Slow response

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
JIMDINI

Slow response

Post by JIMDINI »

Has anybody else found the site is very slow and pages are hanging and not loading?
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
Gregovic

Re: Slow response

Post by Gregovic »

It happens from time to time. Seems like there might be a DDOS attack running or something. Be patient, I'm sure Sir C is mobilising the hamster army, Ponylady is getting her whip ready and BoundAnna is preparing the attack plan.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

it took me 3 tries to get the page up earlier
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

It does happen from time to time. If there's a buttload of traffic on the 'net, it will slow down anything. Or the server hosting BA just had a bad hangover... It could also be that Ponylady was downloading a lot of "inspirational" material... :mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

bound_jenny wrote:It could also be that Ponylady was downloading a lot of "inspirational" material... :mrgreen:
wasn't me. i only downloaded 3% of the internet yesterday.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :idea:
[
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

There are still quite a bit slowdowns here.. But I notice that once the page loads, I have quite a bit of speed for a while. This makes it sound like its a DNS issue on the server, rather than a DDoS attack of any kind.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Is anyone else having problems with slow response again or is it a problem this end. It works OK for a few minutes, then either it is very slow or I can't get the page at all.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Yeah, it's been happening to me, at random, no particular time of day. Sometimes, I get "connection reset", or "server error" messages. Not complaining at all here, just letting you know, it's not your computer/connection, Keyless.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Same here. 503 errors, really really slow response and page load times, or just plain nothing. Main site is OK, though, so it must be just the forum part. The slowest happens right after I log in.

Going to try again daily, and get active again after this clears up.

Talk about curses... power failures (it dropped again yesterday just as I put my cup down for coffee), forum snarls, and I think my phone has the flu. Ugh. :facepalm:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Thanks folks. On one hand I'm pleased it's not another computer problem here, on the other, I hope it sorts itself out before people start to lose interest in this great forum. It's taking several minutes per page here at the moment. I'll try and post this, but I'm afraid you may not get to read it.
sweh

Post by sweh »

bound_jenny wrote:Main site is OK, though, so it must be just the forum part.
FWIW, I did see the main site also stop loading for a while as well. But only the once!
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Thanks folks. I'm glad it's not another computer problem this end. On the other hand I hope it clears up before it turns people away from this great forum. It seems to be working at the moment, so I'll post this quickly and hope its OK.
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

Yes, Response times seem very slow. Got a message 'Server is offline or undergoing maintenance at one point! Let's hope it only heavy traffic and nothing serious.
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

For me the forums are sometimes very slow on my phone. When browsing with my desktop I've never really encountered issues (and that's on the same network). I really don't know what to make of that. :?
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Slave_L wrote:Is anyone else having problems with slow response again or is it a problem this end.
It looks like the database server is having issues. I hope it gets sorted and never appear again.
A glass of water longing for the ocean.