Mobile Friendly....

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
Zubba1

Mobile Friendly....

Post by Zubba1 »

Has the site owner looked at trying to make the forum/site a little more mobile friendly?
Where everything in your browser is there, and you don't have the shrink/maximize a screen to see everything...

I believe this board being used is phpBB...and they are not too good on handling the mobile platform.
This site might want to look at using or getting a plugin what not, that makes it much nicer to use on mobile..

Just a thought...and a question I assume....
lj

Re: Mobile Friendly....

Post by lj »

I obviously can't answer on the Boss's behalf, but this site is "low budget" and we have the use of it by the good will of Anna. As I understand it, the ads you see are "click-through" and don't earn cash, simply act as a conduit for advertising the site itself via search engine algorithms.

So if anyone has the skill and money to add "plug-ins" that improve the mobile experience, I'm sure Anna would be happy to discuss the possibilities.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Zubba1 wrote:Has the site owner looked at trying to make the forum/site a little more mobile friendly?
Try playing around with the different board styles available under User Control Panel - Board Preferences. No guarantees that it is working.
lj wrote:As I understand it, the ads you see are "click-through" and don't earn cash, simply act as a conduit for advertising the site itself via search engine algorithms.
The adverts do not earn anything by being displayed, that is correct. But they do generate income if someone clicks on it and signs up to the target site. The adverts running on this site is part of an advertising network where several websites is pooled together. The advertising is there to generate income, It is not used for advertising the site via search engine algorithms.
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
Tmacster1

Post by Tmacster1 »

anna wrote: The adverts do not earn anything by being displayed, that is correct. But they do generate income if someone clicks on it and signs up to the target site. The adverts running on this site is part of an advertising network where several websites is pooled together. The advertising is there to generate income, It is not used for advertising the site via search engine algorithms.
Definitely makes sense kind of similar to what Google Adsense does.

As for mobile friendly I seem to pick up the site well on my iPod Touch using Prosilver. Haven't tried using Subsilver 2 or Artodia: Mobile and SEO; but I'm sure those two would work good to.
Tmac
Zubba1

Post by Zubba1 »

Please don't take my previous comments as a negative.

Love the site.

Havent used phpBB in a long time but I knew of free addons (on others...) that allowed a more useful mobile friendly them is all.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

Zubba1 wrote:Please don't take my previous comments as a negative.

Love the site.

Havent used phpBB in a long time but I knew of free addons (on others...) that allowed a more useful mobile friendly them is all.
anna forgot to mention that she doesn't want to use too many addons, as those may cause trouble/prove incompatible when applying PHPBB updates.
[
Zubba1

Post by Zubba1 »

Completely understand :)