Elbow Cinches

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.

How strict is the elbow cinch?

Super Strict (not suitable for solo play)
28%
Strict (only for experienced solo players)
52%
Moderate (can get out with considerable effort)
19%
Light (easy peasy Japan-easy)
1%

Total votes: 90

bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I would never try this solo. It feels amazing but there is no freedom of movement at all, it is very uncomfortable - painful for any length of time - and if your wrists are also cinched, you're pretty much stuck. Practice dialing 911 with your nose, then expect the door to be broken down by the SWAT team or whoever after they hear your gagged mmmmppphhh!! hhhhmmmmppphh!!! over the phone. Nice scenario for a damsel-in-distress rescue, but I doubt that the emergency services would appreciate it as much as we do.

As for women being able to do it to contact more easily than men, it is mainly because a woman's upper body is less massive than a man's. A man's shoulders are wider, and the chest is thicker overall. I am rather taller than average, but I measure only 34 inches under the bust (for a 38 bra size). My dad was about the same height, but he had a good 40-42 inches around the chest, and much wider shoulders (no, he didn't do SB...). That extra width and girth count. Maybe some of you slimmer guys can do it, but the average male can't do it without some extreme discomfort, if not injury.

The closest I come to a solo elbow cinch is having a belt or rope coil loosely looped around just to limit the movement a little to make things a bit harder for self-extraction. But never cinched!

It's tempting to try it solo, but spending a few minutes thinking ahead, taking a step back from one's emotions, makes one realize that there are places you shouldn't go.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Derek

Post by Derek »

i just noticed this topic.... i copy/pasted this from another post I just made a few minutes ago...lol...
something i've done in the past for self imposed elbow bondage is to loop a few coils of rope together, loose enough that you can slide up and over your elbows behind you, might take a few adjustments to make it work right, once you have a good coil of rope, take a second piece of rope, fold it in half at the middle... pull a bit threw itself to make 2 coils(sorry bout the bad description) put the 2 coils around the big one for your arms... slide the elbow coil up your arms so the other rope is in the middle...now grab the other rope dangling beween your arms and toss it over your shoulders so its infront of you,(or bend over so it falls over your shoulders) try to grab the rope at your waist infront of you... pull it tight so it cinchs up your elbow and tie it off at a crotch rope or belt. then you can finish tieing your hands behind your back...

with it tied in front of you, you shouldn't beable to reach it to un cinch your elbows... but when you get your hands free, then you can reach around front and untie it, and it will uncinch and you can slip the elbow coil off your arms... be very careful doing this.... with your elbows bound, its much harder to move around... maybe try it with your hands un tied but held together and see how hard it is to get to your keys or knife....
Frayed117

Post by Frayed117 »

I voted Strict although i havnt tried it to the max though..
Slave 1

Post by Slave 1 »

I use a belt that i wriggle into but is lose enough for me to get out of if my hands are free.
To wake up still tied to the bed is bliss, after 48 hours its better.
latexandheels

Post by latexandheels »

I know I'm reviving an old post here... but this is what I had done...

Aurora Borealis

Post by Aurora Borealis »

I'll help with the old post reviving... :D

I haven't done elbo cinch yet (and I'm not going to try myself, to be honest I'd be more into armbinders as the concept of loss of circulation from tight ropes freaks me out, especially in my arms), but I think I'd be able to pull it off with someone's help.

How do I know? Well, I can do "THIS" with my elbows and arms :)
snuffy

Re: Elbow Cinches

Post by snuffy »

Here's what I tried... Together with tied wrists it's a bit more challenging! :wink:
tied_elbows.jpg
tied_elbows.jpg (23.54 KiB) Viewed 10998 times
Dj

Post by Dj »

sorry for deleting, i've got serious privat reason for it..
Last edited by Dj on 29 Dec 2009, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.
Triplestar

Post by Triplestar »

-
Last edited by Triplestar on 04 Jan 2012, 02:58, edited 1 time in total.
Fesselfan

Post by Fesselfan »

One needs to keep in mind that an awfully lot of nerves and blood vessels run through the elbow (through the elbow pit especially for most persons, but this can vary). Strong pressure on the wrong places there can lead to severe damage. This is not to say an elbow cinch shall not be done...but with great care.
And keep in mind when watching pictures of hogtied etc...the models are usually just restrained long enough to take the photos. A photographer has to do several shots with a model, usualy within just a few hours. The goal is to have pictures to sell, not to have prolonged fun during the shooting. So (in general) these bondages are often ill suited for longer bondage sessions.

Cheers

FF
gavinz

Post by gavinz »

I've just spent about an hour experimenting with this, and hey, it seems to work. But I don't think it was explained very clearly, so I hope this is clearer.

Take a rope, about 6m or more, and tie a figure-8 about 1/3 of the way along it (going from top left to bottom right in the picture below). Then partially re-thread the long end of the rope as in the picture (going from top right to bottom left).
Picture 19.jpg
Picture 19.jpg (50.58 KiB) Viewed 10618 times
Then tie a loop in each end. The loop on the right, and the distance from the centre knot to the end loops need to be a lot larger than in the picture -- I had to tie it small to get it all in the picture.

Then fold the loop on the right into two or three loops, and put them over your arms. Attach the end loop at the bottom of the picture to something (say a bed knob or a door handle) and pull, and the main loop will close up over your elbows. To release, attach the other end loop to the attachment and pull, and the main loop will loosen.

Play safe: make sure you know how to loosen it off before you pull it tight!

I hope to incorporate this into some SB soon. But first I need to experiment some more, to see how long I can sensibly stay tied like that.

HTH

Gavin
Like Ra

Post by Like Ra »

Actually, the questions are not correct. Any tie is as strict as you make it. You can make strict elbow tie, you can make it not strict. It's up to you and you flexibility. For example, I can get my elbows touch each other. Can you?

The biggest problem is blood circulation. My arms go asleep even using wide elbow cuffs. Using ropes will turn your arms blue in no time.

The most comfortable strict (with elbows touching each other) elbow tie can be achieved using a properly measured single-glove. But I haven't seen any reliable methods using single-gloves in self-bondage (yeah, my dream).
Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

To make a long story short,Women can,,, guys can not,,,, men are to muscular in the upper body.
I agree dont try this as a self-bondage thing, only use a top, it is totaly unsafe and I dont want anyone to get hirt.
I have done this but only for around 5min then the blood flow is cut off and I need to be untied. :roll:
Sexual drive makes us do things we shoudn't dont get traped.
Sin :whip:
If your not playing on the edge, your taking up to much space...............................
Play safe and have fun...Now Where did I put that damn Key!!!!! ;-)
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM
Orbb

Post by Orbb »

Women can,,, guys can not,,,, men are to muscular in the upper body.
I agree dont try this as a self-bondage thing, only use a top, it is totaly unsafe and I dont want anyone to get hirt.
I dont think so :-) I agree release from realy tight elbow tie (5 cm and less between elbows) are little bit difficult but not impossible. But not impossible. I can show you photos and techniques how to tie and release it :-D its very simple, effective and nice looking. But today when I read this thread I dont have a camera and when I draw it you dont recognize anything :-D I hope tommorow morning I will have time for it and share it with you :-) Some bets about touching elbows together ? :-D
Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

Orbb wrote:
Women can,,, guys can not,,,, men are to muscular in the upper body.
I dont think so :-) I agree release from realy tight elbow tie (5 cm and less between elbows) are little bit difficult but not impossible. But not impossible. I can show you photos and techniques how to tie and release it :-D its very simple, effective and nice looking. But today when I read this thread I dont have a camera and when I draw it you dont recognize anything :-D I hope tommorow morning I will have time for it and share it with you :-) Some bets about touching elbows together ? :-D
If your a very small frame man I guess you could do it, but too long and your arms and hands get numb, so be careful.
Sin :wink:
If your not playing on the edge, your taking up to much space...............................
Play safe and have fun...Now Where did I put that damn Key!!!!! ;-)
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM