This site looks best with your eyes open and 1024*768 with..

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

This site looks best with your eyes open and 1024*768 with..

Post by curious_sb »

This site looks best with "your eyes open and" 1024*768 with 24 bit color.

I only just noticed that at the bottom there on the front page, very funny.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

How many of you actually read the text on the index page? That text you are referring to has actually been there for quite some time now. :wink:

The text might sound rather strange but it is actually quite important. The site will look very poor in smaller screen size than 1024*768 and most drawings on the site uses a 24bit linear gradient background that will look strange with less colours.

Is there anyone here that uses a screen size smaller than 1024*768? :?:
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

I think as monitors and graphics cards increase in performance and the need to have many windows open on one screen the resolution that becomes standard increases, I think now-a-days the standard has increased to 1024 x 768, it wasnt long ago the standard was 800 x 600, although I tried that recently and its just not right anymore.

Does anyone view websites with their eyes closed???? :lol: hahaha
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
Venom

Post by Venom »

i use 1650*1280
clever

Post by clever »

i've got a relatively small monitor, so 1024x768 is as high as it will go. That's fine with me though, any higher and i wouldn't be able to read anything on the screen.
Venom

Post by Venom »

well ive recently bought myself a 20 inch wide screen Samsung tft flatscreen as a "congradulations for getting full marks in 3 computing assignments" present :D
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Post by LoRee »

curious_sb wrote
Does anyone view websites with their eyes closed???? :lol:
Only when I view this site on my commodore 64 :mrgreen:
"I find it far more annoying when the universe makes me work for damnation. I prefer it just gave it to me and save me the effort"
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Venom wrote:well ive recently bought myself a 20 inch wide screen Samsung tft flatscreen as a "congradulations for getting full marks in 3 computing assignments" present :D
Very Nice. Me, I use two 17" CRTs in Dual Screen Mode (but you can only have the browser as wide as one screen), both set at 1024x768.

I'd love a big flat screen tho, or two/ yeah... 8)
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
Venom

Post by Venom »

curious_sb wrote:
Venom wrote:well ive recently bought myself a 20 inch wide screen Samsung tft flatscreen as a "congradulations for getting full marks in 3 computing assignments" present :D
Very Nice. Me, I use two 17" CRTs in Dual Screen Mode (but you can only have the browser as wide as one screen), both set at 1024x768.

I'd love a big flat screen tho, or two/ yeah... 8)

if your in the uk get it off ebuyer.co.uk, only just over £200, quite cheap, considering how good it is

1 stuck pixel, stuck on blue, in the bottom right hand corner, im fixing it as we speak

im mainly a gamer/programmer so i only use this pc to play fps games mainly, and for c++/java coding, so that 1 pixel isnt really a problem :D