Posting stories

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
Undersub66

Posting stories

Post by Undersub66 »

I've tried twice now to post a story and both times after completing the typing i was redirected to the login page! My story was lost . I did do the test post and it ended up being on their seven times. Could anyone tell me what I' doing wrong or how to recover the lost posting? Thanks
cdinbonds

Re: Posting stories

Post by cdinbonds »

If it takes a relatively long time to type your story, the board sees you as inactive and logs you off,even though you are still typing. The easiest way to avoid this is to hit the "Preview" button at the bottom of the page every now and then. This keeps you logged in, and allows you to see exactly how your post will look.

The next best thing is probably to type your story in a word processor, and save it as a text file, then copy and paste it in here.

If you don't want to do that, you can also type here, then copy your post to the clipboard (assuming you are using Windoze) before you try to submit it. That way, even if you get logged off, you still have the text ready to paste back in when you log back in.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Undersub66

Post by Undersub66 »

Thanks for the info. Ill try again tomorrow
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

The above advice is top notch and should solve your problems. If not please let us know. :hi:
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

cdinbonds wrote:The next best thing is probably to type your story in a word processor, and save it as a text file, then copy and paste it in here.
This is by far the best option. Most word processors have some kind of auto-save or recovery feature, whereas web forms don't. There are so many reasons why you might get disconnected before you can complete the post, including ones that aren't the net or the board's fault.

Best of all, you can compose it in one or more sessions, then come back to it and proof-read it properly later before posting.

Also, you probably don't need to save it as a text file. Just copy/paste directly from your word processor. The major disadvantage with saving as a text file is that (depending on the word processor) it is likely to insert line breaks, whereas it is much better to let the board software wrap text correctly.Make sure you write your paragraphs as paragraphs, and put blank lines between them. That is, press Enter twice between paragraphs, and don't press it at all in the middle. Let the computer(s) do the work of formatting. You just write the words.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

Undersub66 wrote:I've tried twice now to post a story and both times after completing the typing i was redirected to the login page! My story was lost . I did do the test post and it ended up being on their seven times. Could anyone tell me what I' doing wrong or how to recover the lost posting? Thanks
that's what the "draft" function is for.

this works just like a normal topic start or reply. just hit "save" when typing a reply & you can later access it via your UCP.
it won't get posted unless you hit "submit" *which is why domme/s have so much trouble participating on boards. they just
can't bring themselves to click that button :P :P :P *

@ anna: since the UCP doesn't allow you to set a cookie expiration date, it would help users to know how long the timestamp
on the cookie is on default.
[
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

ponylady wrote:@ anna: since the UCP doesn't allow you to set a cookie expiration date, it would help users to know how long the timestamp
on the cookie is on default.
I do not know how to see that. The cookie settings page do not have any such information.

The maximum time to submit a form though is currently 7200 seconds.
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

ponylady wrote:it won't get posted unless you hit "submit" *which is why domme/s have so much trouble participating on boards. they just can't bring themselves to click that button
Well, obviously, that button needs to be renamed "Submit/Dominate".

Or possibly "Post".

Which frankly would make more sense; I've clicked "Save" instead of "Submit" several times because "Save" sounded more like what I wanted to do than "Submit", and I'm not even a dom.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Could label it as "Post"...

Yea, I think I've saved a few my self..
I'm also on The bound forum, and between the 2 sites, that button in different locations...
I'm just glad there is no "clear" button...

And another thing, don't write everything, jump to another page to check something and come back here to 'Submit' what
you entered... It won't be here... :(
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
nitro
Retired Moderator

Post by nitro »

Or you could Submit on the Post.
Dark_Lizerd wrote:And another thing, don't write everything, jump to another page to check something and come back here to 'Submit' what
you entered... It won't be here... :(
This is why browser tabs were invented. Or at least one reason.:D
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

It doesn't matter what the button is labeled, and whether you're D or s, Anna is the Boss Lady here and everyone submits! :whip: :P :P :P

Even me. :lol:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

... All submit to Anna....
all bow in her presents...
we all must submit...

(yea, with tabs it works... )
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...