Elbow Cinches

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.

How strict is the elbow cinch?

Super Strict (not suitable for solo play)
28%
Strict (only for experienced solo players)
52%
Moderate (can get out with considerable effort)
19%
Light (easy peasy Japan-easy)
1%

Total votes: 90

Orbb

Re: Elbow Cinches

Post by Orbb »

Ok, here is what you will need :-)

Two pieces of ropes about 120cm long, one rope longer (min 2 meters, longer is better), knife with LONG blade (longer is much much better and safer, sharpness is MUST too). See picture one :-)
Needs
Needs
Steps for frustration :-)
1) Bind two ropes above your elbows (not too tight, but not loose) you can turn the rope around arm and get a finger under it :-) Secure with double knot. Alternative you can use leather or steel cufs if you have. See Bound arm pictures 1-4 :-)
Bound arm 1
Bound arm 1
Bound arm 2
Bound arm 2
Bound arm 3
Bound arm 3
Bound arm 4
Bound arm 4
Orbb

Post by Orbb »

2) Take a long rope and start on left arm from bottom to up. See picture Rope 1.
Rope 1
Rope 1
take end of the rope behind your back to other coil from up to bottom and back. Picture Rope 2.
Rope 2
Rope 2
back on the left hand :-) take the rope from down to up and back to the right hand behind back. Picture Rope 3.
Rope 3
Rope 3
Last stage. Lead the rope from up to down and pull until you have the end about one meter long. Picture Rope 4.
Rope 4
Rope 4
This long end pull behind your back to the righ hand. Hold both and of the rope in your fingers and tie tightening loose (I dont know exactly name ... you know what I mean :-)) on the end from the right side (you can of course use the left end but for me is tightening better from right end :-) See picture Loose.
Loose
Loose
Orbb

Post by Orbb »

And last part is tighten the loose by pulling the left end of the rope ...
Tight 1
Tight 1
More ...
Tight 2
Tight 2
and more :-)
Tight 3
Tight 3
Until here :-)
Tight 4
Tight 4
... Its not elbow together :-( but cheerup. Its not because it cant be done but because I have short blade and when I pull it tighter I cannot release myself :-/ And for educational purposes I use long piece of rope very fat ... If you use smaller diameter of the rope you realy do without problem elbow together :-D But it have two problems. First: you cant insert blade between the looses and cut it easy and must push the blade against the loose by your fingers ... Its realy difficult even for me ...
Second problem is the hands goes numb in few minutes ... really and after that you dont even feel the handle of knife ... Big trouble.

Emergency realease:
In realy emergency when you are DONT get elbows together, you can cut the rope between elbows throught the corner of the wall. You destroy the corner by that but if you have normal wall you will be free in about minute :-D Just push the elbows against corner and move yourself up and down. Remeber that, it save twice :-D
If you cant do this, call everyone who can help you ... There is no other way how to escape this :-D

My knife:
Knife
Knife
As you see my blade is about sixteen centimeters long ... Its short. Optimal is about 25 ... And must be realy sharp ...

Here is link for video.

and password: HGFsksfdg73lp
Last edited by Orbb on 21 Apr 2011, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.
Orbb

Post by Orbb »

Last picture is for someone who pist his hands behind head ... I just cant stop myself form testing it too :-D
P1010129.JPG
I will work on that :-D
Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

Nice pictures, but I sure would not try this as SB, and I dont like the knife involved. :shock:
That said, you have a nice body for bondage :oops:
Sin :gag: :whip:
If your not playing on the edge, your taking up to much space...............................
Play safe and have fun...Now Where did I put that damn Key!!!!! ;-)
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM
hetmandf

Post by hetmandf »

It is too strict for solo play. But I for one can and have be tied with my elbows touching. Using leather cuffs and rope. But only by another person and only for a few minutes. It is an incredibly erotic feeling.
I may be crazy, But I'm not insane
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I'm definitely repeating myself, I never do elbow ties in SB, even if it feels absolutely sexy. Only if I'm tied by someone else (then I want it tight!) do I want to be tied in a completely inescapable manner.

And I'm a bit like Cindy: that knife thingy is not something I want to fumble around with behind my back! :shock:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Orbb

Post by Orbb »

I dont think the knife is dangerous ... I do it very lot of times (maybe thousand times) and only problem was dull knife. Usually when I releasing myself I lie down on my knees, then the knife cant fall down and injure you, and if you get it into your hand its okay :-) It must be tried :-)
Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

Orbb wrote:I dont think the knife is dangerous ... I do it very lot of times (maybe thousand times) and only problem was dull knife. Usually when I releasing myself I lie down on my knees, then the knife cant fall down and injure you, and if you get it into your hand its okay :-) It must be tried :-)
I want to caution others who want to try this, I can sum it up in one word ((DON'T)) Orbb may have it down pat and can use a knife to get free.
Why try something that my endanger you???? I have done elbow cinches with a top, and as a gal I can put my elbows together easier than a man.
I can tell you with certainty after 5 min my arms and hands go numb, and could not use a knife safely to get free, its fun and I like the feeling it gives you, but only with a top.PLEASE !!!!!!
Sin
If your not playing on the edge, your taking up to much space...............................
Play safe and have fun...Now Where did I put that damn Key!!!!! ;-)
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

Orbb wrote:I dont think the knife is dangerous ...
Well, you might think that, but I've got two cases of significant bleeding that says knives and self-bondage are a bad idea. In both cases, the knife was Plan B after the expected escape went wrong. One of these also involved nerve damage requiring microsurgery; it's still not right and reminds me about the consequences of using the wrong tool for the job every day.

Seriously, elbows have major blood vessels close to to the surface. You might have got away with it so far, but it only takes one slip.
only problem was dull knife
And on that point I do agree -- dull knives are a worse than sharp ones. The real risk of knife wounds is not usually from the cutting, it's where the knife goes after breaking through or slipping off the work. With a dull knife, you have to use more force, and that means it's going to head for its "secondary target" at greater velocity ...
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Indeed, most injuries caused by knives are not caused by what was intended, but by some slip or other unexpected or unintentional move. And that's usually when the user of the knife is actually looking at his or her work. So I can't imagine fumbling around with a knife, sharp or dull, with restrained hands behind my back, in an awkward position, with limited mobility or ability to control my movements. It's just plain insane.

What is really disconcerting is how people who have done something dangerous X number of times consider themselves invincible. They always seem to forget that there is X+1 somewhere in their future.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!