-Deleted-

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
ydal

-Deleted-

Post by ydal »

-Deleted-
Last edited by ydal on 12 May 2014, 03:07, edited 1 time in total.
anna
Site Admin

Re: Hanging by the bar?

Post by anna »

Thank you for the feedback. I will give it a thought.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

I have been thinking about this quite a lot and I am not sure I totally agree with you. Yes, there are some potential safety issues but I doubt that the type of cuffs used would make much difference. (I always recommend using leather cuffs.) The biggest risks I can see is if the ropes holding the bar breaks. This would cause the bound subject to fall down into the floor face first without any chance of breaking the fall since the hands are locked behind the back. this could cause some severe damages to the head and face but I do not know how much damages would be done to the wrists and ankles.
There is also a risk that the bar can break the arms of the subject if the fall is violent enough, but that would require that the bar follows the subject all the way down to the floor without leaving it place between the arms and the body.

Making standing scenarios is really not a good idea for security and I will add a note to the scenario that it could be played out standing on knees instead. This would lessen any damages from a potential fall.

Not that I think that anyone would actually try this scenario, but I might be wrong and safety is and always should be a first priority.

Remember that all scenarios are for imagination only and could cause damages or death if actually tried for real.

Further discussions on this topic is highly welcome. Speak up if you have any opinions or ideas and are not gagged. :gag:
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

While there is some risk here, I don't think it is that high. Unless you are COMPLETELY lost in subspace, with NO sense of where you are, it is unlikely you would just topple straight over on your face. Your knees would bend and you would instinctively fight for balance or at least to protect your face and head. Chances are you would land on your knees, then maybe fall sideways.

Also, while there are always things that can go wrong, if you are using good rope with good knots, and your bar is properly designed and built, there is little chance of it breaking. (I know, however, from reading many of the posts on here, that there are a lot of people who have no clue about such things!) :roll:
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

ok i know im a little dense,but where is the scenerio that is being descussed here.i have no reference point to follow the discussion.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

It's on the Main Boundanna site, under scenarios.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

tiemeupalso wrote:ok i know im a little dense,but where is the scenerio that is being descussed here.i have no reference point to follow the discussion.
You're not dense at all.
I've asked the same type of question before, as have many others.
The answer is obvious... If you know where to look. :lol: