Urine Drinking

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
Amy_Tenchi

Urine Drinking

Post by Amy_Tenchi »

I didn't know where to put this, but I figure it is a safety thingy.
Is Urine safe to drink? -

Since urine is 95 percent water mixed in with some salt, vitamins, hormones and disease-fighting antibodies, it probably won't do you much harm. However, our kidneys work to remove toxins from the body, so it follows that drinking the product from the kidneys would reintroduce these waste products in to our bodies.
Not sure where I originally saw the question though :(

Oh, this is a quote from AOL, which is taken from a book, I believe called Can i eat my boogers? Its a book about common questions, health based, urine, and boogers come up, as well as do bugs live on your eyelashes, and other similarity's. If anyone knows the title, do tell :wink:
Last edited by Amy_Tenchi on 25 Apr 2008, 02:48, edited 1 time in total.
-Missing In Action-
--May or May Not Return--
CristyCream

Post by CristyCream »

I wondered if I would get sick but I guess in moderation it will be ok. I did note my urine had a very powerful sent the following day
Amy_Tenchi

Post by Amy_Tenchi »

I believe thats from the recycling of nutrients in the body. I would assume after a point of doing this say...once a day, it would become quite unhealthy, hurting the kidneys :( This quote i think only pertains to people doing it once in awhile, or trying it out...or us :twisted:
-Missing In Action-
--May or May Not Return--
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I never could wrap my brain around the urine-drinking thing. Maybe it's because of my concept of "waste products". Dogs eat their own poo, after all. And drink out of the toilet (making that cool sound). They seem blissfully happy. But the breath... the breath! :shock:

One of my friends has a dog that I have nicknamed "dumpster breath".

Urine is the body's way of getting rid of toxins and excess vitamins and minerals it doesn't need. Toxins are already reason enough to avoid drinking urine - strange how people want to eradicate toxic substances from the environment but then hop on the pee-drinking bandwagon on the grounds that it's "healthy". Why is it healthy? Because some slick-talking bozo says it is?

Then there is the elimination of unneeded vitamins and minerals. The key word here is "unneeded". When your body has enough of these nutrients, it dumps the rest in waste. Even if you reingested those nutrients, it would serve no purpose because your body already has enough!

And exactly how much of these nutrients is there in a cup of urine? Wouldn't a multivitamin pill be a more effective in delivering these substances? If you're eating properly, and optionally taking vitamins, is it really necessary to drink urine for "health" reasons? I don't think so.

Besides, I take a multivitamin pill every day that makes me pee fluorescent yellow. :cool:

And if there is some unusual property to urine that makes it so healthy, why hasn't it been isolated, extracted, and put into a form that makes both more appetizing and also excludes the toxins? And has scientific proof that it really works?

I think the whole thing is a myth that has persisted through time and that hasn't been conclusively busted in the public knowledge arena. In shorter and plainer terms, an old wives tale. Snake oil. And people tend to believe it because of the "alternative medicine" overtones, which automatically makes any scientific challenge to it a conspiracy to suppress the truth.

You want to drink your pee as a yucky predicament in a bondage scenario? Fine, go ahead. It won't hurt you. But don't blindly believe that it holds some kind of miracle cure for anything. It just doesn't hold up under any sustained critical scrutiny.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Quantes

Post by Quantes »

I agree with wath jenny says: just as a predicament there's nothing wrong with it. But it has no special effects or something like that.
kate

Post by kate »

when i've been instructed to do it i was told to dilute it, and take from the 'middle' of the pee if that makes sense.

Works well with some vodka and orange juice if that doesn't spoil it for you too :)
Bound&Helpless

Post by Bound&Helpless »

I have managed to find a webpage thats goes into basic detail about this

It can be found on http://www.albanypowerexchange.com/BDSM ... s_play.htm
Shark

Post by Shark »

One of my friends has a dog that I have nicknamed "dumpster breath".
One time when I was in a hog tie my dog went to sleep with his mouth right in front of my face. I was also half in my closet so I couldn't turn around or move him because he weighs about five thousand pounds.five hours later he moved and I could get to my keys.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

Shark wrote: One time when I was in a hog tie my dog went to sleep with his mouth right in front of my face. I was also half in my closet so I couldn't turn around or move him because he weighs about five thousand pounds.five hours later he moved and I could get to my keys.
LMAO.

now i guess that was really a stinking feeling.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Look at the bright side - it could have been the other end of the dog. :shock:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Shark

Post by Shark »

bound_jenny wrote:Look at the bright side - it could have been the other end of the dog. :shock:

Jenny.
Probably would have smelt better.
slkdyk

Post by slkdyk »

Treat piss like any other bodily fluid. Be sure the source is free of disease. You might also want to know what medicine or additional hormones my be in it. Definatly diet can changes odor/taste.
Sorry I couldn't answer the phone, I was tied up at the moment....