LEAD

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
loreetv

LEAD

Post by loreetv »

This post has been moved to reply on Poisonous Metals topic.
Last edited by loreetv on 24 May 2006, 14:45, edited 1 time in total.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Actually, the thing that started the whole lead debate was a DIY with instructions how to make your own ballgag. The poster made a ball by using a fishing sinker in the centre and putting ropes around it. This was not a good idea since the ball is placed in the mouth and lead will spread from the sinker into the body with the help of your saliva.
Using lead for weights is however quite safe, as you wrote.
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Well Yes

Post by LoRee »

Yes Ma'am. I'd say using any kind of lead as part of a gag is pretty ignorant. Oral ingestation is the most effective way to get lead poisoning. There are plenty of other hard substances and idems you can use for a gag core. Read my latest adventure "Kneeling In Pain" in boundanna stories, for an example.

LoRee
"I find it far more annoying when the universe makes me work for damnation. I prefer it just gave it to me and save me the effort"
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Fair plays, loRee, my point was just about the ingestion by mouth via the ball gag.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
Mason

Post by Mason »

Last edited by Mason on 07 Mar 2020, 22:05, edited 2 times in total.
BooRadley

Post by BooRadley »

Now I have got worried reading this thread - I made a homemade chastity belt after reading a suggestion in another thread, using a sports box (cup for the Americans) with four holes in. It's fastened on with chains I bought from the local hardware store - I have to use chains as if I used ropes then I could just untie them!

One of the chains passes tightly between my buttocks and attaches to a waist chain (also good for holding in a buttplug). None of the chains you buy in a hardware store contain lead, do they? Am I just being paranoid?

The chastity belt works really well by the way, impossible to remove or touch myself...
clever

Post by clever »

i'm fairly sure there aren't any chains with lead in them at any hardware store. Lead is a very soft and very heavy metal. It's flexible nature would make it a very poor metal for use in a chain. Chances are, your chain is made out of steel.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Not to worry - lead is waaayyy too soft for chain. If your chains are silver color and shiny, they are probably chrome (or nickel) plated steel. If they are dull gray and sightly rough, they are galvanized (zinc plated). If they are gold color, they are brass or brass plated steel. They could also be dull gray and smooth, which probably means plain steel.
By the way, welcome to the forum. Love the screen name, To Kill a Mockingbird is an excellent, if somewhat depressing movie.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.