Pain in Hip After Mummication

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
Post Reply
HellsBells
*
Posts: 37
Joined: 14 Jun 2021, 20:34

Pain in Hip After Mummication

Post by HellsBells »

Hi lovely people,

I did a 12-hour mummification last night, in saran wrap. I made sure to wrap gently, but after a few hour one of my hips began to give me grief. Any ideas, relevant experiences? It could be alleviated by rolling onto my side, but would be interested to know why it was happening and what I can do to avoid.

Thanks!
User avatar
Shannon SteelSlave
Moderator
Posts: 6446
Joined: 03 Feb 2019, 19:49
Location: New England, USA

Re: Pain in Hip After Mummication

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Was your grief in the form of a cramp? That could be from too much of your legs trying to find a resting place, and having to work in unison does not allow either to be the supporting leg whilst the other hunts for a comfortable spot, transferring the force to your hips.
Might be using the widest part of your lower body to roll like a bowling pins to find a comfortable position.
Could also be a back alignment issue. A few ideas to go on.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
HellsBells
*
Posts: 37
Joined: 14 Jun 2021, 20:34

Re: Pain in Hip After Mummication

Post by HellsBells »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Was your grief in the form of a cramp? That could be from too much of your legs trying to find a resting place, and having to work in unison does not allow either to be the supporting leg whilst the other hunts for a comfortable spot, transferring the force to your hips.
Might be using the widest part of your lower body to roll like a bowling pins to find a comfortable position.
Could also be a back alignment issue. A few ideas to go on.
Thank you! Seems like a few things to keep an eye on! You have any recommendations for staying comfortable?
User avatar
Shannon SteelSlave
Moderator
Posts: 6446
Joined: 03 Feb 2019, 19:49
Location: New England, USA

Re: Pain in Hip After Mummication

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Put a soft pillow under your legs, to help them find that sweet spot easier.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
HellsBells
*
Posts: 37
Joined: 14 Jun 2021, 20:34

Re: Pain in Hip After Mummication

Post by HellsBells »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Put a soft pillow under your legs, to help them find that sweet spot easier.
Thank you!
User avatar
kinbaku
*****
Posts: 4959
Joined: 10 Jan 2020, 20:26
Location: Belgium

Re: Pain in Hip After Mummication

Post by kinbaku »

Always try to lie in a normal position in which all your muscles are relaxed. In your case, for example, it may be that your upper body is twisted in relation to your lower body, so that this muscle is overloaded at the end.
The same goes for the knees: they should be pointed in the direction the toes are pointing and the knees not fully extended or bent too much. Either rotated relative to your foot, or facing inwards ('X-legs') or outwards ('O-legs').

I am explaining this with the knees so that you better understand what I mean by the position of your hips and your back. :hi:
HellsBells
*
Posts: 37
Joined: 14 Jun 2021, 20:34

Re: Pain in Hip After Mummication

Post by HellsBells »

kinbaku wrote:Always try to lie in a normal position in which all your muscles are relaxed. In your case, for example, it may be that your upper body is twisted in relation to your lower body, so that this muscle is overloaded at the end.
The same goes for the knees: they should be pointed in the direction the toes are pointing and the knees not fully extended or bent too much. Either rotated relative to your foot, or facing inwards ('X-legs') or outwards ('O-legs').

I am explaining this with the knees so that you better understand what I mean by the position of your hips and your back. :hi:
Thank you!
Sergio
***
Posts: 255
Joined: 26 Mar 2016, 17:07
Location: UK, London

Re: Pain in Hip After Mummication

Post by Sergio »

Probably not directly relevant to your hip issue but another factor to be aware of when using saran wrap (clingfilm) is that if it causes you to perspire a lot your body could run short of salt which could lead to cramps and/or headaches, so make so you're hydrated with an isotonic drink beforehand.
HellsBells
*
Posts: 37
Joined: 14 Jun 2021, 20:34

Re: Pain in Hip After Mummication

Post by HellsBells »

Sergio wrote:Probably not directly relevant to your hip issue but another factor to be aware of when using saran wrap (clingfilm) is that if it causes you to perspire a lot your body could run short of salt which could lead to cramps and/or headaches, so make so you're hydrated with an isotonic drink beforehand.
Thank you! Any good recommendations for wrapping materials? Of course I love rubbery feeling plasticy options?
KinkInSpace
*****
Posts: 2132
Joined: 24 Dec 2015, 16:11
Location: Netherlands

Re: Pain in Hip After Mummication

Post by KinkInSpace »

Also, don't rule out that any back issues can transport to your legs. I have had a similar problem that I was walking and suddenly I had trouble standing on one leg. It felt a bit like cramp, but it wasn't that. I dealth with it as best as I could and just thought eh... I'll relax. I laid down on my bed and when I laid on my leg, I felt it too. I went out of bed again because this was unexpected and now I needed to see what was going on.

I started to flex in different directions to see where else I would feel things and I noticed my back was quite stiff. During the movement suddenly, something snapped in my back and everything relaxed instantly. The problem in my leg was completely gone.

I reflected back to the problem and I recall that although I did not experience any pain or discomfort in my back, I did noticed my back was a bit stiff already, and certain movements were slightly harder to perform than usual. Like you move, but someone holds on to you so you have to give just that little bit of extra to move, and only in certain directions.

It was so little that I didn't give it extra thought.

It is possible that the mummification created a problem in your back that lead to your leg feeling like this.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
HellsBells
*
Posts: 37
Joined: 14 Jun 2021, 20:34

Re: Pain in Hip After Mummication

Post by HellsBells »

KinkInSpace wrote:Also, don't rule out that any back issues can transport to your legs. I have had a similar problem that I was walking and suddenly I had trouble standing on one leg. It felt a bit like cramp, but it wasn't that. I dealth with it as best as I could and just thought eh... I'll relax. I laid down on my bed and when I laid on my leg, I felt it too. I went out of bed again because this was unexpected and now I needed to see what was going on.

I started to flex in different directions to see where else I would feel things and I noticed my back was quite stiff. During the movement suddenly, something snapped in my back and everything relaxed instantly. The problem in my leg was completely gone.

I reflected back to the problem and I recall that although I did not experience any pain or discomfort in my back, I did noticed my back was a bit stiff already, and certain movements were slightly harder to perform than usual. Like you move, but someone holds on to you so you have to give just that little bit of extra to move, and only in certain directions.

It was so little that I didn't give it extra thought.

It is possible that the mummification created a problem in your back that lead to your leg feeling like this.
Thank you for this!
Lotharjulz
***
Posts: 278
Joined: 10 Apr 2021, 05:30

Re: Pain in Hip After Mummication

Post by Lotharjulz »

...
Last edited by Lotharjulz on 30 Jul 2023, 23:08, edited 1 time in total.
HellsBells
*
Posts: 37
Joined: 14 Jun 2021, 20:34

Re: Pain in Hip After Mummication

Post by HellsBells »

Lotharjulz wrote:A good resource that I've read several times over.

https://www.laquartacorda.it/en/safety- ... r-bondage/

I am wondering if it isn't your sciactic nerve? Did you lose any feeling in that area or was it just pain?

I've undergone a lot of long term bondage sessions and experienced a bunch of pains numbness along the way. With experimentation we have learned a lot about what things cause pain for me that I doubt would apply well to anyone else unfortunately. Even with my weight changes it can have subtle effects on those things I have always tolerated before. In general though If I'm doing a long term session in some unusual way I usually take several ibuprofen in advance to help with some of the fatigue.

Ironically a while ago I slept without being restrained completely and found that I had all sorts of back and joint problems as a result the next morning. My body has just become used to being stretched in my cuffs I guess.
It was just pain. Very interesting, I must look into it! And thank you for the resource!

Woah, you sound like a pro! Tell me more about your set up/habits?
Lotharjulz
***
Posts: 278
Joined: 10 Apr 2021, 05:30

Re: Pain in Hip After Mummication

Post by Lotharjulz »

...
Post Reply