Sleeping in locked leather collar and chain leash? Unsafe?

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
Giles English

Sleeping in locked leather collar and chain leash? Unsafe?

Post by Giles English »

(Hi - I've searched the forums to no avail, so I hope it's OK to just ask.)

I'm fascinated by the idea of turning our spare bathroom into a cell and me
  • Sleeping on the floor
  • In a locked leather collar
  • The collar padlocked to a chain, the chain padlocked to a radiator.
  • The chain would be long enough for me to get to the WC.
Obviously, the collar fits but isn't too tight, and I'd have safety shears that could cut the leather if I had to escape in case of a fire, or if my wife/mistress was in danger or incapacitated.

Even so, I have a nagging worry about getting tangled in the chain as I sleep and strangling myself.

What I'm hoping is that you wise veterans of self bondage will either tell me, "Yes, it really is unsafe. Forget it" or "No it's fine as long as you _____."

I would be very grateful for any advice, or pointers to resources I've missed.
TNTBound

Re: Sleeping in locked leather collar and chain leash? Unsaf

Post by TNTBound »

i have slept with my steel collar chained to my bed on many different occasions. i actually slept better with it on than without it sometimes. if your on the floor, i can only think it would be even safer.
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
lj

Post by lj »

As long as your hands are completely free, the risk is pretty small - it would be hard to see how you could get so badly wrapped up by the chain and not awake well before any danger of strangulation.

Alternatively you could wear the collar, but use another part of your body as the anchor point - a wrist, an ankle, or how about a chastity device :twisted: ? !
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Giles English

Post by Giles English »

lj wrote:Alternatively you could wear the collar, but use another part of your body as the anchor point - a wrist, an ankle, or how about a chastity device :twisted: ? !
Actually, I've been talking to Custom Chastity about adding an attachment point to one of their base rings. So one step ahead of you there!
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I've worn a collar a few times too while being in bed, where the collar is chained to my bed. One word of advice, if the collar has different settings, make sure you do not put it on too tight. With the collar on very loosely, you will still not be able to take it off, so there's pretty lot of room to play with.

Just make sure that when you have the collar on, you can easily swallow, because if you can swallow easily, you can breath easily in weird postures too.

I once had it on a bit tight, still could swallow but not easily, but also not barely. I slept with the idea to just sleep for an hour. Not a deep sleep. I woke up and the collar was suffocating me enough to panic. Because I hadn't reached deep sleep, I could quickly react, but it was a good reminder why this can be dangarous.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.