Mobile Browsing App via Android

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
Zubba1

Mobile Browsing App via Android

Post by Zubba1 »

Greetings all.

An inquiry as well as request as well as finding.

I was looking, did a little searching and found nothing as far as an app on android to browse the forums. (I hate using the web view on a mobile phone, as well as a small tablet, like a nexus 7)

Is there an app that is fully functional for this forum?

Now, the one I did find that works for reading (but has problems posting) is called Forum Touch. I can read just fine, but posting is a problem, does not seem to work right.

So, that being said, if I have missed it, is there a fully functional app that works? (I looked on Tapatalk and it does not work either).

Thanks all!
bound_jenny

Re: Mobile Browsing App via Android

Post by bound_jenny »

A few weeks ago I succumbed to the temptation and bought myself a Samsung Galaxy 10 inch tablet (with eight cores... yikes...). I found Firefox for Android and use that for "mobile" browsing. The only annoying thing is when a site decides that I have to use the mobile version, I can't do otherwise (unless I haven't found the workaround yet - this thing is completely different from anything I've used so far). :evil:

I'm happy to say that the Bound Anna main site and the forum look great on it and have no problems posting or browsing either of them. :D

And it's one heck of a nice toy. 8)

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Zubba1

Post by Zubba1 »

I loved phones and tablets, but forum browsing on them is not all the good, hence is there an app for it...
I got a big ole honkin desktop, a few laptops, and a nexus 7 and samsung galaxy s5. I do most on my desktop, nexus 7 and galaxy s5...

Plus, when at work or what not, I can browse and post via my phone....
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

This is a question that I can not add anything to. I have no android pad, phone or whatever so it is all above my head.

EDIT: You could try out the mobile skin in User Control Panel - Board Preferences - Board Style. This is only a temporary thing and it might disappear at any time so do not rely on it. No support is available for this skin and no guaranties are given that it actually works.
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
qwerty212

Post by qwerty212 »

bound_jenny wrote:A few weeks ago I succumbed to the temptation and bought myself a Samsung Galaxy 10 inch tablet (with eight cores... yikes...). I found Firefox for Android and use that for "mobile" browsing. The only annoying thing is when a site decides that I have to use the mobile version, I can't do otherwise (unless I haven't found the workaround yet - this thing is completely different from anything I've used so far). :evil:

I'm happy to say that the Bound Anna main site and the forum look great on it and have no problems posting or browsing either of them. :D

And it's one heck of a nice toy. 8)

Jenny.
In Android version of Firefox try to click on the options button and you'll see a "Request desktop site".

You can also install a plugin to the browser to force it to show the desktop version as default:

Greets from Barcelona
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Thanks, qwerty! :love:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
natq

Post by natq »

If the sites still force the mobile version, one can download the useragent switcher extension for firefox and use that to spoof the useragent to the site.
They can then merrily get confused at their logs about folks running IE5 on Android 4.4.