"Just one more belt" almost got me stuck

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
ZipMeUp

"Just one more belt" almost got me stuck

Post by ZipMeUp »

The things can work great when tried alone but fail totally when tried in combination with something else
A while back I had the grand opportunity to have the entire house to myself. That could only mean one thing - I was going to enjoy a nice, long bondage session. In anticipation of this moment I had devised quite the clever bondage setup. My hands would be cuffed behind my back with a strap running through the chain and around my bed. A modified seatbelt mechanism would act as a ratchet and ensure that any slack I generated while wiggling / struggling would be instantly eaten up. The other side (the non-seatbelt side) would be secured with a magnetic lock.

I went to get the straps and restraints ready for the scenario and something was... missing. Although I knew I could not escape, I really wanted my feet bound as well. So I took a (locking) tie down strap and added it near my feet, pre-locked and ready to tighten as soon as the session began

I fastened the restraints and pulled the seatbelt to full extension. Click! The game was on. I relaxed and the ZzzZzzZzzZzzzipping from the seatbelt mechanism sent a clear message that I was to be bound for the full hour with no chance of release. This was going to be quite the ride. When stuck, I love to fantasize about being truly inescapably bound. I imagined that the magnet wasn't there and I was going to be bound for eternity.

5 minutes into the session, I began to realize that my dream might be reality. The (locking) tie down strap ensnaring my ankles would make it difficult, if not impossible, to get to the seatbelt mechanism and release it. If I wasn't careful in my escape, the seatbelt would lock me into a stretched-out position that would be just as inescapable as the starting position but at least twice as uncomfortable. I would be stuck there for around 16 hours, in pure agony, until my inevitable, embarrassing discovery.

After what seemed like ages, the maglock released and the real challenge started. How was I going to release myself?
If I went towards the seatbelt, the ankle belt would ensure I would be completely stuck and stretched out as above. Total fail. But I couldn't go anywhere else. The seatbelt could not be made any longer, and they were attached to the handcuffs so the odds of grabbing the key were nonexistent.

After a long while (I had no way of knowing the time, I came up with an escape plan. With the way the seatbelt was tied, the magnet releasing the other strap should make it possible to separate the seatbelt's buckle from the handcuffs. Or so I hoped. I shifted my body to get a better angle on the knot and the seatbelt reminded me of its presence by clicking in an inch or two of strap. Although I had never designed the connection between the handcuff, the seatbelt, and the strap to come undone like this, this was the only way I was going to escape. I remembered the knot being a slip knot, and after carefully adjusting my body for the optimum angle, gave a sharp tug. The noose gave way a bit, and within a few more pulls I was free and the seatbelt was no longer attached. Getting the (overly tight) ankle strap off with the handcuffs on was difficult, but doable. Once that was done I was able to move the handcuffs to the front of my body and open the final lock. I was finally free.

So what went wrong?
  • Adding "Just one more strap" without thinking it through. Even a seemingly inconsequential piece of bondage can add several black diamonds to the difficulty of escape.
  • Making bondage locking that didn't need to be. The locking nature of the ankle strap served no purpose in the scenario since there was no way to reach it. Had I been able to unlock it without a key I could have simply brought my ankles to my hands, undone the buckle, and gotten out much easier.
  • Using metal, high security, police-grade handcuffs in complicated scenarios. Although handcuffs are easy to use in bondage, they are really easy to inadvertently screw yourself over with. The presence of handcuffs also makes it much, much harder to escape when things go wrong. I had to rely on an unintended implemenation detail to get free and was nearly stuck for real. The pinned post viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13974 is really good advice.
  • Multiple releases are always a good idea. A second timed release that dropped a webbing cutter would have eliminated the odds of getting stuck in this specific scenario.
It it ain't inescapable... It ain't my kind of bondage.
kinbaku

Re: "Just one more belt" almost got me stuck

Post by kinbaku »

Thank you for the notice you wrote to us. And luckily you got out well.
TicleMeEndless

Post by TicleMeEndless »

I remember, i got some situation like that. I was dressed up as girl, a key hanging from ceiling on a VERY short string, much higher than my head. I checked: if i stand on stool, i can get a key with a my mouth. I wanted to test my sense of balance and ingenuity: can I get to the key by moving the stool to another room and handcuffed behind my back?
While I was doing all this, desire took hold of me, my mind became clouded, I fell into a subspace. It seemed to me that something was missing in this whole picture. One little touch. And then I put on the gag and locked a handcuffs. Oh what a mistake it was! I tried few times to get a key, but couldn't even get close to him. There was a good half a meter more to the key. I went down to the floor, stant to think how to get a key... And realized i got stuck. Ah, that amazing feeling! I got stuck in girl's dress, gagged and cuffed behind. I just stood straight, looked ahead of me with an unseeing gaze and blushed deeply. :oops: For a totally fail only the forget to lock door and the parents entering the room at that moment were missing. I didn't have a backup release, and next fight for freedom was a real challenge. Well, i win this time! It was stupid, but damn exciting. :twisted:
Not all dreams must come true. Choice with a cold mind. Be careful. Not crazy as me.
ZipMeUp

Post by ZipMeUp »

TicleMeEndless wrote: I didn't have a backup release, and next fight for freedom was a real challenge
So how did you get free? I'm assuming not with the key, since you were :gag: :oops: and couldn't take it down.
Did you figure out how to open them with a bobby pin or similar? I got out of a similar situation by picking the lock with the spring from a ballpoint pen.
It it ain't inescapable... It ain't my kind of bondage.
TicleMeEndless

Post by TicleMeEndless »

With my cuffs it cannot works. Threre's need a key with a cut in center of pin. I just took this hanging key. I don't remember how exactly, I think I managed to move some of the furniture and climb on top. It was a long time ago.
Not all dreams must come true. Choice with a cold mind. Be careful. Not crazy as me.