Helping Anna Financially

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
Pieter36

Helping Anna Financially

Post by Pieter36 »

I am following this site for e few years now, and I keep loving it.

And I am willing to donate Anna, to support her in the server/webhosting costs and to stimulate her to keep her website updated.

I have a Paypal account.

Would more pleople like it to support Anna by making a voluntary donation?

Is it possible Anna, to make a Paypall donation?

See:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... ro-outside
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

well, of course it is possible.

but 1st anna would have to make a paypal account "for the board"

if you want any info on the cost of running this board, check servage.net,
where this one is hosted to get an idea about the cost of running a board like this one.
Amy_Tenchi

Post by Amy_Tenchi »

If Anna becomes in interested in such a thing, I too wouldn't mind forking over a few dollars as a donation. :D

I want to say another forum I used to use also used the same forum style as this. It was originally free, then became $4.00 US per person for most boards, though unpaid members could post on the entire forum on 12:01 saturday morning to 11.59 Saturday night

If members wanted full privilege, but either were too young to use pay pal/mail a check, didn't have parental permission, or couldn't afford it (I've heard Australian rates were funky with pay pal...would up being about $15 US. Anyone who gave in extra money (say I pay $16.00) paid for their membership, plus $4.00 to 'sponsor' extra people. All a sponsor gets is a little banner that says they sponsored someone. Nothing too special. :wink:

I apologize that everything is in US dollars, Google has a currency translator...just type in "dollars to (insert your currency here)" :wink: :wink:

However, I am happy that we aren't required to pay for the forum and we can still have our fun :lol:
-Missing In Action-
--May or May Not Return--
Pieter36

Post by Pieter36 »

Thanks for your replies.

Well first of all. It wasnt the idea to let people pay to visit the site/forum.
It was just the idea that, if people want to, they can make a donation to help Anna.

It was just an idea to support her, since she is doing a great job running/updating and paying for this website.

The Paypal link was meant for Anna :D

Edit: Just kidding: I think Anna like Euro's more than dollars ATM 8)
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Thank you for your concern. However, I have kept the running costs for boundanna.com and boundanna.net to a minimum and use advertising banners to generate income to cover those costs. There is no need for anyone to pay for anything or to raise funds to secure the survival of this forum or the main site.

Boundanna.com and boundanna.net are a hobby project and is not run to make money. Any surplus actually generated are taxed according to the law.