Here's to the first 15 years. Let's celebrate!

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
kinbaku

Re: Here's to the first 15 years. Let's celebrate!

Post by kinbaku »

bound_jenny wrote:
Shannon SteelSlave wrote:The quinceañera is over, time for the sweet 16. I know exactly where I was at 4:42pm on March 6, 2006. Do you?
In my car, in traffic, on my way home from work.

Jenny.
What a good memory you both have. I don't even remember what I did on February 6, 2022 at 4:42pm. :facepalm:
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

kinbaku wrote:What a good memory you both have. I don't even remember what I did on February 6, 2022 at 4:42pm.
Simple deduction. :idea:

March 6, 2006 was a Monday. Ergo, I was working that day. At that time, I finished work at 4 pm. At 4:42 pm, I was definitely sitting in traffic in my car on my way home. Likely about 80% of the way.

It's not rocket science, just temporal mechanics. :mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

bound_jenny wrote:
kinbaku wrote:What a good memory you both have. I don't even remember what I did on February 6, 2022 at 4:42pm.
Simple deduction. :idea:

March 6, 2006 was a Monday. Ergo, I was working that day. At that time, I finished work at 4 pm. At 4:42 pm, I was definitely sitting in traffic in my car on my way home. Likely about 80% of the way.

It's not rocket science, just temporal mechanics. :mrgreen:

Jenny.
Are you sure you didn't take a day off?
To be present at the first meeting of the BoundAnna forum. :rofl:
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

kinbaku wrote:Are you sure you didn't take a day off?
To be present at the first meeting of the BoundAnna forum.
I only joined on December 9th, 2007. I could not have joined the meeting since I didn't know this loony bin existed yet.

Unless a future time-traveling self went there. :idea: :idea: :idea:

* note to self: fish the time machine kit out of storage and try to work the bugs out of it.

Jenny.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

bound_jenny wrote:
kinbaku wrote:Are you sure you didn't take a day off?
To be present at the first meeting of the BoundAnna forum.
I only joined on December 9th, 2007. I could not have joined the meeting since I didn't know this loony bin existed yet.

Unless a future time-traveling self went there. :idea: :idea: :idea:

* note to self: fish the time machine kit out of storage and try to work the bugs out of it.

Jenny.
Be careful going back in time to advise yourself. It already happened to one Jennifer I know...
images4.jpg
images4.jpg (3.33 KiB) Viewed 2130 times
images2.jpg
images2.jpg (2.98 KiB) Viewed 2130 times
images.jpg
images.jpg (3.83 KiB) Viewed 2130 times
I hope thetre is someone to keep you from falling out the front door.
Hooray, we're celebrating!
c.jpg
c.jpg (5.94 KiB) Viewed 2130 times
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Hooray, we're celebrating!
c.jpg
On to the next years...
So to the bigger party after 10 years: the silver jubilee, but of course we will not forget to celebrate the intervening years. 8)
hogfan-sub

Post by hogfan-sub »

I just wanted to add my voice to this thread. The point in time I really connected with this site was oddly enough, during a time that I was away from it. I hit one of those horrible "kink-purging" cycles and rashly decided that leaving the site would help. What actually happened, was that over time I found myself not only missing the forum (who wouldn't?), but more importantly missing the interaction with so many people who are not only at peace with their kinky selves but actively celebrate it. I came back and immediately felt "at home" as I still do!
I love the humour.
I love the advice.
I love learning from the experience of others.
I love sharing other people's stories and escapades.
The list could go on, but suffice to say.....Thank you, BoundAnna, one and all! Thank you for helping me to truly embrace my kinky self....I dedicate every wrap of my ropes to you all, especially the founders and moderators....you are a collective inspiration!

So, a very Happy Christmas and a peaceful, prosperous and above all kinky New Year to you all, you lovely people :love:
"There is something comforting about being tied up" (Madonna).....Oh how I agree!!

"I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission." (HAL 9000)
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I totally get your meaning. My original reason for signing up was that I would be living alone for the 1st time, and decided to make it a requirement to have membership in a self bondage discussion group a condition if I was going to continue to fool around with a potentially dangerous activity with no one around to rescue me.I would give myself a B+ for safe practices if this were a graded subject. I stay for the social interaction, and continue to learn safety.
The thanks for creating the forum certainly goes to Anna, no argument there. I don't mind someone posting thanks to the staff, as moderating is a generally thankless job. But for building the forum, far more credit belongs to the members. We seldom get unruly members, as the major majority are well behaved, and seem to "self moderate" before posting.
I think my point is, I don't believe you should value moderator's posts above members, unless the moderators are speaking with the moderator voice. I certainly don't think I am the most experienced practitioner of bondage, and many people posting with a blue name have posts that carry more substance.
Thanks for the post Hogfan.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Exactly as Shannon wrote.

A thought just went through my brain, as I read Shannon's post - we're not social media, we're sociable media.

Think of it, with all our active members participating, we have so little animosity among us. We don't just share our kink, we share our humanity. Had we followed the general atmosphere of the "big tech" social media, this place would have blown up a long time ago.

Bound Anna is a place where we care about our fellow kinksters. We take deep interest in their safety, health and happiness. We're a kind of family. Just like any family, we have all sorts of personalities ranging from grounded model citizens, to the crazy uncle that no one wants to admit is a part of the family (but go to him for advice every chance they get...), to the protective moms watching over their brood. We stick together despite the differences.

Let's celebrate Christmas as the family we are. To all of you, a very Merry Christmas. You all are the gift to this forum. :love:

Jenny.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Amen to that all, Hogfan-sub, Shannon and Jenny! :love:
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

A nice sentiment expressed above. I don't think of this site as a sex site, it is more of a social thing for sharing and caring.
I don't follow any social media site, I don't use a smart phone and I don't have much time to surf the net and I know when I've been away for life commit reasons I miss this place and it is the only site I actually feel a part of, perhaps because it is the only place that tolerates my rubbish attempts to be humorous but mainly because of the follow members :love: .
That is the first time I have ever used that emoji.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

bounddosster wrote: it is the only place that tolerates my rubbish attempts to be humorous
Your rubbish smells pretty humorous to me. That's darn good rubbish in my book. 8)

Keep us smiling!

Jenny.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

bound_jenny wrote:
bounddosster wrote: it is the only place that tolerates my rubbish attempts to be humorous
Your rubbish smells pretty humorous to me. That's darn good rubbish in my book. 8)

Keep us smiling!

Jenny.
Why, Thank you Jenny. :D
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.