Slow Response.

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
onestrangeguy

Slow Response.

Post by onestrangeguy »

Maybe it's just me or perhaps my connection. I don't ever remember this site having a slow response time, however it seems that since perhaps last Sunday, at some times like today, the site has been very slow to respond. So slow that I left the window open to load while I visited another site in a second window. I first noticed this when I logged on and read your post about the pending update.
This isn't meant as a complaint, but rather as an FYI thing. :hi:
anna
Site Admin

Re: Slow Response.

Post by anna »

I have noticed this as well. It is our database server that is having a slowdown again. It should hopefully correct itself again soon. I am sorry for the inconvenience it causes.

(Our database server is shared between several users and sometimes one of those uses a bit to much resources causing the server to be overloaded.)
BondageGames

Post by BondageGames »

Whew thanks for clearing it up. I thought it was just me =)
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

Nope, not just you.
The inital Black menu page comes up fast, and the next forum page comes right up then it slows down. It's usualy douring the day that I notice it. Tonight it's doing fine.

Not a problem here. You'll have to think of something a lot better than that to discourage me! :wink:
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

The server's in Europe, so daytime in North America is evening over there - prime time for internet usage. That could explain why it's slow in the daytime.

Jenny.
lj

Post by lj »

but it's slow here during the day, this morning very slow ?
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Maybe one of the other tenants on the server made an "upgrade" to their site... which usually means slower and heavier. :roll:

Jenny.
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

Anna:
Just F.Y.I.
We are dead slow again, and have been for the past 20 minutes.
It's 10:50 PM. Mountain time (GMT - 7) 10/2
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Please be patent if the forum runs slow. It is probably just our database server that has a lot to do. I am sure that that will improve again, it always does.
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

Mine was not intended as a complaint. I expected that response time would improve, and indeed it did. My objective was just to make you (Anna) aware that it was slow at that time.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

anna wrote:(Our database server is shared between several users and sometimes one of those uses a bit to much resources causing the server to be overloaded.)
I think that this is sufficient to explain what is going on. The only way this will improve is if I go visit BA's ISP with some of my... implements of persuasion... :whip: and get them to generously donate a dedicated server for us. :mrgreen:

Otherwise, when there is a slowdown, just be patient. It's pointless to sound the alarm every time it happens.

Jenny.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

onestrangeguy wrote:Mine was not intended as a complaint.
I realize that and my reply was meant more as a reply to all users and not to you specifically. I appreciate when people let me know if something is not running as it should or when things are broken. So thank you for your concern. :D