What was your (biggest) mistake in self-bondage

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
Rob73

Re: What was your (biggest) mistake in self-bondage

Post by Rob73 »

I used some reusable zip ties that have a little tab to release the "teeth" that allow the zip tie to be removed. However, I was a little excited and didn't have much time, so when I secured my hands together, I laid my wrists on top of the other with my hands pointing in opposite directions. This made it impossible to reach the tab to release them and I struggled to my desk where I found a pocketknife. I tried cutting the zip tie but it was too thick, and I had no leverage. I had some other toys in use that were beginning to get extra uncomfortable, so I wasn't very steady, but I was able to use the blade on the pocketknife to reach the tab and finally open the zip tie.
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

a standard pencil works on that too.use the eraser tp push the tab
pavtron

Post by pavtron »

Finished a session an and didn't get the required satisfaction. So I locked my head in a box while still having my mouth gagged. Spun around 5 times in an empty room and let the key go. In my haste I didn't set up a backup. After searching the room twice on my hands and knees I couldn't find the key. The box was tight enough to keep the gag in place. The panic started to set in... did the key go under the door? How do I get this box of my head?

Did some breathing (best I could) to calm my nerves. Searched the room again keeping a foot against the wall. Found it! Oh man that was a scary hour.
Boinkk

Post by Boinkk »

Sometimes I tried to tie myself but not been able to trap myself with rope bondage that sometimes makes me sad :( because I'm not able to immobilise myself
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

Boinkk wrote: 01 Apr 2024, 20:28 Sometimes I tried to tie myself but not been able to trap myself with rope bondage that sometimes makes me sad :( because I'm not able to immobilise myself
There are knots with which you can tie yourself without having the opportunity to get loose again.
So you have to make sure that you can either get free with an ice lock or the help of someone else. :twisted:
Boinkk

Post by Boinkk »

But after my Masturbation from that self-bondage I don't get excited that also makes it as mistake can you tell how do I prevent this
Anything_Once

Post by Anything_Once »

Not sure if I ever mentioned my biggest mistake. This was some time ago in my very first flat. I was young and stupid.

I was tied in the bath, it was empty, that had a deep window ledge next to it. I can't recall the exact tie but I had some rope holding emergency release keys in a box on the window sill about a foot above the bath. Pull rope, get keys. Simple.

Well I had a bath before had and the tiled ledge was slick. Also I had previously left a demi John (1 gallon glass container) on the ledge to dry after I had cleaned it. In my excitement I hadn't removed it, just pushed it to the side thinking that would be good enough.

Pulling the roped pulled the box and it must of moved at an angle. It caught the demijohn and slid it into the bath. It shattered and I got an almost 6 inch splinter of glass in my leg, slid under the skin about 2 inches running down my leg parallel to my shin bone and bled a lot. Had to be careful to untie without snapping it. Got a nice scar as a reminder.

Now I double check all my surroundings, releases, and definitely move any glass well out of way.
The problem with trying anything once is that eventually it gets hard to find new things to try...
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

Boinkk wrote: 02 Apr 2024, 12:59 But after my Masturbation from that self-bondage I don't get excited that also makes it as mistake can you tell how do I prevent this
It's normal to lose excitement after you've come; especially if you are a man.
It is therefore best to slow down so that you stretch out that time and enjoy your bondage for a longer time.
Another option is to keep going until you feel the excitement coming again.
hogfan-sub

Post by hogfan-sub »

kinbaku wrote: 03 Apr 2024, 03:18
Boinkk wrote: 02 Apr 2024, 12:59 But after my Masturbation from that self-bondage I don't get excited that also makes it as mistake can you tell how do I prevent this
It's normal to lose excitement after you've come; especially if you are a man.
It is therefore best to slow down so that you stretch out that time and enjoy your bondage for a longer time.
Another option is to keep going until you feel the excitement coming again.
I quite agree. I would say that my most frequent mistake with selfbondage for so many years, was that I would see the bondage as being basically a "masturbation technique". I used to make all kinds of "vows" with myself that I would stay tied for at least one full hour after cumming, but every time...shoot and I wanted out! One day, especially as my techniques improved, I realised that I really enjoyed the "journey", as in the planning, tying and the feeling of being bound way more than that momentary orgasm. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy a good orgasm occasionally, but since I've stopped routinely including cumming in my sessions, I enjoy them way more and for way longer (the bondage, that is, although my nowadays very infrequent stimulated orgasms can be really deep and long as well...the benefits of a little abstention!! :rofl: ). This does involve a huge amount of self-discipline and training. I will on occasion reach a spontaneous ruined orgasm, especially if crotch ropes and nipple clamps are involved, but the good pay-off there is that the refraction time (loss of interest) seems way less than with a fully stimulated orgasm. This very likely explains why I now spend most of my time locked in chastity...the denial can become itself very intoxicating, and there's nothing like a well-fitted chastity cage or belt to really mess up those "mattress grinding" moments whilst tied :twisted:
"There is something comforting about being tied up" (Madonna).....Oh how I agree!!

"I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission." (HAL 9000)