Forum updated

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
anna
Site Admin

Forum updated

Post by anna »

The forum software has been updated. Please report any problems you might find. :hi:
RADER

Re: Forum updated

Post by RADER »

anna:
I like the "No one under 21" sign. Good Idea; Now lets hope it works.
Rader :D
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

RADER wrote:I like the "No one under 21" sign.
Thanks for the feedback. It is nice is it not? :mrgreen:

It is a needed but somewhat irritating addition. It will be located either where it is now or at the very top of the page above the header. I am not sure where to put it at this moment. I want it to be highly visible but at the same time as non irritating as possible.
Kronopticon

Post by Kronopticon »

if only there was a way to place it between the "phpbb/boundanna.com" writing and the search bar... i think it'd look good there.
http://fetlife.com/users/209924 <- My Fetlife Page
"If you're enjoying it, that means you're doing it right."
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I would put it between the top banner and the one just below with the "Board index...". That way it doesn't break up the banner at the top and screen width doesn't come into play either (narrower resolutions might play havoc with the layout of the top banner).

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

it has to be the only ad on the web without a link.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

actually, to make it more visible, but less irritating: change the background-color to a warm yellow.

this way it will be noticed, but can be easily ignored, as one knows what that yellow blob is.
[
bobbi

Post by bobbi »

active topics link no longer works... was my primary means of surfing lol.

http://forum.boundanna.net/board/search ... ive_topics

cheers and good luck :D
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

solostill wrote:active topics link no longer works... was my primary means of surfing lol.

http://forum.boundanna.net/board/search ... ive_topics

cheers and good luck :D

confirmed.
[
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Thank you all for the feedback. I Like the idea from Bound Jenny, I will consider using it. But for now please let me know if the current placement is better than the last one.
ponylady wrote:it has to be the only ad on the web without a link.
Strange is it not. :mrgreen: That is because I use a system for placing banners that are already in the forum software. This removes the need for me to do any hardcore modification to the forum files.
solostill wrote:active topics link no longer works... was my primary means of surfing lol.
I did not even know that it used to work. It has been disabled since the forum was first started. Apparently there was a minor bug in the previous forum version that made it work when it was not supposed to. Try if it works now. :wink:
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

I'm not really complaining at all since I well recognize the need for the banners at the top of the page. Unfortunately at 1024 X 768 resolution this leaves very little room at the bottom of the page for the content we came here for.

By the way, I like the new banner better where it is at the top.

As long as we're on the subject of visitors being over the age of 21, I'm curious as to where that requirement came from. One other forum that I, and many others here visit has an opening page such as our initial black and blue page except theirs says nothing about age, just adds and 'Click here to enter'. Again, I think there should be an age limit, but am just curious about where these rules come from, and why some boards don't seem to follow them.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

That's an interesting place, but it sort of leaves an awkward blank. It would look better there if it had a frame around it.

@onestrangeguy: 21 is an age that absolutely guarantees that the minimum legal age of consent in any jurisdiction is cleared. Since the world is made of of many different countries, and many countries are divided into several regions which may have their own lawmaking apparatus, the legal age varies among these jurisdictions. Thus in specifying 21, absolutely no one can say that we cater to underage members. And it relieves a work burden in determining who has access and who doesn't, according to their place of residence - especially since a lot of people don't specify their location.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

A frame would make it look a bit better but it would also take up some additional space. I like to keep the "wasted" space at the top to a minimum if possible to keep scrolling to a minimum. But I will look into it and I will also try some other place for the banner once I find out how to actually do that. :mrgreen:

The age limit is as Bound Jenny wrote a way to make sure that one limit should fit everyone. (As far as I know.) And it also makes sure that the people viewing these pages are somewhat more mature than most 18 years tend to be. Some of the threads in this forum deals with subjects that could be very dangerous and therefore I do not want to young people reading it. Some people would say that an age limit of 18 years is enough but I would say that even 21 years are often not enough.

Also note that the 21 year minimum age requirement still applies even if your local law requires less than 21. But it would naturally not apply if your local law requires even higher minimum age than 21. The minimum age for the forum is just that, a minimum age. :!:
bobbi

Post by bobbi »

anna wrote:I did not even know that it used to work. It has been disabled since the forum was first started. Apparently there was a minor bug in the previous forum version that made it work when it was not supposed to. Try if it works now. :wink:
yey lol. ty :D
Kronopticon

Post by Kronopticon »

looks brill there, nice and blended with everything else. Great job anna (thumbs up) ^-^ :hi:
http://fetlife.com/users/209924 <- My Fetlife Page
"If you're enjoying it, that means you're doing it right."
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

After trying some different places for the "over 21 banner" I have decided that it will have to stay at the top for now. This placing is not perfect but it causes the smallest amount of issues and irritations. The banner itself might however undergo a number of facelifts eventually. :mrgreen: