Safe to sleep with chain around neck?

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
Mc_ntk

Post by Mc_ntk »

Grinser wrote:Hmm, this is a very hard thing for me.
On the one hand, I know that dreams and in fact every thought I have is just chemical reactions and simple biological facts and that is, although very fascinating in its complexity, a very disenchanting thought.
On the other hand, dreams are a unique opportunity to understand your sub-consciousness. And that is something that really fascinates me, how the basic programming of one`s brain, that is based on facts several thousand years old, deals with experiences in everyday life that it was never meant to be confronted with. I think dreams are very interesting, although I usually don`t dream a lot. I just don`t mystify dreams as some fairytale portal into another world or something, they are a portal to the foundation of our very identity and that is interesting enough, even without metaphysical considerations.
Sleep is just your mind in a deep subconscious state.
puppydogbytes

Post by puppydogbytes »

Whether my experience of myself is purely the result of complex chemistry and electrical activity or there is something else at work is a question I doubt I will ever know the answer to. I don't believe in 'god' but I am more open on the subject of a soul. I don't believe there is anything mystical or supernatural about dreaming but actually no one really knows what dreams are or what they're for. In fact we don't really know all that much about sleep except that a lack of it will kill you faster than a lack of food.

I really cherish my dreams, OK some are mundane and some are caused by anxiety but some of them are fabulously enjoyable and many are just plain bizzare. I am amazed by my dreaming mind, I have worked out the answers to work problems in dreams, I've fallen in love, been terrified out of my wits, tried out things I could never do in real life and many, many times had sex, SM and self bondage experiences.

For years I used to smoke a joint before going to bed, when I stopped smoking dope (a long time ago now) one of the best things was getting my dreams back.

What ever they are and what ever causes them I would hate to be without them.....

...sorry, way off topic.
'In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics' - Homer Simpson
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

puppydogbytes wrote: In fact we don't really know all that much about sleep except that a lack of it will kill you faster than a lack of food.
Thats true, does anyone remember a news story a few years back where a japanese kid did a 72 hour computer gaming session and died within a few days of a heart attack or something?
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

puppydogbytes wrote:.

What ever they are and what ever causes them I would hate to be without them.....

...sorry, way off topic.
I totally agree - on both counts!! LOL this thread has kind of drifted....
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator