Cerena's Tip for safety

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
cerenaselfbound

Cerena's Tip for safety

Post by cerenaselfbound »

This is a tip for the expert in SB including & more importantly the newbie.
I was able to reach the stage of untying everything & releasing myself from my spread eagle on my back position whilst totally blindfolded, & I mean absolutely no sight.

This is because I've tied myself this way thousands of times over the decades & always precisely the same way with the same rope lengths & most importantly, the knots.
This method of routine has afforded me the ability to easily & quickly release everything starting with my wrists which are tied to the lower headboard rail & side posts of the double bed.
The rest is a systematic set in stone releasing of my knees, waist, neck, rear of head harness & lastly my ankles. Of course once my wrists are free I usually remove the blindfold, but my point is I wouldn't be able to include a blindfold & securely tie my wrists if I couldn't release them first.

I would thoroughly recommend anyone who self binds become totally adept in releasing all they use whilst blindfolded, it could someday save you, not only your life but embarrassment.
kinbaku

Re: Cerena's Tip for safety

Post by kinbaku »

cerenaselfbound wrote:This is a tip for the expert in SB including & more importantly the newbie.
I was able to reach the stage of untying everything & releasing myself from my spread eagle on my back position whilst totally blindfolded, & I mean absolutely no sight.

This is because I've tied myself this way thousands of times over the decades & always precisely the same way with the same rope lengths & most importantly, the knots.
This method of routine has afforded me the ability to easily & quickly release everything starting with my wrists which are tied to the lower headboard rail & side posts of the double bed.
The rest is a systematic set in stone releasing of my knees, waist, neck, rear of head harness & lastly my ankles. Of course once my wrists are free I usually remove the blindfold, but my point is I wouldn't be able to include a blindfold & securely tie my wrists if I couldn't release them first.

I would thoroughly recommend anyone who self binds become totally adept in releasing all they use whilst blindfolded, it could someday save you, not only your life but embarrassment.
Very good advice. :worship:
And do it in steps.
Keep one hand free as you practice freeing your other hand. First, just close your eyes instead of blindfolding yourself. Practice from different positions: what is an easy liberation in one position may prove an impossibility in another position. Don't limit yourself to just a few times, but keep doing it until you are quite sure of yourself.
If you ever want to try something new, go back through the same exercises before going into actual self-bondage. However, it is best to stay in the self-bondage you know with the knots you know and where you know the pros and cons by heart.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Maybe make the blindfolds darker and darker?
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
AllieXBow

Post by AllieXBow »

That's a very good point, to do the same bondage position many times. In parallel, it is just like learning a piece of music, and mastering it. Beautiful. Or like mastering your favorite dish.

Just like how I "one trick pony" the hogtie
Restrict one of your senses, you heighten the others. Close your eyes, you can hear better. What if you're unable to move, speak, nor see, yet only able to feel the pressure of the ropes tightly yet blissfully binding your body, how free must the mind be?