Picture Include

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Picture Include

Post by curious_sb »

Just working out how to post pics

curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Yay it worked - easy
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

OK- Want to let the rest of us in on how it's done?
Nice cuffs BTW, did you make them?
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

No I got the URL off Google.

Basically the image has to be hosted on a website - if you have an image that you want to share that is on your PC I can reccommend http://www.imageshack.us for uploading and hosting your image.

Then when you are making your post and you are ready to insert a picture first click the "IMG" button which will create a tag [LIKE THIS]

Then you put the url (that is web address) after the [TAG], then press *IMG it will create a closing tag [/LIKE THIS] so in total your image placement should look something like this:

[opentag]http://webadressgoeshere.com/image.jpg[/closetag]

(instead of opentag and closetag it would say IMG - only if I do that it will try and display it as a picture when I post this message).

Hope that made sense.
Last edited by curious_sb on 29 Apr 2006, 00:04, edited 1 time in total.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Those cuffs are kind of the end result that I have in mind for my belt project, yes, but they are not mine.

EDIT: Does anyone know where I can get those silver studs (I think they are leather rivets) from to secure the two strips of leather together??
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

I moved this from the trash because it contains information that can be helpful to other people. :idea:
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Thanks Anna!
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Just wanted to add a note here. I used Imageshack when I posted the 'Show us your DIY projects' thread. After a couple of months, the pics disappeared. I reloaded them to Photobucket, which is actually easier to use if you have multiple pics to share. I didn't see anything there to indicate that there would be any time limits.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

I am surprised at that, I havent had any issues with image shack, but then I guess its a free service so they must have to clear down every so often, saying that tho, my cuffs above are still showing.

Anyway, I dont endorse them, they are just a free image host that I knew of at the time and worth mentioning for anyone wanting to post an image without "bandwidth stealing" and as they say, you gets what you pay for I guess...

Photobucket are pretty cool hosts too, I think they are free, but dont you have to register for an account or something first? I like image shack because its anonymous, but each to their own, nothing wrong with either really.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
Succubus

Post by Succubus »

I like Photobucket. But for some strange reason I cant use either [img][/img] or [opentag][/closetag]. :?

Its seem strange. :cry:
jake

Post by jake »

Maybe you have the "Disable BBCode" at the bottom ticked?

And the "Disable Smilies"?

:cry: works for me.

If that doesn't work post an example and I'll tell you what you are doing wrong.
Pieter36

Post by Pieter36 »

@Anna.

I have a php script that you can use to let members upload there pics. You can adjust the max file site and the supported files (i.e. jpeg only)

Please pm me if you think it is usefull!
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Pieter36 wrote:@Anna.

I have a php script that you can use to let members upload there pics. You can adjust the max file site and the supported files (i.e. jpeg only)

Please pm me if you think it is usefull!
Thanks for the offer but it is not the lack of scripts that stop me from implementing user upload. Such a system would require a lot of space and a lot of control. I do not want this site closed down because someone uploads a copyrighted file on to the server. The current system (Sending the file to me of using a free image host) might be low tech but it works okay at the moment. Perhaps in the future...
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

what happened to the picture?
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

curious_sb wrote:what happened to the picture?
I changed it. It had changed into something completely different then when you posted it. I thought that it perhaps was a signal that the owner of the picture did not like the hotlinking. I was also hoping that you would not notice. :wink: