I don't understand

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
Shark

I don't understand

Post by Shark »

:? :? how is rope hanger extreme? Please tell me.
Last edited by Shark on 28 Oct 2008, 23:11, edited 1 time in total.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

just to correct you its rope hanger and second its extreme because you could hurt your self quite seriously
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

well... of course....
any time you hang something on hope, you're gona get hurt... :)
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
bound_jenny

Re: I don't understand

Post by bound_jenny »

Shark wrote::? :? how is hope hanger extreme? Please tell me.
Look at the engineering details... How do you get out of that without help? You obviously and absolutely have to have someone to cut you down safely. Unless you have padlocks holding your wrists together and to the suspension rope/chain, with a totally reliable key delivery system right into your hands.

Once committed, there is no way to reach the stirrups from that position, so there is no relief of any kind until the release comes.

Up to here, that's the least of your worries.

Here it gets really fun: the entire weight of the victim is on her bound wrists and ankles, and a little on her knees, enough for balance. Though the ankles might not be a problem if she is wearing boots (which would spread out the weight and pressure), and unless she's wearing wrist cuffs, blood circulation can and almost certainly will be cut off, rendering her hands useless even if she had a release mechanism.

Her shoulder joints would become very sore from the pull of her weight, and possibly unusable after a time, rendering a safe self-release nearly impossible.

Oh, I looked at it and got a little (well, maybe a bit more) moist thinking about the deliciously painful predicament it would inflict on me, but I started looking at the engineering details, and that's when my enthusiasm literally dried up.

Extreme scenarios can be defined by the following: if just one little tiny thing goes just a little bit wrong, you're screwed, and not in a good way. You're either dead, maimed, in for a very bad time until your safety person shows up, or a combination of the above.

It would be very stupid to try this without someone nearby who can intervene immediately in case of a problem.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

I thought that this scenario was extreme because of several reasons, much like what Jenny wrote above.
The extreme section was introduced because I kept receiving more and more extreme scenarios that I did not feel good about putting on the site because they was in my opinion extremely dangerous. But on the other hand I did not want to keep them from you. The compromise was the extreme section. You are allowed to view the scenarios but no instructions will be given and you are warned that the scenarios are extremely dangerous and trying them could be lethal.

(This does not in any way imply that the scenarios in other sections are less dangerous. Please play safe!)
davisev5225

Post by davisev5225 »

I actually do something very similar to ropehanger all the time. I just add a crotch rope and a chest rope for added support, and make sure there is a chair nearby that I can swing onto when my wrists start to hurt. Also, I hang a lot more horizontal than the picture shows.

I would consider it to be extreme, though, and therefore support it's categorization as-is. My method is slightly safer, but I would still not recommend it to anyone, as I figured it out from a lot of bad ideas that were poorly executed (READ: pinched nerves).
Bound&Helpless

Post by Bound&Helpless »

if suspension is introduced into SB in any way, shape or form, then to me is highly dangerous and should not be attempted
Shark

Post by Shark »

Thanks now I get it :) :) :)
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Good for you Shark.

No "hanging around" :lol:
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

As a moderator I'd like to back - up what Anna said and just quote something from the front page.
Boundanna Disclaimer wrote:The pictures, tips and scenarios on this page is only for imagination, do not try
them for real! I will not take responsibility for what happens if you
should try it. Some of these tips could be deadly.
Do not kill yourself!
...and...
Scenarios Disclaimer wrote:Please remember, these scenarios are only a fantasy, trying them for real could result in death.
..and if that wasn't enough warning...
Ropehanger Scenario Disclaimer wrote:Warning! This scenario might contain activities that might not be suitable in selfbondage. Please play safe.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
lycra_x

Thanks for the clarification

Post by lycra_x »

This looked like a fun scenario so I started to pull it together. However I couldn't work out how anyone could get out of it. Thanks for pointing out that you can't!
bound_jenny

Re: Thanks for the clarification

Post by bound_jenny »

lycra_x wrote:This looked like a fun scenario so I started to pull it together. However I couldn't work out how anyone could get out of it. Thanks for pointing out that you can't!
Never underestimate the potential danger of a scenario, especially if it is classified as heavy or extreme. Even if it looks fun or relatively innocuous, any of the scenarios can have unexpected physiological or psychological side effects that render you unable to release yourself, or cause harm.

Just remember one thing: in any scenario, especially the extreme ones, if just one thing goes just a little bit wrong, you're screwed.

Also, some of the extreme ones are just physically impossible.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!