Poisonous Metals

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
Hanol
*
Posts: 39
Joined: 16 Feb 2009, 21:55
Location: New Jersey, USA

Post by Hanol »

cdinbonds wrote:For some reason you, Hanol, seem to be of the opinion that you have to argue with every safety warning that is posted here, trying to disprove it, and making it sound like there is no problem. So my advice to you is to go eat some lead, then hook up your homemade e-stim to your nipples and crank it up full.
I didn't tell anyone to eat lead or stick in the ass. I simply suggested to read some articles from different sources. That's all. I like to do research before my mistress ties me up. ....oooo.... here we go ......
User avatar
cdinbonds
*****
Posts: 2391
Joined: 08 Apr 2006, 21:12
Location: South Central Washington

Post by cdinbonds »

Hanol wrote: .....but otherwise it seems like it's quite safe to handle.
So it wasn't you that said this?

If you were half as intelligent as you want us to believe, you would recognize these warnings for what they are, and quit trying to disprove them.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Hanol
*
Posts: 39
Joined: 16 Feb 2009, 21:55
Location: New Jersey, USA

Post by Hanol »

cdinbonds wrote:
Hanol wrote: .....but otherwise it seems like it's quite safe to handle.
So it wasn't you that said this?

If you were half as intelligent as you want us to believe, you would recognize these warnings for what they are, and quit trying to disprove them.
Safe to handle in terms of skin contact. Read the thing if you have the ability.
User avatar
bound_jenny
Moderator
Posts: 10268
Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 12:37
Location: Montreal, Canada, Great Kinky North

Post by bound_jenny »

Hanol wrote:However did you really read articles on lead poisoning? I would agree on Chinese toys. But for other reasons. Political propaganda is nice and it works for 99% of fools. All you have to do is give some statements and no facts to support them.
You don't seem to support your effluvium with quoted facts either.

If there are safety standards, it's because there are scientific data to back them up, data that are traceable, reproducible and documented. If you are so well-read, you should be aware of this. You can look them up for yourself, if you wish.

Those standards also exist because a lot of us don't like losing loved ones unnecessarily because of people who don't care about who they poison or otherwise kill with their negligence.
Hanol wrote:I simply suggested to read some articles from different sources.
What sources? What authority do they have? Are their data reliable, reproducible and traceable? I doubt it.

And I do not appreciate you presuming that anyone who heeds safety warnings and wants to preserve their health and life (and those of their loved ones) as "fools" - and I doubt that anyone else here does either. If you need to insult people, then your position is indefensible to begin with.

So, as moderator of this peaceful, harmonious forum, I strongly and politely suggest that you refrain from seeding discord among us with your unsupported and unsafe rhetoric.

Jenny.
Forum Moderator.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Hanol
*
Posts: 39
Joined: 16 Feb 2009, 21:55
Location: New Jersey, USA

Post by Hanol »

Jenny, if you don't want to hear the truth, just say so. Say moderator opinion overrules the common sense. Very easy. :) ...I don't really care. Just find it funny. It's better then sex. :)
User avatar
bound_jenny
Moderator
Posts: 10268
Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 12:37
Location: Montreal, Canada, Great Kinky North

Post by bound_jenny »

I rest my case.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
davisev5225
****
Posts: 579
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 09:03

Post by davisev5225 »

Hanol, why are you going out of your way to make an ass out of yourself? Seriously, everyone here (with the exception of you) is VERY safety-conscious. If we weren't, we'd be seriously injured, if not dead.

Ever heard the phrase "better to err on the safe side"? It means you're better off being overly cautious, rather than slightly ambitious. Caution will keep you safe.

I'm not going to get into an argument about who's right concerning different safety recommendations here; that's not the point I'm trying to make. What I'm trying to say is we are right for WANTING to be cautious, whether or not the caution is justified.
lj
Moderator
Posts: 2255
Joined: 14 Oct 2008, 18:22
Location: East Anglia, UK

Post by lj »

Hanol wrote:Jenny, if you don't want to hear the truth, just say so. Say moderator opinion overrules the common sense. Very easy. :) ...I don't really care. Just find it funny. It's better then sex. :)
the job of a Moderator is to keep the Forum running smoothly, and within the limits set.

"common sense" is not being over-ruled, simply that your argument here, and on at least one other thread, proposes taking an unnecessary risk.
User avatar
Dark_Lizerd
*****
Posts: 2416
Joined: 22 Oct 2006, 11:30
Location: New Mexico

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

I've only read part of this thread... First read it when it started and just glanced at it now.
I'm kinda surprised it is still running...
But since it is, I want to add my $.02 worth...
(from what I heard...)
Sacrin (something like that, spell checker didn't help) was taken off the market because it caused cancer in lab rats, or was it mice...
Testing method: massive IV injections... Human scale: 55 gallons per day for 5 years... and then it was "may" cause cancer...

everything on this planet can be handled safely.... if you take the proper precautions...
I have worked with alcohol for years, it was a safe substance for years...
I've cleaned parts up with it, I've cleaned permanent marker marks off walls with it, I've even used it for cleaning my hands and face... (works great for oily skin and zits)
Now, if you spill more than 1 oz. you need a clean-up crew in full haz-mat suits, to take a paper towel and pick it up and place it in a sealed container for disposal...
of course, half of it will evaporate be for they can respond!...

I believe this started with lead...
I was told, at my last job, at the orientation safety briefing, there is 2 types of lead, mineral and organic...
Mineral lead you can see, it is in solder, lead weights and bullets... The atomic structure it too large for the human body to process... (unless you were working with lead vapor, or fine power, or if you were working a lot with it... IE adding lead to a wave solder machine...
Organic lead you hear about being in commentated plants, fish, ground water... that is the stuff you want to stay away from, that is what will get in your system and cause problems...
But after that meeting, I still did not want to go out and get it bunch of lead weights and play with them...
... I'll just stick with my magic liquid metal that tastes oh so good...
(Just kidding, lots of luck finding that stuff now a days...)

In short, be careful of anything that requires special handling...
If you wanta play with lead weights, go head, no one can stop you...
But personally, I'm staying away from lead...


Like I said earlier, any thing can be handled safely...
and the same time, every thing on this planet can kill you...
... oxygen... too high concentrations can cause your lungs to shut down and you die by asphyxiation... (figure that one out...)
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
Hanol
*
Posts: 39
Joined: 16 Feb 2009, 21:55
Location: New Jersey, USA

Post by Hanol »

lj wrote:
Hanol wrote:Jenny, if you don't want to hear the truth, just say so. Say moderator opinion overrules the common sense. Very easy. :) ...I don't really care. Just find it funny. It's better then sex. :)
the job of a Moderator is to keep the Forum running smoothly, and within the limits set.

"common sense" is not being over-ruled, simply that your argument here, and on at least one other thread, proposes taking an unnecessary risk.
Actually I started on this subject with a simple suggestion to check Internet sources. I know, Internet has a lot of garbage. But it has some research papers from respectable sources, reports from health organizations, etc. that you can trust. But it seems like nobody here even looked at them. And I see all the horror stories and subjective opinions based on nothing. That's what got me started. Sorry about that. Nice forum anyway. But I am kinda picky on technicalities. This is my nature. :)
User avatar
ponylady
Moderator
Posts: 3827
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 20:52
Location: germany
Contact:

Post by ponylady »

Hanol wrote:Actually I started on this subject with a simple suggestion to check Internet sources. I know, Internet has a lot of garbage. But it has some research papers from respectable sources, reports from health organizations, etc. that you can trust. But it seems like nobody here even looked at them. And I see all the horror stories and subjective opinions based on nothing. That's what got me started. Sorry about that. Nice forum anyway. But I am kinda picky on technicalities. This is my nature. :)
well, if you want us to read respectable papers, why not provide some links,
so we can form our own opinion on their respectability, like jenny already
suggested ?
Hanol
*
Posts: 39
Joined: 16 Feb 2009, 21:55
Location: New Jersey, USA

Post by Hanol »

ponylady wrote:
Hanol wrote:Actually I started on this subject with a simple suggestion to check Internet sources. I know, Internet has a lot of garbage. But it has some research papers from respectable sources, reports from health organizations, etc. that you can trust. But it seems like nobody here even looked at them. And I see all the horror stories and subjective opinions based on nothing. That's what got me started. Sorry about that. Nice forum anyway. But I am kinda picky on technicalities. This is my nature. :)
well, if you want us to read respectable papers, why not provide some links,
so we can form our own opinion on their respectability, like jenny already
suggested ?
]It's quite simple. Just Google for "Lead poisoning" or use any other search engine of you choice. You will find articles from Mayo Clinic, EPA and industry groups related to this subject.
User avatar
ponylady
Moderator
Posts: 3827
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 20:52
Location: germany
Contact:

Post by ponylady »

Hanol wrote:It's quite simple. Just Google for "Lead poisoning" or use any other search engine of you choice. You will find articles from Mayo Clinic, EPA and industry groups related to this subject.
that's not what i meant. i can find my way around the net, and probably
find stuff that needs more than a bit of tinkling with google search terms.

i wanted to see your links, to see what you are basing your opinion on.
Hanol
*
Posts: 39
Joined: 16 Feb 2009, 21:55
Location: New Jersey, USA

Post by Hanol »

ponylady wrote:...
i wanted to see your links, to see what you are basing your opinion on.
I don't have my links. It's the same thing. None of the links you find tell that occasional handling of fishing sinkers will give you lead poisoning. However washing hands before you eat is a good idea anyway. Hope your mother told you so :) And to be serious, lead poisoning is always a result of ingestion or inhalation in form of dust or vapor or liquid solution. Cases of lead poisoning due to pure skin contact are limited to occupational exposure to lead day after day for long periods of time.
davisev5225
****
Posts: 579
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 09:03

Post by davisev5225 »

Hanol wrote:
ponylady wrote:...
i wanted to see your links, to see what you are basing your opinion on.
I don't have my links. It's the same thing.
You just lost the 0.0001 kilograms of credibility you had. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Post Reply