ice seemed to melt only at the top - the iceblock in the bottle was not movable, but there was a lot of cold water on the top. So, by not letting the chains down to the bottom, but maybe only down for the first one third or so, it should be possible to let the emergeny release firing after 4-5 hours or so. Furthermore, the body heat would accelerate the meltíng.

So, a direct ice release with things like

provides an uncomfortable, but reliable standard release (emergency release would be a key with an urine shower) for beginners.

And a solution with an isolated bottle might be an interesting backup release method (firing after several hours) for others.

The device in the picture above led to a release after 15 minutes.

Using (non-metall) Cuffs should also prevent too much body heat going into that ice (Brrrrrrr....).

Best regrads,

the AbsoluteBeginner
Last edited by anna on 05 Jun 2009, 20:57, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited link for new forum location.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

What you have just described is an ice lock, though contrived using available materials instead of specially made parts.

Your application as a timed emergency release is the most interesting matter. Some may say to just put a spare key in the ice, but as you stated, what if your hands are out of commission or you accidentally put the locks out of reach? In a case like that all the emergency key releases in the world will not help. But your system does! All that is needed is a little patience.

Good show!

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
AbsoluteBeginner

OK, I need some help.

My ideas were…..

- I need at least two *completely independent* release mechanisms (Standard vs. Failsafe)
- I need at least one emergency release mechanism for a quick exit at any time (Standard vs. Emergency).

If the emergency mechanism uses a complete other method than the standard release, then the emergency release could at the same time be the failsafe release method – also that failsafe might come with a shower of Urine, motor oil, e.t.c.

Otherwise, 3 release methods are necessary – Standard, emergency and failsafe.

At the same time, I want to be suspended in a way that only the emergency release method would free me if I would choose to abort the session.

I came up with the following solution:

I would sit in my bathtub, the primitive ice lock behind my back, waiting for a key to be released by the standard method.

Standard:
(Please note that keys for both locks – the bigger one for the connection of the cuff with the chains, the smaller one for the locking of the cuffs - are included)

Emergency:
(Please note that the emergency solution also includes both keys)

Failsafe:
The bottle with the ice acting as a (very primitive) ice lock. The chains are only connected via the ice. Once the ice melts, the chains are free.

If we took a closer look to the cuffs themselves:

- The opening of one of the (bigger) locks that connect the cuff with the chain will lead to the liberation of one hand (still cuffed, but not connected to the body)
- The opening of one of the (smaller) locks at the lock mechanism should enable the opening of the cuff, I think that it is unlikely that a user is able to open the lock but unable to open the cuff .

It is unlikely that all 4 locks are unreachable.

Regarding the legs, I used some simple restraints.

It was a complete failure – sitting in the bathtub with that bottle behind me was very uncomfortable. With a little acrobatics, I got the feet free and the bottle in front of me. Then I could stand up and go for the keys that where hanging down from that iceblock. :(

An alternative idea worked out much better:

I chained the primitive ice lock to a chair. Then, I put my hands into the cuffs, secured each cuff with a small lock, then I sat into the chair, used a simple band to fix me with the chair (also this was not necessary), then I used two of the bigger locks to attach my cuffs to the chains from the primitive ice lock and I was unable to get free, had my hands behind my back and had to wait for the key.

After 2 hours 57 minutes, the key was released. It was on a long, thin chain hanging from the ceiling. Nothing could go wrong – the chain was fixed to the ceiling, so I could not lose that key (or: I could drop it, but would be able to get my hands on that chain again).

I was happy as I regarded this as my first “real” session.

Problem:
After the key was released, I did everything wrong. Later I discovered that first, I unlocked a fifth lock that was holding connecting the chains fixing the ice lock to the chair. I did not realize my error, but was surprised (didn’t it made “click”? Then why wouldn’t I get free?). All in all, I needed 8 minutes to get free.

After that 8 minutes, it looked like:

For a standard release method, that is OK.

My problem is:

I would also have needed 8 Minutes when using the emergency exit! Probably longer – if I would hear someone breaking into the apartment or the light would go off and I would smell something burning e.t.c., I would most likely panic and need more time (or less by destroying the chair and accepting injuries – but that could fail).
So, while I am safe regarding the fact that sometime, I would get free due to that very primitive ice lock, I need a faster emergency exit.

What I am thinking of is:
- More training (I made several mistakes leading to that 8-minutes-fiasko)
- For the time being, chaining the hands in front of the body (until I learn to get faster)
- An emergency release that would immediately end my restrain to that object (in this case the chair), so that I would be mobile immediately – but this would not be sufficient in case of an intruder.
- I planned to aquire an open mouth gag next weekend or so - that is postponed until the emergency exit works better.

????

Has anyone any idea? Destruction of Bondage Gear and the chair would be acceptable (for an emergency release).

Greetings,
The AbsoluteBeginner
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

You seem to have no end of ideas. I like your inventive mind a lot. :D

You are on the right track and you have thought out the possibilities of things going wrong. That is an excellent trait and I encourage you to continue your analytical approach.

More training is probably the best solution in the long run. Experience has no substitute. Planning is also a very good ally. Try each piece of the bondage puzzle separately, practice releasing yourself, make it routine, be able to do it in your sleep. If an emergency does arise, fall back on that training, all that practice. It works for pilots - they train for all known emergencies over and over again. When it does happen, they know what to do and that is the best antidote to panic.

Also consider gaining partial mobility. Running out of your dwelling, partially bound to a chair, in case of fire or some other emergency, may be embarrassing, but at least you'll be alive to enjoy the moment.

A quick release mechanism could be some kind of breakable apparatus that resists most struggling but would break under a considerable effort. Making that mechanism costly would deter any gratuitous use.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
AbsoluteBeginner

The absolute beginner rides again....

I made several experiments trying to figure out how to use these emergency release items....

(Of course, the bottle must be placed in a way that the user is not hit by the part of scissors.
So, the bottle stands aside on around the same height as the head, when the user pulls the chain, it will fall over into the direction of the user and the urine will pour into the direction from where the chain was pulled.)

This was a huge disappointment:

Not very sophisticated, I was able to manouver widely to get to the knots, once they where opened, I was fully mobile, could stand up and grap the keys hanging from the ceiling long before the ice block was molten.

Furthermore, my goal was a construction where the cutting of the string would lead to immediate release....

This is a much more promising direction:

Standard release is a key hanging from the ceiling (but unless an icecube melts, it is out of range for the sitting AbsoluteBeginner.....)

Emergency release is the pair of scissors and the keys (also they should not be necessary) included with an urnie-shower.

Failssafe release are the two primitive icelocks - the cuffs are locked to the other chain, as soon as the ice melts, the cuffs are free (but that might take some hours).

The two primitive icelocks fixed to each arm of the chair. The idea is that the string going from one arm to the other is part of the locking of the icelocks to the chair.

Cut the string, and you are free *immediately*. Still in cuffs chained tom the icelocks, but as the icelocks are no longer connected to the arms of the chair.....

After the key was released, getting free with the hands cuffed away was a little difficult.

I then rechained one hand and tried it with the scissors (without a yellow shower - that is the one component that I don't want tto test :roll: ). Took only a few seconds to get free.

Now, my goal is to have both hands close together behind my back. I already have some ideas how to realize this....

To clarify a few things:

Jenny:
You are correct, there is no substitude for more training. But training alone is IMHO not sufficient. I am sitting in my bathroom. The door to the bathroom is locked (but I can unlock it with my mouth - have tested and trained that). Just getting mobile with the hands chained to one or two icelocks would (hopefully) be sufficient in case of a fire.
But the intruder scenario is what worries me most. I hear the breaking of the window. I go for emergency release. That makes noise. In 9 out of 10 cases, that noise might be sufficient to drive the intruder away. In the one case where the intruder would not turn back, he would go after the noise. The locked bathroom door is no match for an intruder. Therefore, my goal is to be released within 10 Seconds. I don't think that I can reach that goal with keys delivered via emergency release.

Everyone else:
I know that I am a little fixed on the emergency exit time *and* that I am a little cautious regarding failsafe backups (see my primitive icelocks).
Many here on the forum are living with a partner, some still with their parents.

I am a single. A refrigerator that contains things like these is no problem for me:

But it would surely be a problem for anyone still living with his/her parents.

My main concerns are
- being alone in case of an acute danger (medical, intruder, fire, ...)
- getting released anyway even if the standard/emergency releases fail.

So, I will most likely come up with ideas that are suited for my situation, while most of the forum members might find them ueless (for their situation).

Greetings,
The AbsoluteBeginner
Amy_Tenchi

Post by Amy_Tenchi »

You have some very creative ideas! I like your use of ice in release methods, including how you set them up.

I hope you continues to show off these diagrams and ideas and come up with more!
-Missing In Action-
--May or May Not Return--
AbsoluteBeginner

Many thanks for your kind words!

I forgot to post my solution for the problem how toget the hands behind the back and at the same time being able to free myself quick in an emergency.

It is really simple:

Each ice lock has two chains. One is padlocked to a cuff, the other by the string to the chair. The metal piece ensures that the hands remain close to each other. An alternate would have been a loop in the string linking the chains of the two icelocks.

The whole thing is very simple:
Emergency:
Get the scissors with the urine shower, and it is easy to cut the string. Once the string is cut, the icelocks are no longer attached to each other or the chair => I am free.

Standard:
The keys are hanging from the ceiling, once an ice block is molten, they are hanging deep enough to reach them with the hands behind the back.

Failsafe:
And if everything fails, after some hours the ice in the bottles will have molten. Two of the chains from the icelocks will still be linked to each other, but the chains with the cuffs are free.

This would by the way a possible accident: If I would chain the cuffs not to the free chains but to the two chains that are linked with the string. As I will lock the cuffs with the icelocks while my hands are behind my back, that *could* happen.

Still, it is very difficult for me to imagine a situation where all three release mechanisms would fail.

I think that I will visit a certain store in XYZ and purchase a pair of ankle cuffs. Would be nice to have the ankles attached to the chair, too. Of course in a way that the chair is still moveable.

So far, the only successful sessions had been those where I was chained to the chair and in the bathtub like in the "Waiting for the key"-scenario in the easy-section of baoundanna.com.
With ankle cuffs, the "waiting for the key"-scenario would be a little more comfortable - I had to use the chains directly around my ankles.
I think that chained to a chair or chained in the bathub will be my favorite positions, but I am open to experiments (as long as they are safe). I don't think that I would love a Hogtie, but sooner or later, I might try it - just to see....

Greetings,
the AbsoluteBeginner