What do you do for a living?

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.

What is your occupation?

Driver
4%
Plumbing
No votes
Computers
27%
Electrician
No votes
Financial
No votes
Carpenter
4%
Medical
No votes
Automotive
No votes
Sales
8%
Other
58%

Total votes: 26

kinbaku

Re: What do you do for a living?

Post by kinbaku »

wayne wrote:... When I'm helping others I alway do my best to please everyone
but There's always someone who doesn't appreasiate what I do for them.
I have noticed in my life that doing good for everyone is an impossible task. There are always people who will disagree.
But rather see it as their problem and don't worry too much about it.
Look at what you like to do yourself, are good at and try to find a job that you enjoy doing. Of course there must be food on the table, but it is also important that you are happy in your life.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

kinbaku wrote:I have noticed in my life that doing good for everyone is an impossible task. There are always people who will disagree.
But rather see it as their problem and don't worry too much about it.
Look at what you like to do yourself, are good at and try to find a job that you enjoy doing. Of course, there must be food on the table, but it is also important that you are happy in your life.
So true, Whenever someone said to me what do think I should do for a job I always say do what you enjoy and what makes you happy. I learnt the hard way and spent a good few years doing a job that was OK, By OK, I mean it put food on the table and a roof over my head and to start with I didn't dread going to work in the mornings but various take overs and management changes made it intolerable but like a fool, I stuck with it much to the debarment of my mental health. It took another person to show me what that job was doing to me then came one of the best days of my life when I told them to shove it where the sun don't shine and despite their counteroffers of more money, promotion and praise at how good I did my job blah blah blah... I still left.

The company doesn't exist anymore but I do.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

bounddosster wrote:The company doesn't exist anymore but I do.
That's a very wise attitude. I like that.

I was once told I wasn't indispensable to the company (long ago).

I answered that the company wasn't indispensable for me either. That comment was met by an expression like this :shock:

Two weeks later, I found another, better paying job, closer to home, better conditions, and where my experience and style were welcomed.

The former employer shoved it.

I've been happy ever since (as a "zookeeper"). 8)

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

bound_jenny wrote:I've been happy ever since (as a "zookeeper"). 8)

Jenny.
Should I then put on my monkey costume and have it sewn up so that I can't take it off again, and have me sent to your zoo to receive your treatment? :rofl:

If you do something you enjoy doing, you get good at it and you get even better as a result. Snowball effect!
I advise children to study what they like to do and not to see what is available as a job at the time. That may change once they graduate and that job that existed before then may be gone. Even for a not-so-general job, if you're good at it, your enthusiasm can convince an employer to hire you.