Forum go-slow.

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
misQui
Retired Moderator

Post by misQui »

My auto-login has never worked. I have to login manually every visit.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

xatm092 wrote:ZOMG

I clicked the reply button to say that it was probably something to do with your cookies being deleted, and it told me to log in!!!

-_-

I'm guessing it's a new mod that's been installed. I hope the auto-login can be re-instated though.
No new mod have been installed. It was probably caused by the poor performance of the database server. Does it work now?
jake

Post by jake »

No, I had to log in again just now. :(
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

xatm092 wrote:No, I had to log in again just now. :(
Strange. Automatic logins are allowed and it should work. Anyone else with the same problem?
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

I have never been able to get automatic log-in to work. Best I can do is have the browser remember the username and password.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

I have played around with the automatic login a bit. Does it work now?
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Nope
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Are you allowing the forum to set a cookie? Other than that I have no idea why it does not work. It is activated in the forum configuration.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Yes, cookies can be set for all sites, no restrictions. Not a big deal, just a couple clicks to login as the browser remembers everything.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Once again we are experiencing some server problems. (You might get some “Page not found” errors.)
Why does this keep happening all the time? I just moved this forum to a much more reliable host because the old one was misbehaving. :(

Always save your posts (by copying it) before submitting it with the post button. :!:
Venom

Post by Venom »

my autologin works fine :S
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

I think I have figured out why the auto login was not working for me. I would log in and check the box to auto login, but when I left I was logging out. Next time I had to manually login again, and the check box was unchecked. So I logged in and checked the auto login box, but did not log out when I left. I shut down my PC for a few hours while at work, and when I came back, I was logged in automatically. Apparently if you log out at the end of your session, it cancels the auto log in.