Trying to save Private Messages on my computer offline

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
Shannon SteelSlave

Trying to save Private Messages on my computer offline

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I have been able to export messages to save on my computer, but they are kind of hard to read, and I end up with duplicate words. (Saving messages as "from" and some as "sent" saves both sides of the conversation) And of course, I end up with all kinds of extra lines of code for font, address labels, ect.
What I am asking of you fine people, if anyone knows, is there a way to save and be able to easily read (maybe with a decoder program of some sort) my past private messages? I consider nearly every one of them to be well written and worthy of saving, as many are inspirational and encouraging as they are written specifically to me. If no one has an answer, I can continue what I have been doing, but reading them may be a huge chore. Thanks and :hi: Shan'
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
cdinbonds

Re: Trying to save Private Messages on my computer offline

Post by cdinbonds »

Copy and paste to a word processing program. Maybe not as easy as just a "save to", but pretty much foolproof. (I know, there's no such thing as fool proof because fools are so damn ingenious!)
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Is it possible that an XML reader could make my saved files more legible? Is CSV a better save format?
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Is it possible that an XML reader could make my saved files more legible? Is CSV a better save format?
CSV is Comma Separated Variables - fine if you're exporting/importing numbers, but since we write text, most of us with punctuation (including commas!), reading that with something like Excel's CSV import will make a rather big mess... I tried... :shock: (just count the commas in this paragraph alone! :lol: )

At least XML, with its defined fields not to be confused with message text, would make the task easier.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!