The story section

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
anna
Site Admin

Re: The story section

Post by anna »

I have done some more testing and it appears that the problem is only if I copy the text from within Open Office. If I copy it from another program such as wordpad or similar it copies correctly when inserted into my html editor.

I guess that solves the problem for now. But thank you all for your advice.

(And I know that my html editor is stone age and produces invalid html but I love it and have never found anything even close to the usability it offers. and so far the pages it produce work without any big issues.)
nitro
Retired Moderator

Post by nitro »

Just curious, what version of OpenOffice are you running?
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

I am using the latest version available. 3.something.something. I like to keep my software up to date.

Everyone: You should all keep your software up to date! :whip: If you do not know how to do it, please ask someone for help.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

anna wrote:
Everyone: You should all keep your software up to date! :whip:.
oooh, but that depends. a couple of proggies just tend to become bloatware, and you are just better off with older versions.
*faster and run more stable*
nitro
Retired Moderator

Post by nitro »

ponylady wrote: oooh, but that depends. a couple of proggies just tend to become bloatware, and you are just better off with older versions.
Yep, newer is not always better. I am still running OS/2 on two of my boxes... (But it is the latest version 8) )
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

ponylady wrote:oooh, but that depends. a couple of proggies just tend to become bloatware, and you are just better off with older versions.
Very, very true. Many softwares go from good to great to worthless through ever growing updates. But many computer users are not informed enough to know what programs should be updated and who should not. Therefore I find it better to give the advice to keep all software up do date unless the user know better.