The new forum

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
onestrangeguy

The new forum

Post by onestrangeguy »

Thanks for the recent update.As the saying goes, it's prety much exactly the same, only different. :) The only thing I don't like, and it's a really minor dislike, is the lack of clear separation between individual posts. To my old eyes, they seem to run together much more than the old system. - Overall I like it. :hi:
thedude

Re: The update thread.

Post by thedude »

A style change would fix that... maybe darken the darker blue color it uses for alternate posts. phpBB seems to have downloadable styles, available here. I couldn't find anything where each user could choose their own style from a list, though.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

You can change the appearance in your "User control panel". There are only 2 choices, but I found I can make the forum look more like it used to, which seems easier to view.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

The new appearance does take some getting used to. My first adverse reaction was to the icons on the left of the forum list - until I got "the eye" for it.

It's no different than logging into another forum - they all look different.

However, the some of the more visible downloadable styles, if they are added to the two available in the list, could help some of the more aged peepers.

Jenny.
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

I'm a crotchity old guy, and somewhat dumb! I'm more than willing to go with the new style, in fact, I rather like it. My one minor complaint is the lack of separation between individual posts. Following some of the suggestions above,
I looked into a style change. I followed the link, and was taken to a site with really nice blue lines between the posts. The problem with trying to apply a "Style change" is that I really don't understand it at all, and have no idea specificaly to look for, or how to impliment it.
I also looked in the user control pannel. I found lots of options that I had seen before, but nothing to really change the way the screen looks. What I did find was a lot about my account was handled.
I would be grateful for any new or updayed suggestions. :hi:
MaeElleStrom

Post by MaeElleStrom »

Go to User Control Panel, then click the "Board Preference" tab. Look for the "My board style"--you can change it from the default (prosilver) to subsilver2.
onestrangeguy

The new forum 2

Post by onestrangeguy »

MaeElleStrom wrote:Go to User Control Panel, then click the "Board Preference" tab. Look for the "My board style"--you can change it from the default (prosilver) to subsilver2.
Thanks. That does look better. I guess you can teach an old dog a thing or two. :hi:
anna
Site Admin

Re: The new forum

Post by anna »

I would prefer not to install any more styles. It makes things much more complicated when the forum needs to be updated. Unless of course if there is a really strong need to add another style.