Unsure what this means

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
SUFFOLKGW

Unsure what this means

Post by SUFFOLKGW »

Why am I seeing this at the bottom of the screen when I have signed in, and why don't I have permission?

Mel
Attachments
Capture.JPG
KinkInSpace

Re: Unsure what this means

Post by KinkInSpace »

This is a message all users get if you click a category.

With this forumsoftware, a category is basically like a forum set in invis mode, and all forums under that category are actually subforums.

Although you can actually click a category, you're not actually supposed to, and as such you'd never see that message.

The subforums are of course not in this invis mode, but technically a moderator could move a topic to a category, and it would vanish to normal people, but moderators would still be able to see it, although I do believe that at some point this action was patched out as it was confusing that staff would see posts, but users would not.

I would not have known the answer to this if I had not administrated a few phpBB forums myself long time ago.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

The only thing that is a place holder for is another link for "Active Topics". It indexes all sticky topics from those categories, followed by most recently active.
Capture.JPG
No big deal. Anytime you need some transparency, just ask.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
SUFFOLKGW

Post by SUFFOLKGW »

OK, thank you guys... Appreciated.