Ever been stuck?

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
Onwrikbaar

Re: Ever been stuck?

Post by Onwrikbaar »

When I first started using electromagnets for self bondage many years ago, I decided on developing my own "scenario program" to control the magnets. I wrote a first version, tested it thoroughly (I thought), and then used it for real for the first time. Ankles and left wrist cuffed to the corners of the bed with Posey institutional restraints, my right wrist cuff with attached iron plate held against the magnet. The setup timer in my program ran out, the magnet switched on and I was truly helpless. I pulled hard on the magnet, but to no avail. Very nice.

I had set the timer to 20 minutes, but the magnet still didn't release after what I thought was close to half an hour. My girlfriend knows about my self bondage games, but she was away, so I got a bit worried. I tried again to pull loose, more motivated this time, but all the cuffs held firmly. I could not think of a way to get out.

Fortunately, since I develop software for a living and know how easily mistakes are made, I had also set up an oldfashioned electromechanical mains timer to cut the power to the magnet's power supply after one hour. I was pretty relieved when the magnet turned off after what seemed like an eternity. When I checked the computer to see what had gone wrong, it turned out it had gone to sleep after 15 minutes, causing the control program to pause and never reach the timeout. I had only tested the program with delays like a few minutes to be able to test quickly, never realizing that my computer would go to sleep during a longer delay...
polemanme

Post by polemanme »

I had two separate occasions where I became trapped in light self bondage and boy did it worry me.

The first time I was about 24 and had a photo studio in an old building behind a shop I lived above. I wanted to try suspension bondage so set up a pulley that I had obtained from a local store. I tested it raising and lowering it with heavy weight on it and it worked fine. It had a simple locking mechanism that when you extended it from the side it released but held straight down locked. Like Venetian blinds. I was content that all was well with this set up so proceeded to tie my legs together with a nice soft cotton judo belt. I then added a cord between my ankle which tightened the ankle binding and served as an anchor point for the pulley hook.
I then proceeded to winch myself up till I was almost to the ceiling. I was in heaven I loved it and decided that as long as I was careful I would try it again with some CBT and clamps a gag etc. I was naked so relieved myself before taking the cord and extending it out began to let myself down. At this point when I had dropped no more than 2" the cords dropped off the pulleys and jammed hard in between them locking everything up solid. Have you ever tried lifting up your whole body and then trying to untangle a thing cord holding your body up? It's impossible! I tried to lift my weight up by using my hands on a counter top nearby in a handstand and slipping to top fixing off the hook it was slipped over but the rope was too soft and would not lift over.
Eventually I managed to drag a craft knife within reach using a ruler then I reached up again to my ankles all the while grunting from the exertion and my whole body shaking from the strain and I finally cut the cord between my ankles releasing me in a sudden drop crashing to the ground in an untidy heap. I was unhurt thankfully but all the time spent upside down and lifting up and down in the most extreme of sit ups ( about 90 minutes) meant I was totally exhausted and on the floor afterwards I had to remain lying there for at least 20 minutes while I regained my strength and the room stopped spinning. The moral of this story is if you test something like this with a weight use a weight that is the same as you. The reason the cord slipped off was simple as the strain pulled it untwisted and the whole lot wrapped itself up like a badly twisted electric cord letting it slip off the pulleys instantly.
I'm Mike any comments are gratefully received.
polemanme

Post by polemanme »

My second occasion being stuck in self bondage was with handcuffs.
I had decided on a session in a house I was sharing with my landlord.
He was away for a couple of days so I decided to indulge myself. Normally these sessions took place in my room and I was very discrete. But with him being away for a few days I took it all downstairs in the lounge.
I stripped naked leaving all my clothes upstairs and came downstairs with my gear.
I then proceeded to gag myself with my ball gag. I inserted an inflatable dildo in my bum secured by a leather chastity which had strapping for my cock and balls. The pump hose fitted through a nice slit in the thong.
Having made my cock and ball fastening really tight I pumped up the dildo till it was tight and filling me to an almost uncomfortable level.
I checked the key for the handcuffs and placed it in the conservatory at the back of the house. This was the risky part as anyone passing might see me in there when I retrieved the key.
I put on my 3" wide leather collar and slipped the handcuffs under the waist strap of the leather chastity. I used padlocks on the chastity straps to prevent early release. Then I fixed the clover clamps onto my nipples and was almost ready.
Keys for the padlocks were upstairs.
I went into the lounge and lay down on the floor I fixed leather cuffs to my ankles and linked them together in a 4" hobble. Then rolling on my back I slowly clicked into place the handcuffs one click at a time till they were snug.
I was delighted at the self bondage. The carpet gave enough friction to allow me to stimulate myself and I had a wonderful time rolling about humping the carpet.
After about 45 minutes the dildo began to really need to come out. I had secured the pump so that it could not be reached by my hands but if I moved in a specific way it would inflate a little more.
As I rolled about to get up and retrieve the handcuff key I hit the pump more than once making what was uncomfortable downright painful! Still it was testing me and I tried to enjoy the sensation. I finally got to my feet and made my was carefully to the conservatory for the key, having got it I went into the lounge and fumbled around behind my back to unlock the handcuffs. Why I hadn't checked before I don't know I usually do. But I discovered that both bracelets had the keyhole on the back side and there was no way I could reach them. I tried and tried and simply could not get free.I tired turning my wrists in the cuff but that only succeeded in raising deep red welts around my wrists.
It was then I realised that as I had missed the incorrect positioning of the cuffs I must therefore have not deadlocked them as I normally do!
I went to the kitchen and fumbling behind me with my wrists still tethered to my waist I managed to eventually dig out a slimline fork from the cutlery drawer. After about 10 minutes of fiddling and one ruined fork later I managed to slip the tine in between the handcuff and the ratchet holding it all secure. The sense of relief when finally one of the cuffs was released was amazing.
I undid the other cuff and released the air in the plug all that was joy but when I took off the nipple clips WOW did that hurt.
Funnily enough I have never made the same mistake again. I thank god that my cuffs require the key to deadlock them because I would have had to call on I don't know who to release me had they had a button deadlock!
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

Sounds like a really heart pumping scare :shock: , in pain and unable to free yourself :!: .

Good thing you were an accomplished escapologist and that not only had you not double locked the cuffs but they weren't anti shimmed.
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
polemanme

Post by polemanme »

You are so right. They are at least 35 years old now and were a basic pair even then.
The latest pair I messed about with were anti shim and had a button for deadlocking. They are much lighter as well but stronger and more comfortable.
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

Today :oops: . Put chain of my handcuffs under the back strap of my chastity belt and cuffed myself. When I came to free myself I found the key holes were away from my hands and I could not turn my wrists enough to get a key in :shock: :!: . Had to beg a friend for help :oops: :oops: :!: .
Attachments
Sunday frustration  3.jpg
Sunday frudtration 3.jpg
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
Rusty Shackleford

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

It was sometime ago, but one day I decided I wanted to be in the tightest hogtie I could get myself in. Of course I needed an escape, so I froze a piece of dental floss in an ice cube and tied the other end to a pair of scissors and ran it through an eye bolt in the ceiling. Normally I would leave the scissors on the floor in a different room so I would have to crawl and shift around to get there, but I wanted to leave my escape to the unpredictable mistress of time. Now it was time to tie. I set myself a fairly short distance away, so that when the scissors fell, I wouldn't have to crawl too far. I tied my ankles, then my knees, then made a good chest harness, one that went through my armpits and around the back of my neck, so that I could really get my feet behind me. Then my rope that I made into a cuff that I cinched with a ziptie. I was in good. I could even touch my feet. I lay there enjoying myself, shifting around when I got an erection that was something of a kickstand to a bike. Some time had passed and I was curious how long I had been stuck. I started to get sore in my left shoulder, but knew that it wouldn't be long before the floss slipped out of the ice. The pain had started to increase and the only way I could relieve the pain was to roll onto my side, which wasn't so easy to do as I was so tightly bound. When I did eventually get over, I couldn't stay that way very long, as my neck would start to strain from the weight of my head whether I held my head up or not. Rolling back onto my stomach also proved difficult. I also did not have an erection anymore. Panic started to set in as I squirmed and writhed around trying to get free. I kept testing the rope around my wrist but the plastic latch that locked the ziptie kept digging into my skin. Then I got the dreaded hamstring cramp. I had gotten them before, but being unbound, I could always stretch it out it'd be gone. This time I had to wait it out for what seemed like an eternity, as I couldn't straighten my knees and the cramp couldn't bend my knees anymore than they already were. I heard my neighbors walking past my window, trying to decide whether to stay quiet or yell for help. Being as shy as I was, I decided that the humiliation wasn't worth it so I stayed there on my floor, hogtied for I don't know how long. More time had passed and I heard more neighbors rumbling around outside (I lived in an apartment complex), still staying the course, but knew if it came to it, I could yell for help. I kept testing my bonds and felt the ziptie shift closer to my right wrist. It opened the left side ever so slightly, but I kept trying. The latch was still digging into my thumb knuckle and the other side of my hand was rubbed raw from the rope. I'd pull and squirm until I couldn't stand the burning and stabbing on my left hand. I'd wait it out for a few minutes and try again. After what seemed like my 30th try, I eventually was able to pull my hand free. I spread out my arms and sighed with great relief that my shoulders were in a different kind of pain. The good kind. I laid there for about 10 minutes, still in the hogtie position with my arms out before untying the rest of me. My left hand was a mess, with my thumb knuckle scratched and bleeding and the other side of my hand red, sweaty and peeled off patches of skin. After I was completely free, I got up and looked over at my microwave clock and realized that I had been stuck in a hogtie for more than 2 hours. I left the floss and scissors in the eye bolt to see how much longer I would've been stuck if I had not freed myself. It didn't drop for 3 more hours. I decided that was a terrible way to release myself, so I went back to the old way of hogtie escape, though I don't really hogtie myself anymore. Still my second favorite position to be tied up in, but I'll wait until someone else will tie me or I can tie them.

Funny note to add, although probably not worthy of this thread: my apartment at that time had carpet. I usually wear spandex during bondage sessions whether it's by myself or with a partner. Shifting and crawling wasn't too much of a challenge. I have since moved to a new apartment. The last time I decided I need to be hogtied, I of course left the scissors in the middle of the room so that I could crawl over and get them. I put on my favorite set of tights, thick and smooth with a matted sheen to them. Top and bottoms. I got myself into position and started my journey, only coming to the realization after I had locked myself in, that I had a hard wood floor and the crawling and squirming doesn't get you as far very fast. Spandex is slippery on smooth wooden surfaces, so while I wasn't stuck, it was a hell of a lot harder to get to freedom.
shocktactics1590

Post by shocktactics1590 »

Somehow no. It's probably a good thing as I tend to use a max of two releases (and very often one that I REALLY trust). I don't live alone so I don't suspect I'd ever go that long without backup, but it wouldn't be my idea of fun getting caught by the wife...

I find ice timers pretty reliable, but I've never gone in for the 'key on a long bit of string thing' - just seems waaay too easy for something to go wrong there. Usually high key drops to the floor, or key in a bottle.

More recently I've used my own app CodeLocker (*shameless plug - see the software forum*), which has actually proven to be probably the safest as A) I use a combination padlock so unless the padlock physically seizes up I'll EVENTUALLY get the right code if things fail and B) I've got a phone nearby (and quite often able to use it) so could always call/text in an emergency.

My philosophy is if you're careful and thoughtful things usually don't go too badly wrong...

Lol famous last words!

Shock
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

shocktactics1590 wrote: More recently I've used my own app CodeLocker (*shameless plug - see the software forum*)
Shock
It ain't a shameful plug. Here is the link :
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13054
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠