Periodically check bondage furniture

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
cerenaselfbound

Periodically check bondage furniture

Post by cerenaselfbound »

would strongly advise everyone who uses any furniture for self bondage, i.e. beds, chairs etc., especially metal bed frames to periodically check all nuts & bolts to make sure that nothing is loose or could come undone. Fastenings can come loose especially if you struggle whilst tied to a bed or chair & you don't want something you're tied to collapsing. A few years ago the old fashion metal bed I was heavily strapped spread eagled to collapsed at the headboard causing me to become trapped for days.
Two nuts securing it had over time loosened & eventually during some hard struggling collapsed causing me to become stretched out to the max with my arms & legs & not being able to do much as the headboard had completely come away from the bed base causing it to fall backwards bringing the spring section, the mattress & myself still attached by all limbs down on top of it. I won't go into how I got free as it's here in an old post of mine. But it took days rather hours to get free. I was heavily gagged & in a very dangerous situation which could've been prevented if only I'd have thought to check the fittings. Since that day, nothing can come free as all the fittings have been treated with loctite thread locker, but I do still check every couple of months.[attachment=0]loctite.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
loctite.jpg
loctite.jpg (7.07 KiB) Viewed 2089 times
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Periodically check bondage furniture

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Well, that is one way to do the stretch rack scenario I have dreamed of, but would never try or advise on my own. I use angle irons on my bed and have added extra spax 3 inch screws and laddered the frame to prevent just this sort of things from happening. But now, I kind of want it to happen.....
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
ruru67

Re: Periodically check bondage furniture

Post by ruru67 »

I wouldn't use loctite red unless you plan never to dismantle and re-assemble the item of furniture ever again... an all steel bed frame is going to be a bastard to move (or even dispose of) if you can't take it to bits...

There are less permanent thread lockers (e.g. loctite blue or purple, or similar products) that will resist coming undone from movement, but can be undone with hand tools.