MODERATOR QUESTION: GOOGLE BOT?

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
PetticoatJane

MODERATOR QUESTION: GOOGLE BOT?

Post by PetticoatJane »

deleted
Last edited by PetticoatJane on 19 May 2016, 09:42, edited 1 time in total.
onestrangeguy

Re: MODERATOR QUESTION: GOOGLE BOT?

Post by onestrangeguy »

This is one of the primary reasons that I, and some other users do not reveal our true identities on sites like this. While the google bot isn't really a bad thing, it is part of their search engine. A robot of sorts, which reports back users and subject matter to Google. I guess if we want Google to find the things we want for us we have to live with this sort of thing. :hi:
I'm not sure which is worse, having Google watch us, or having Jenny watching over us. :lol:
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Yes, that is just Google stopping by to update their search index. Google bot surfs around on the Internet 24 hours per day looking for updated or new information.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

onestrangeguy wrote:I'm not sure which is worse, having Google watch us, or having Jenny watching over us.
Since I'm the one with the whip, the answer to that is obvious. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
CuffMe

Post by CuffMe »

HI there,

but I guess the one with the whip is the more pleasant one in this context, isn't she? 8)

Anyway... normally with a robots.txt file the google-bot will not archive file in folders that
one excludes....

That means, if it is wanted, that specific things, or even a whole site is not crawled...
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

bound_jenny wrote:Since I'm the one with the whip, the answer to that is obvious. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Jenny.
That's about the way I saw it too. :lol:
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

CuffMe wrote:That means, if it is wanted, that specific things, or even a whole site is not crawled...
Yes but do we really want that? How many of the members here found this forum through a Google search?
CuffMe

Post by CuffMe »

Hi Anna,

yes. sure. I was just a comment to "Google is watching us".
I only wanted to point out, that it is a self chosen predicament, as users from the outside should be able to find
posts via a google query and as on the other hand you reveal everything posted on the board to the whole world ( age 21 and over :whip: )..
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

CuffMe wrote:I only wanted to point out, that it is a self chosen predicament, as users from the outside should be able to find posts via a google query and as on the other hand you reveal everything posted on the board to the whole world ( age 21 and over :whip: )..
There's no age limit requirement on Google searches, so anyone can find us. Only the 'Less than smart' young ones get caught. :lol:
G4K-DK

Post by G4K-DK »

bound_jenny wrote:
onestrangeguy wrote:I'm not sure which is worse, having Google watch us, or having Jenny watching over us.
Since I'm the one with the whip, the answer to that is obvious. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Jenny.
Yes, google!!!
:gag: :whip: