Hazzards Of neo's Keyless Release

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Hazzards Of neo's Keyless Release

Post by LoRee »

OK Sports Fans, this is a practical experience warning: Don't let this happen to YOU! I decided on the fly to give neo's suggested "Key-less Ice" release method a go Teusday afternoon since it was going to be hot enough here to ensure it wouldn't take too long to test. This being the case I also decided to coupled this with a severe "Strappado" tie as well.
I had made an IRM (Ice Release Mechanism) using a foot long (305mm) long pipe with a 2 &1/4" (57mm) inside diameter. I capped one end with a special cap I prepared using a short shanked eye bolt with a flat washer over a rubber on crimped down tight with hex nuts on both in and out sides. I filled the IRM 80% full of water and rigged a hard wire support to hold the eye bolt's eye, which has an 8"(203mm) long shank, just above the water line. I stood the IRM in a friends deep freezer Saturday night and transferred it to my refrigerator freezer Monday night. The expanding ice pushed the eye of the bolt up above the edge of the open end of the pipe.
I didn't have a lot of time to dress up and such, so I just got naked and took the gear I needed out into my back yard. In the middle of the day like this the only real chance I had of being spotted by involuntary voyeurs were the guys working on the roof of the hospital across the field beside where I stay. The back yard is extremely small and two trees against the back of the lot form a kind of gateway into a series of fields behind my place. I had long ago strung a stainless steel wire line high between them. I screwed a cap with a 1 & 3/4" (45mm) hole in it on the open end (bottom) of the IRM, then attached the top end to the wire line using a screw link. I then ran a 1/4"(6mm) rope through the lower eye. I pulled the rope down using my full weight and guess-timated where I needed to make my knot. I put a square knot in the rope forming a loop through the eyelet. I pulled one side of the loop til the knot was against the eye and the loose rope ends were up out of the way.
I climbed to the third step of the short ladder, made a larks head with the IRM rope and slid my wrist tie coil through it. With my left wrist already in it, I worked my right through the coil going in the opposite direction. That done I twisted my wrist til they both pointed out in the same direction. Now I slowly backed down the ladder and my wrist were pulled tightly together and upward. I eased off onto my left tippy toe and with my right foot hooked beneath the bottom step I heaved it with all my might causing it to fall irretrievably away from me. My arms were pulled up about as high as the girl in the first photo curious_sb posted on the subject of strappedo, but that was only because I was on my toes. I hurt too much to try to stand flat on my feet. This was a good dilemma indeed.
The sun beat down hot on me, and the trickle of melting ice water that sparsely rained down on me felt good. I couldn't give my toes more than a minutes rest at a stretch before the ache in my arms and shoulders became too unbearable. I twisted and swayed, but couldn't find a position to releave my increasing agony. After what I guessed to be twenty minutes (no way to know for sure) I heard a loud crack and the rope slackened enough for me to stand flat footed on the grass with my arms in about the same pain as they were when I was on tip toe. Every few minutes I would return up onto my toes to give my arms a brake for a minute. I heard a steady crackling and crunching from the IRM. I had a nice erection going when I heard a sluck sound follow by my arms dropping down completely. However as this happened what was left of the ice chunk attached to the lower eye bolt shot out and knocked THE LIVING FUCK out of me. I don't know how long I had been down after the ice punched my clock, but when I finally came round enough to check the time, an hour twenty seven minutes and some odd seconds had past since I started the stop watch.
Obviously use extreme caution when using this method as it does not seem practical to use for any overhead high angle play. My upper back, the point of impact, is still very sore. Not in a good way either. The IRM seems workable, it just needs some refinement in it's application.
"I find it far more annoying when the universe makes me work for damnation. I prefer it just gave it to me and save me the effort"
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

OUCH!!!

Yes unfortunately you found out the hard way LoRee it seems that Ice Releases are a bit of a misleader sometimes, as youve found out, the release happens NOT when ALL the ice melts, but when enough of it melts to slip out of whatever is preventing it from escaping.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Post by LoRee »

Well Duh! curious_sb, this was an example for other enthusiast, showing that you can NEVER be too experienced to screw up and make mistakes. :oops: Especially when you are in a hurry or on the fly as I was. That is when you can end up over looking something so painfully obvious as I did and as a result suffer the consequences. Pun intended :lol: :cry: Yeah, it can happen.
"I find it far more annoying when the universe makes me work for damnation. I prefer it just gave it to me and save me the effort"
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Good thing you were not seriously hurt. A piece of ice can cause some serious damage. Thank you for sharing your “misadventuresâ€
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Post by LoRee »

I only wish it was a "Miss adventure", unfortunatly it did have an "impact" on me, literally. Love your play on words, even if you didn't mean to. :lol:
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Despite the puns, the double-entendres and the unfortunate event the story surrounds, I just wanted to say this is an excellent story. It really shows that planning is everything.

Hope your shoulders were OK after being in that strappado all that time.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
neo

Post by neo »

Sorry to hear of your brush with extreme gravity!

But... To be fair... It wasn't MY idea that you hang a lump of anything over your head, or to use a metal tube of any kind! I was thinking of a more sedate tied to the bed / chair scenario, and like I said... tended to prefer the ultra simple:
Place small loop on chain over thick (tear proof) sock with ice in it. Tie sock to solid object. Lock wrists / ankles to chain. I guess that way you'd have been hit by falling chain though...
Gee I've got one of those "Warning" things coming on...

"Warning... Don't suspend heavy objects over your head / body"

Hope you've fully recovered!
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Post by LoRee »

curious_sb wrote:
Hope your shoulders were OK after being in that strappado all that time.
When I said it was an hour twenty seven minutes, that was not the total time spent in Strappado. It was how long from the start to the point that I looked at the stop watch. I suspect only forty minutes, give or take, was spent in a Strappado.
As for what neo said; the only metal involved in my mishap was the eye bolt still attached to a rather large chunk of ice. It was done on the fly not realizing that the ice chunk could come out with the bolt like it did. I appreciate the concern of all as I fully recovered by the next day. I recently tied this stunt again with this modification; A pulley was attached to the fly line and the IRM attached to a tent stake driven in the ground. The air temp that day was 100 degrees Fahrenheit and took 32 deliciously agonizing minutes for the chunk to pull out.
Quantes

Post by Quantes »

Let this be a warning.
tyerrup

Two other things

Post by tyerrup »

Just real quick,
I recently had a similar experience using the key ring/ice/stocking release and the keys and keyring fell and hit me on the top of the foot. It hurt and all that was on the keyring were, let's see, 11 keys, plus the key ring and a welded ring. Lucky for me I hadn't added a weight! :)

Also, on the subject of being hit with things during sex/bondage: The first time I was with a lady(Mistress) for bondage games, she had me very nicely spread-eagled to her bed using some kind of cloth wraps with long ties attached. They remind of what boxers wrap their wrists with.

Anyway, she lubed my cock and was giving me a wonderful handjob and alternating that with using her mouth on the head and I was straining against the tight bonds and I was more turned on than ever before in my young life. :)

Until, I could feel myself about to cum and she pulled my cock out of her mouth and jerked it a few more times while it was pointing up towards me. Well, a few seconds later as I started to enjoy one of the strongest orgasms of my life, I suddenly felt like she had slapped me right in the left eye!!!!

For a moment(like half a second) I was stunned but as soon as realized I was feeling a warm sticky substance running down from my eye to my cheek I knew what had happened!

Yes, folks, I came so hard that at least the first spurt shot me in the eye!! I still to this day can't believe it. It's kind of funny now but it wasn't funny at all at the time. My eye was sore until well into the next day.

I should mention that it wasn't intentional on her part at all. Just one of those weird things you can't anticipate.

So keep that in mind ladies (and men) when you are pleasing your male partners. :)
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

ahaha nice one, that made me chuckle
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator