The Official Update Suggestion Thread

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
BondageGames

The Official Update Suggestion Thread

Post by BondageGames »

http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... f=6&t=2859

This should be on the main site :D

Edited by Anna: Added.
anna
Site Admin

Re: Update Suggestion

Post by anna »

Thanks! I will see what I can do about adding it as it really deserve to be there.

Feel free to point out more things that really should be on the main site. Techniques and devices in particular.
BondageGames

Post by BondageGames »

Thanks, Anna!
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Is the following release idea acceptable for your main site?

Pneumatic Release
This is the air powered release that I suggested a while ago.

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help format this idea for your main site.

Edited by Anna: Added
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Riddle wrote:Pneumatic Release
Absolutely! I will take a look at it and see if I can make something out of it. You are free to send me an edited description if you think that you want to add anything or describe anything differently than in the original posts. Otherwise I will try some cut and paste from the original posts.

(Also, the photos in the post should really have been attached to the post instead to make sure they will not suddenly get lost.)
BondageGames

Post by BondageGames »

Another suggestion: Maybe you should sticky this and make it sort of THE suggestion thread. It would keep it all together, and no good suggestion would be lost. :)
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

BondageGames wrote:Another suggestion: Maybe you should sticky this and make it sort of THE suggestion thread. It would keep it all together, and no good suggestion would be lost. :)
:mrgreen:
anna
Site Admin

Re: The Official Update Suggestion Thread

Post by anna »

My friends, fellow kinksters! Remember to add your update suggestions in this thread.
(Post links so the forum threads that contain things that really should be added to the main site.)
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

Well, you asked for it...
I have three minor suggestions that might not be practical or easy to make, so please understand that this is just a wish list.

Quite some time ago links used to open a new window. I thought that was nice, so you fixed it. I would like to see that baack.

On a similar note, I believe that the initial screen that we enter (The black screen with blue selection boxes) comes from a different source than the rest of the site. In any case, this opens a seperate screen (As I would like to see above), but this time I think staying within the same screen would be better.

Does all of that make and sense to anyone but me?

Finally, Maybe I missed it, (I'm old) but I can't find a 'Back to home' option on any, or most of the screens. I notice this especially when I check my PM's and want to get back to the main menu, but I see it other places too.

Now that I've spouted off, thanks for a great site!
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Not sure where you are entering the site from, but I just save the "Board index" page in my favorites or bookmarks, and go straight to that page. I also choose to use the sign me in automatically option, so I don't need to enter my password each time.

As to the "back to home button", if you look for the status bar that tells you where you are, such as "Board index>>www.Boundana.com>>Site feedback", just click on the "board index" part and that will take you back to the index page. Clicking the site feedback part will take you back to this "sub-forum" or section.

The window thing may be a browser setting, or you can right click the link and tell it to open in a new window or tab.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

I didn't know that I could get directly into the forum. I had bookmarked the general Boundanna.com.
As I said, sometimes the simple stuff escapes me.

How about that, there is a link to the index at the top of this page!
but there isn't one on the PM page. aparantly it is some places, but not others.

Thanks for your help.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Actually, there are 2 links back to the index, one at the top and one at the bottom. They are also on the PM page on my computer. I use the "subsilver2" board style. It may be different on the default style "prosilver".

Of course, there's always the "Back" button on your browser, which will take you back one screen from where you are, which can vary depending on what you have been doing.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

Ah!
I found it!
Well, don't I feel stupid!
It must be my age. :wink:
Thanks for the help again.

As for Anna:
never mind. :lol:
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Cdinbounds: Thank you for the detailed answers.
onestrangeguy wrote:Quite some time ago links used to open a new window. I thought that was nice, so you fixed it. I would like to see that baack.
Al external links on the main site should open in a new window. If it does not then I have done something wrong with that link. The bannerlinks in the forum should also open in a new window but links in forum posts do not and I do not know how to make them open in a new window.
onestrangeguy wrote:On a similar note, I believe that the initial screen that we enter (The black screen with blue selection boxes) comes from a different source than the rest of the site. In any case, this opens a seperate screen (As I would like to see above), but this time I think staying within the same screen would be better.
The main website and the forum is closely connected but are also different in many ways. I usually do not like links to throw up a lot of popup windows unexpectedly and I am aware that the current forum link on the main site does just that. The reason for opening the forum link in a new window (Or tab depending on your browser configuration) is that it I do not want anyone who visits the site for the first time to get completely lost. I ideally want people to at least take a look at the basics and the safety sections before entering the forum.

Perhaps I could change the way that the forum link work a bit to remove this issue completely.
cdinbounds wrote:I just save the "Board index" page in my favorites or bookmarks...
I do not recommend bookmarking deep links. Please only bookmark http://forum.boundanna.com/ to keep the bookmark working if things would change in the future. This would just require you to make one mouse click to enter the forum anyway.
onestrangeguy wrote:thanks for a great site!
Thanks for being an important part of what makes the site great! :D
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

anna wrote:
onestrangeguy wrote:Quite some time ago links used to open a new window. I thought that was nice, so you fixed it. I would like to see that back.
Al external links on the main site should open in a new window. If it does not then I have done something wrong with that link. The banner links in the forum should also open in a new window but links in forum posts do not and I do not know how to make them open in a new window.
Yes, I'm referring to the links in posts.
My thought was that if this was an easy change, it might be worthwile.
I would swear that Way back when... those links opened a new window, as they still do in your competitors site. :roll: I believe that changed maybe a year or so ago. I believe at that time you installed a new version of the board system. I just mention this as a passing reference.
I can well understand that this is undoubtedly very complex software, and I have often professed that if it isn't broken, don't fix it. This certainly isn't broken.
My primary reason for liking new windows in this case is rarely, but occasionally you can enter a site through this method and they somehow disable the back button so that it won't take you beyond the opening page of their site.