Two ideas...

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
greenfrog9

Two ideas...

Post by greenfrog9 »

from the pond that is my mind

1: real-time chat on the site
2: add a bondage (non-self) section to forums
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

1: A chat have been discussed several times and we have so far decided against adding one. A chat i very temporary in its nature and the information shared there is hard to take part of. It would also "steal" much of the posts that are now posted in the forum making the forum less alive.
If you want to chat with a specific member you could do so by PM (a bit slow perhaps) or using Instant messaging programs such as Skype and similar.

2: There is no rule against posting general bondage material and / or posts in the selfbondage sections of forum as it is. But a special bondage section could and should be added if there are demand for it. (Please let me know if you are reading this and want a bondage subsection.)

Thank you for posting and free to share other ideas if you have them.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I have no objection to posting anything about bondage in general, since it could be applied to self-bondage anyway. Self-bondage is just regular bondage with some special techniques for self-entrapment and self-extraction.

As for the chat, I have posted at least one eloquent commentary about that. A chat box contains volatile, fleeting information. And I agree with Anna that a lot of regular forum posts would be stolen by this, with no record of them ever having existed once the buffer would fill up. Some priceless gems of comments would be forever lost. That would make me very sad, and likely others too.

One must also not forget that the world is round and everyone is in his or her own time zone. Prime chatting time for me would be the back-to-work drive for others, sleeping time for many, and meal time for some. Some people (like me) don't spend hours and hours on line.

A chat box is also very difficult to moderate/monitor. If someone posts a prejudicial or otherwise inappropriate comment, well, you know what happens next. Things that are not desirable in a friendly, close-knit community like ours.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
BondageGames

Re:

Post by BondageGames »

anna wrote:.... a special bondage section could and should be added if there are demand for it. (Please let me know if you are reading this and want a bondage subsection.)
I would love that. But i feel that bondage and SB kinda go together anyways so it could stay the way it is with no problems.
onestrangeguy

Re: Two ideas...

Post by onestrangeguy »

I'd second that.
In my mind bondage is bondage. the self version may take a little more time and skill. Fortunately i laways have my (Imaginary) mistress to do mean things to me! :whip:
anna
Site Admin

Re: Two ideas...

Post by anna »

A bondage category has been added.

Everyone: Please make sure to only use it for subjects or posts that does not fit in the selfbondage categories.