Main board page headings

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
nitro
Retired Moderator

Main board page headings

Post by nitro »

Hi,
I don't usually enter the forums through the main page. I have a bookmark for the forums.
I just noticed if you click on the flashing "Forum" button the main page, the page presented has the "Links" title blue box at the top (same as the links page).
Not sure if this was intentional...If so just ignore me :gag:.
Kronopticon

Re: Main board page headings

Post by Kronopticon »

just tried it myself, and i find no problems with it.... what browser are you using? or what OS?
http://fetlife.com/users/209924 <- My Fetlife Page
"If you're enjoying it, that means you're doing it right."
nitro
Retired Moderator

Post by nitro »

Hi, I am running Linux EL5.5 with Seamonkey 2.05.
Here is a capture of part of the "Forums" entry page.
screencap_forums.png
Kronopticon

Post by Kronopticon »

I may have misunderstood the issue :lol: i suppose its a link is it not? :lol: :lol:
nitro
Retired Moderator

Post by nitro »

It may be as designed but it seems out of place. All the other pages have the same heading as the selection on the left. (Except Main which has "Welcome" but this seems to make sense and is not a duplicate)
The Links page has "Links" at the top so I expected the Forum page to have "Forum" at the top. I understand it is just a link to the forum but the same could be said about the other pages. (eg. just links to sotries, etc).
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Sorry for joining in late here, have been away for a while... :hi:

I like the discussions about these small issues. It shows me that people care about the site. :D

The forum button was originally a link directly to the forum, opening in a new window or tab. I did a quick fix to make it behave in a less surprising manner by changing it to what it is today. (See here for background: http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... 089#p27202)

The header graphics should really say Forum, just as pointed out. But because it was a quick fix I did not take the time to make a new header. And I do not even know if I could do a new header for it. I might not have the font any more. Besides, there are much more complicated problems to solve on the main site and unfortunately only a complete redesign could address those issues. Therefor I do not want to invest to much time into polishing the current design but I will fix it if I find the font somewhere. It does not hurt keeping things tidy even when they are disintegrating before ones eyes, does it? :mrgreen:
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
Kronopticon

Post by Kronopticon »

what complicated problems could those be? it seems to me the website works fine?
unless there's some massive underlying issue which only you know of!?!?! sorry, i just want some drama every now and then :P
nitro
Retired Moderator

Post by nitro »

Thanks Anna, Let me know if I can help. I don't have a great deal of time but I'll do what I can. :)
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Kronopticon wrote:what complicated problems could those be? it seems to me the website works fine?
unless there's some massive underlying issue which only you know of!?!?! sorry, i just want some drama every now and then :P
The problems with the current design is not apparent unless you are a webdesigner as the problems are mostly hidden from view. The site works rather good as it is but it is far from a good design and updating the site is a pain sometime. :lol: But I love the website and no design issues will change that.

nitro wrote:Thanks Anna, Let me know if I can help. I don't have a great deal of time but I'll do what I can. :)
Thanks Nitro. I would not have any idea what I would need help with right now because I do not even know what I want to do, if anything.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Well, I did not intend to do it but somehow it got done anyway... :roll:
Attachments
bigforum.gif
bigforum.gif (2.65 KiB) Viewed 4070 times
nitro
Retired Moderator

Post by nitro »

anna wrote:Well, I did not intend to do it but somehow it got done anyway... :roll:
Sleep typing?? :lol:

Wow you are fast!! Thanks Anna, Nice update. :)