• Advertisement
Having Problems?

Mobile Friendly....

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.

Mobile Friendly....

Postby Zubba1 » 10 Aug 2014, 18:05

Has the site owner looked at trying to make the forum/site a little more mobile friendly?
Where everything in your browser is there, and you don't have the shrink/maximize a screen to see everything...

I believe this board being used is phpBB...and they are not too good on handling the mobile platform.
This site might want to look at using or getting a plugin what not, that makes it much nicer to use on mobile..

Just a thought...and a question I assume....
Zubba1
***
 
Posts: 244
Joined: 03 Jun 2014, 16:09

Re: Mobile Friendly....

Postby lj » 10 Aug 2014, 18:42

I obviously can't answer on the Boss's behalf, but this site is "low budget" and we have the use of it by the good will of Anna. As I understand it, the ads you see are "click-through" and don't earn cash, simply act as a conduit for advertising the site itself via search engine algorithms.

So if anyone has the skill and money to add "plug-ins" that improve the mobile experience, I'm sure Anna would be happy to discuss the possibilities.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
lj
Moderator
 
Posts: 2079
Joined: 14 Oct 2008, 16:22
Location: East Anglia, UK

Re: Mobile Friendly....

Postby anna » 11 Aug 2014, 08:31

Zubba1 wrote:Has the site owner looked at trying to make the forum/site a little more mobile friendly?

Try playing around with the different board styles available under User Control Panel - Board Preferences. No guarantees that it is working.

lj wrote:As I understand it, the ads you see are "click-through" and don't earn cash, simply act as a conduit for advertising the site itself via search engine algorithms.
The adverts do not earn anything by being displayed, that is correct. But they do generate income if someone clicks on it and signs up to the target site. The adverts running on this site is part of an advertising network where several websites is pooled together. The advertising is there to generate income, It is not used for advertising the site via search engine algorithms.
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
User avatar
anna
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1795
Joined: 06 Mar 2006, 21:42
Location: European Union

Re: Mobile Friendly....

Postby Tmacster1 » 11 Aug 2014, 20:25

anna wrote: The adverts do not earn anything by being displayed, that is correct. But they do generate income if someone clicks on it and signs up to the target site. The adverts running on this site is part of an advertising network where several websites is pooled together. The advertising is there to generate income, It is not used for advertising the site via search engine algorithms.


Definitely makes sense kind of similar to what Google Adsense does.

As for mobile friendly I seem to pick up the site well on my iPod Touch using Prosilver. Haven't tried using Subsilver 2 or Artodia: Mobile and SEO; but I'm sure those two would work good to.
Tmac
User avatar
Tmacster1
**
 
Posts: 58
Joined: 30 Jul 2014, 23:48
Location: Seattle Washington

Re: Mobile Friendly....

Postby Zubba1 » 11 Aug 2014, 21:30

Please don't take my previous comments as a negative.

Love the site.

Havent used phpBB in a long time but I knew of free addons (on others...) that allowed a more useful mobile friendly them is all.
Zubba1
***
 
Posts: 244
Joined: 03 Jun 2014, 16:09

Re: Mobile Friendly....

Postby ponylady » 12 Aug 2014, 00:40

Zubba1 wrote:Please don't take my previous comments as a negative.

Love the site.

Havent used phpBB in a long time but I knew of free addons (on others...) that allowed a more useful mobile friendly them is all.


anna forgot to mention that she doesn't want to use too many addons, as those may cause trouble/prove incompatible when applying PHPBB updates.
[
User avatar
ponylady
Moderator
 
Posts: 3487
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 19:52
Location: germany

Re: Mobile Friendly....

Postby Zubba1 » 13 Aug 2014, 21:50

Completely understand :)
Zubba1
***
 
Posts: 244
Joined: 03 Jun 2014, 16:09


Return to Site feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest