Anna

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
dracae

Post by dracae »

These things might have been true in the past, but now when all switchboards and the corresponding infrastructure is digital, you will not be able to tell if your phone is being tapped or not. The days where you needed to physically hook up another line to tap a phone are over.
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Post by LoRee »

The days where you needed to physically hook up another line to tap a phone are over.
Absolutely. The NSA has a farm of huge satellite dishes some where in the Virginia countryside that regularly monitors 90% of the worlds telephone traffic. It's the few places in the world that still use the old analog type phones which cannot be listened to. :wink:
"I find it far more annoying when the universe makes me work for damnation. I prefer it just gave it to me and save me the effort"
Grinser

Post by Grinser »

I only use voice over IP for the few calls I make, I don`t even have a phone. Guess, Skype is just as easy if not easier to tap, but the only thing to really spy on would be the few times I call a pizza-to-go service ^^
There is a beast inside man that should be exercised, not exorcised.
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Post by LoRee »

Grinser wrote:
. . . the only thing to really spy on would be the few times I call a pizza-to-go service . . .
Funny you should mention that, but according to a BBC world service interview, with the head of U S Homeland Security, I heard the other night, it seems that pizza-to-go services (we call them Pizza Delivery Service here in the States) is the #1 type call monitored. It seems pizza is the preferred snack of Jihadie Terrorist world wide. So remember always order PORK on your pizza delivery. I'd much rather be suspected of being an anti-semitic jerk, than a candidate for all expense paid vacation to Guantanamo (or a vegetarian which we all know is far worse than Al-Qaida) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I find it far more annoying when the universe makes me work for damnation. I prefer it just gave it to me and save me the effort"