Elbow Cinches

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.

How strict is the elbow cinch?

Super Strict (not suitable for solo play)
28%
Strict (only for experienced solo players)
52%
Moderate (can get out with considerable effort)
19%
Light (easy peasy Japan-easy)
1%

Total votes: 90

curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Elbow Cinches

Post by curious_sb »

Heres one thats "bound" to be a hot topic....

Is there really a place for the elbow cinch in self bondage? And how flexible do you have to be go get into and out of one in the first place?

Eg: Is the elbow cinch mainly for women? Or can Men use this as well?
I only ask because womens arms have more of an angle at the elbow to accommodate the widening of the hips.

You look at all the totty on hogtied.com, powershotz.com, waterbondage.com, and knotnice.com, and they look spectacular in their hog ties, finished off nicley with an elbow cinch, really makes the back line look very neat and tidy, preventing the arms/elbows from flailing about, but I imagine its not very comfortable.

Also if there are any of you that think there IS a place for the elbow cinch in solo play, can you explain in detail how to get OUT of this very strict tie alone, with out assistance.

I am aware of the procedure for getting IN, which involves creating a loose loop and cinch to wriggle elbows into, the cinch rope should be attached to possibly an ankle cinch too and then pull with your legs to tighten up all the ropes

I am dubious that it is possible to get back out of and do not wish to try experimenting.

Again as always, pictures a go-go, heres what an elbow cinch is....

Comments welcome.

Also please rate how strict this tie is?
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

I personally think that this is far too strict for selfbondage. Not only would it be very hard to get free from it but it could also cause some serious problems with the blood circulation to the arms. But I am interested if anyone have any personal experience of using it and getting out without help.

The models on those sites are very well trained, flexible and do not stay tied like that for very long time. And when they are tied like that they are under constant supervision to spot any problems that can arise.
In selfbondage, there is no supervisor, you are on your own. :!:
Quantes

Post by Quantes »

I agree with Anna. It's too strict and too dangerous. Although it looke nice.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

I thought so, lets see what others say too....
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
Dr. Nailer

I wonder ?

Post by Dr. Nailer »

Hi All,

I don't know if it is too strict for selfbondage, because I could never figure out how to go about it, now I have some ideas :lol:

I will get back to you All about that one l8r.

Best wishes,
Nailer.
I am a mad scientist (biochemist/parasitologist) into mad ideas.

This is my usual signature statement everywhere (not here I guess). This statement only refers to my professional interests.
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Post by LoRee »

curious_sb wrote:
Is there really a place for the elbow cinch in self bondage? And how flexible do you have to be go get into and out of one in the first place?

There sure the hell is. I refer you to my story on Bound Anna "Kneeling In Pain". I use a SRD not only to cinch my elbows together, but to hold my frog tied body in position on my rice covered knees. I only wish I was limber enough to have mine cinched completely together without too much discomfort.
I got an idea from SecretlyTyed to use a chest harness (like he discribes in his story) cupled with a larger version of "rope handcuffs" to cinch my elbows tighttly to my back. Granted I had to cut the rope to get loose, but like trouble, both were easy to get into.
"I find it far more annoying when the universe makes me work for damnation. I prefer it just gave it to me and save me the effort"
TieMeTighter

Elbow cinch

Post by TieMeTighter »

Not a strict elbow cinch, but fairly restrictive, use leather straps positioned so that that your hands could just reach the buckle, if they were free.

See my avitar in fact, for an example.
TieMeTighter

Elbow tie

Post by TieMeTighter »

I found this useful link with an instruction on another way how to get an elbow strap up into place behind your back..

Just to add I'd make that "pulley" rope a loop rather than tying it off low, so that it looped low through a ring attached to your belt or crotch rope or whatever, before coming back up and tying the other end back to the elbow straps as I'd also like a way of pulling it down again when I needed to get out.

See:

http://samurai.bondage.cz/soubory/nauky/uvazloktu.html
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

LoRee wrote:curious_sb wrote:

There sure the hell is. I refer you to my story on Bound Anna "Kneeling In Pain". I use a SRD not only to cinch my elbows together, but to hold my frog tied body in position on my rice covered knees. I only wish I was limber enough to have mine cinched completely together without too much discomfort.
I got an idea from SecretlyTyed to use a chest harness (like he discribes in his story) cupled with a larger version of "rope handcuffs" to cinch my elbows tighttly to my back. Granted I had to cut the rope to get loose, but like trouble, both were easy to get into.

Sorry for being picking here LoRee, if it seems like this is a flame or something its not this is a GENUINE question....

How the hell did you cut the ropes on your own elbows????

*Curious_SB looks worried and confused and eagerly awaits a response...
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Post by LoRee »

Well curious_sb that is a very good and ligitamate question. I didn't actually cut the elbow tie itself. I cut the cinch line, which resulted in the elbow tie loosen enough to fall away when I closed my elbows together. But with the cinch tie in place, it not only cinched the elbow loop too tight to fall away, but held my elbows together tighter than I could other wise close them on my own, and pulled them up behind me similar to a strapado.
Not to worry about how you ask me a question curious_sb as I am thick skined and NOT easily offended :)
"I find it far more annoying when the universe makes me work for damnation. I prefer it just gave it to me and save me the effort"
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Ahh that makes sense, so I guees you have to know a thing or two about knots to know that when you cut the cinch-line, it comes loose on time and releases you other wise if you tied the cinch line to say your ankles to pull it tight in the first place and the cinch line was actually a knot or something you'd be stuck in a elbow cinch?

If you can pass on a few of these tips, I for one will be a willing learner. I will probably never use it but useful to know if ever the urge takes me.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
Jason

Post by Jason »

It is far too restrictive for me to use safely in SB, as I end up losing the feeling in my hands relatively quickly.

But it can be done on a male, I've used it, and Miss Ann did do that to me once. When I've used it myself, I've used a rather loose form, basically a harness to restrict arm movement, this I can handle for a while.

When it was done to me, though, it looked much like the pictures on the bondage sites although I couldn't touch elbows, and I had to bail out of that after about 10-20 minutes.

As far as SB?

If you do decide to use it, use a harness release. When the harness releases, the cinch loosens enough for you to work it down. Also, something like a handle from an umbrella could be used to pull it down by hand.

I would recommend AGAINST most people using it in SB. I am tall and thin, and rather young and flexible, so I do have some advantages in this area.
sexyashley

Post by sexyashley »

I do have an idea on how to cinch your elbows together. Tie seperate loops just above your elbows. Then put a piece of rope through both loops, so idealy when you pull your elbows will go closer together.

Now all you have to do is tie it off, what I do is tie it off in front of me so then I can't reach it when my hands are tied behind my back. I hope this helps curious_sb.

Love Ashley
xoxo
schulz

Post by schulz »

once i made a hogtie with an elbow cinch and it was really strict. i took a leather strap formed to a circle and pushed it higher and higher by using my door handle... :P
Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

I have had it done to me and you cant take more than 10 mins max, sure makes your tits stand out and the tie is fantastic for pictures.
Dont try this as self-bondage.
My SO and I watch Hogtied.com, and try to match all new postings on that site, but dont try their stuff as self-bondage its too extreame.
Cindy
If your not playing on the edge, your taking up to much space...............................
Play safe and have fun...Now Where did I put that damn Key!!!!! ;-)
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM