• Advertisement
Having Problems?

A selfbondage tragedy

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.

Re: A selfbondage tragedy

Postby tiemeupalso » 03 Apr 2019, 13:56

theres nothing wrong with cuffs,chain and locks.
its the rope around the neck that KILLS
tiemeupalso

Postby lj » 04 Apr 2019, 12:03

tiemeupalso wrote:theres nothing wrong with cuffs,chain and locks.
its the rope around the neck that KILLS

sadly there are ways to die using those as well

A while ago I had the unpleasant opportunity to see the photos of a death that appeared to be self-bondage-related. The victim had tied his cuffs to a rope fixed above his head, used other ropes to secure his folded legs and had misjudged the supporting rope length when he lost his balance. The coroner recorded death by suffocation - a consequence of the severe tension applied to his chest muscles by his own body weight. Apparently this is what kills a crucifixion victim.

And of course there is the simple death by dehydration (starvation works, but slower) whilst securely chained to a fixed point with a failed emergency release and no back-up. The list is long.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
lj

Postby Shannon SteelSlave » 04 Apr 2019, 17:12

That goes for hog ties and suspensions as well. I have heard of strict hog ties that arch the back and especially those that force the head back can bend the neck into an awkward position that can restrict breathing. Made worse by the use of a gag. Does there exist a list of self bondage "no-nos"? You know, things that should not be done or attempted without a partner?
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
Shannon SteelSlave

Postby lj » 04 Apr 2019, 17:36

Shannon SteelSlave wrote: things that should not be done or attempted without a partner?

no, because what may be fine for me may not work for you.

A simple example, My nose, despite being a bit above average size, is pretty useless for breathing through - it was always narrow, but a head-on car crash reduced the through-way even more! So a mouth-filling gag could easily result in a severe restriction on breathing or even suffocation, whilst you may breathe freely through your nose alone.

Then you get onto more complex things, your example of severe bending is a typical case. I am, for my age, very supple, someone half my age (or a quarter!) may be unable to sustain a position, that I can hold, without serious strain or muscle damage.

Then there is hardware. Your idea of a suitable wrist cuff may work for you but cause nerve damage for someone else.

But of course there are some obvious no-no scenarios for self-bondage.

Anything round the throat, even something rigid that can't tighten, can always be twisted and compromise breathing.

Anything fully blocking the mouth ( ball-gag, butterfly or other inflatable gag) leaves you with just the nose. Try vomitting through your nose - it will go the easy way, into your lungs. (or you just have an ineffective nose like me!)

Complete enclosure in rubber - why? because your temperature regulation relies on you being able to sweat, so prolonged restraint could allow your body temperature go into over-drive

Head in an airtight enclosure

all of these can be safe (ish) with a skilled and observant partner, or with very carefully thought-out emergency release - except the last, because partial suffocation can cause brain malfunction, initially losing the ability to think rationally (ask a pilot who flies too high without oxygen)
be a switch, double the fun :-)
lj

Postby Shannon SteelSlave » 04 Apr 2019, 21:10

This will do just fine to explain, thanx, LJ. If there are any hard and fast rules, let us know. With everything in life being a risk, and us 2, labeled as kill joys, I can see why a big rule book does not exist. You are doing great though, and thanx again.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
Shannon SteelSlave

Previous

Return to Site feedback