What's the male/ female split here?

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
Omni314

What's the male/ female split here?

Post by Omni314 »

because I've seen a few post saying "dare for a girl" with zero replies
onestrangeguy

Re: What's the male/ female split here?

Post by onestrangeguy »

There are definitely more male members than female.
On the other hand, in my opinion that particular post is not a good indicator. If I were a female I certainly wouldn't be attracted to respond to it. Nor, apparently, have any of our female members. when I first read that post I didn't expect to see any responses.
MaeElleStrom

Post by MaeElleStrom »

Mm yeah, that post wasn't very tantalizing. Women like to be wooed a bit. Or that's this female's opinion at least.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

There was a poll on this forum a while back, and if I remember correctly, the results were approximately 80% male, 20% female, of those that responded. So I suppose that it would represent the proportion of active members.
MaeElleStrom wrote:Mm yeah, that post wasn't very tantalizing. Women like to be wooed a bit. Or that's this female's opinion at least.
That's pretty much correct. I would compare the invitation to a cheesy pick-up line in a bar. Not subtle - for many of us, that's a turn-off.

Then there are those of us like me who self-indulge on our own (it is a self-bondage forum) most of the time, and inflict blissful discomfort on some lucky/unlucky victim for entertainment purposes... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Jenny.
MaeElleStrom

Post by MaeElleStrom »

bound_jenny wrote:I would compare the invitation to a cheesy pick-up line in a bar. Not subtle - for many of us, that's a turn-off.
Just slightly more enticing than a guy popping up on your IM to chat you up for half a minute before bringing out "Do you want to see a picture of me?" followed by a closeup of their most prized possession poking out of their trousers. OH YEAH, NOW I'M IN THE MOOD. :roll:
bound_jenny wrote:Then there are those of us like me who self-indulge on our own (it is a self-bondage forum) most of the time
There is that. I drawn more to scenarios than dares. Inspiration more than instructions. (In my self-bondage relationship, I'm definitely the top.... :D )