Scenarios and dares

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
fishstyx3290

Scenarios and dares

Post by fishstyx3290 »

Maybe it's only me but I would love to see more scenarios on the main site. Makes it easier than having to look though all the posts. Also a section for some of the really good dares would be awesome. Could just read through easier to find a dare that fits your interests. Additionally, adding something big (i e a big message) on the main page about joining the forum might help increase the numbers if the owners of this forum are looking to expand it.
Fish
Fish
lj

Re: Scenarios and dares

Post by lj »

A good point :)

Perhaps Anna will comment on this, but I'll put my thoughts.

The scenarios, and anything else on the main site, need someone to write, draw and prepare the page etc. I know from contributing my own stories, that Anna is very happy to have material for the main site, but of course it must be in a form that is easy and preferably ready to post.

If you would like to collate existing material from the forum pages, or contribute your own, I'm sure it would be welcomed. Ultimately, Anna and the moderators have lives outside of the site and limited time to add scenarios etc. so extra help would no doubt be appreciated.

There is already the flashing link on the main site to the forum but perhaps an explanatory paragraph on the main site page would be helpful.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Since this is in the site feedback section, Anna will eventually have a look-see.

There are more or less regular updates of the main site - all depending on Anna's availability - so keep an eye out for that. Really good scenarios that are safe, easy and well detailed with instructions and diagrams do get posted on the main site.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Thanks for the feedback!

The problem I have is that adding everything from the forum to the main site would much and to large and hard to manage. Adding just a few things to the main site could be seen as unfair to some. Therefore I implemented the update suggestion thread, http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... f=3&t=3089

That thread makes it possible for forum members to nominate their favorite scenarios, techniques, dares and so on to be added to the main site. Anyone can use it but please only if you think that the material is good enough. It would not make sense to have a lot of scenarios that are more or less the same. There is also the issue that it sometime it very hard to transform a forum post into a format suitable for the main site. Receiving the material in a good clear format that is easy to add helps a lot and makes adding it much easier. This includes simple things like spell checking and text formatting.

Updates are usually added when a certain number of new addition has been reached but the time frame for this can vary a lot. It usually depends on how much material I have to add. Some people will tell you that their material got added directly while other will tell you that they had to wait for months or that it was never added at all. (I do try to use everything I think is usable but it is possible that some things can fall between the cracks and get lost. Please send me an email if you have sent me something that I have not yet added.) I do not think that updating the site just to update it is of interest. BoundAnna.com could be updated every day if all I did was to change the "last update date" each day. It would be an update but it would not add anything to the website.

Expanding the forum is not something that I really think is of interest for anyone. Expansion for the sake of expansion would only hurt the forum in the long run. The number of members in a forum is not of interest. The only thing of interest is the activity of the members and what they post as well as what sort of community spirit that there are. I am sure that most people who are interested in selfbondage and actually manages to find the main site will also find the forum without any problems.
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
BoundTammy

Post by BoundTammy »

I think that a nice addition to the main page that would not be too difficult (please correct me if i'm wrong) would be posting links below any scenario to forum posts of someone that has actually done it. That would close the circle as those scenarios usually come from the forum. But it will also link to more info for those who start from the main page and don't usually keep up to date with the forum.
Just my 2 cents!

Tam
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Thanks for the two cents Tam. :D
BoundTammy wrote:I think that a nice addition to the main page that would not be too difficult (please correct me if i'm wrong) would be posting links below any scenario to forum posts of someone that has actually done it.
The scenarios really should not be tried for real
BoundTammy wrote:But it will also link to more info for those who start from the main page and don't usually keep up to date with the forum.
It could be a good way to add some additional safety info but it would also send a message that the scenarios are meant to be tried.

I will consider linking the scenarios to the forum but I make no promises.

By the way, were those cents EUR or USD?
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

anna wrote:y the way, were those cents EUR or USD?
Canadian? :mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

bound_jenny wrote:Canadian? :mrgreen:
Oh, I forgot about the Loonie. Sounds like a mad currency. :mrgreen:

The number of countries using cents is even larger than I first thought. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cent_(currency) ) So I should probably have asked what currency those cents were in instead.
BoundTammy

Post by BoundTammy »

The scenarios really should not be tried for real
Yes, I do know the scenarios are "fantasy only". I do know that they *are* mostly dangerous.
But...
It could be a good way to add some additional safety info.
Many times you can find an inspiration in them, study them well, then adapt them to your own SAFE way of doing something exciting (which can be quite different from the original). That is what i ment. And that implies you actually add to the safety of everyone if you post your own solutions to safety concerns, as well as exposing your solutions to public scrutiny, therefore allowing others to see where you might have made a mistake in evaluation and hopefully someone points it out to you. This leads to a better understanding of any given scenario and it's inherent dangers.
but it would also send a message that the scenarios are meant to be tried
... and this really is the question.
I know that running a forum and website focused on selfbondage implies a big responsibility. You cannot control who is viewing it and what s/he can do afterwards.
My personal opinion is that, apart from the usual disclaimers, the best way to prevent any irresponsible action is increasing the amount of safety related discussion available. It may be just me, but i find reading a long series of posts regarding safety of any single toy, tool, tie or a whole scenario very very useful. I always find a new potential threat or failure and i get even more careful on what i do.

Again, my 2 cents (euro), and... no, I have no solution to my own questions and proposals, just triggering a discussion.

Tammy
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

BoundTammy wrote:My personal opinion is that, apart from the usual disclaimers, the best way to prevent any irresponsible action is increasing the amount of safety related discussion available. It may be just me, but i find reading a long series of posts regarding safety of any single toy, tool, tie or a whole scenario very very useful. I always find a new potential threat or failure and i get even more careful on what i do.
I agree with you and I will try to implement some sort of connection between the main site and the forum. Do not hold your breath though as I have no idea how It should be done at the moment but I am sure I will think of something given some time. :?
BoundTammy wrote:Again, my 2 cents (euro)...
Thanks! :D