SQL errors all over

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
TheBouncer

SQL errors all over

Post by TheBouncer »

As title says. When replying I’m getting errors all over the place that were not there a day or two ago.

Anyone else running into errors?
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: SQL errors all over

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

It has been smooth sailing here for the past week.
From our hosting service status webpage:
Operational status
Some systems are experiencing issues
Active Incident
Issues with websites
Description:

We are currently experiencing an outage that affects some of our customers in the form of e-mails and websites not working properly. We are troubleshooting this and will update the status as soon as we know more.
Updated 4 days, 15 hours ago
Status changed from Watching Investigating
New information:

We are seeing increased load times affecting some customer websites currently and we are investigating the source of the problem.
Updated 1 week, 1 day ago
Status changed from Identified Watching
New information:

The root-cause has been resolved and all services are operational again. We will keep monitoring to ensure no further disruptions.

It looks like you are on a mobile device. Is the browser experiencing disruptions?
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
TheBouncer

Post by TheBouncer »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:It has been smooth sailing here for the past week.
From our hosting service status webpage:
Operational status
Some systems are experiencing issues
Active Incident
Issues with websites
Description:

We are currently experiencing an outage that affects some of our customers in the form of e-mails and websites not working properly. We are troubleshooting this and will update the status as soon as we know more.
Updated 4 days, 15 hours ago
Status changed from Watching Investigating
New information:

We are seeing increased load times affecting some customer websites currently and we are investigating the source of the problem.
Updated 1 week, 1 day ago
Status changed from Identified Watching
New information:

The root-cause has been resolved and all services are operational again. We will keep monitoring to ensure no further disruptions.

It looks like you are on a mobile device. Is the browser experiencing disruptions?

I am on mobile. But no disruptions. Just that error pic in my post. I’m almost thinking it’s what happens when you see a new post as a new member and reply but already have one pending in the same thread already…..that could possibly be it lol.
Shannon SteelSlave

That message would say that you have successfully posted, but it must be approved by a moderator before it will be publicly viewable. As a full member now, you shouldn't see that again, unless you post to Reviews.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
TheBouncer

Post by TheBouncer »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:That message would say that you have successfully posted, but it must be approved by a moderator before it will be publicly viewable. As a full member now, you shouldn't see that again, unless you post to Reviews.

I think these errors were occurring prior. I’ll keep a look out if they pop again.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

No, it is far more likely that the database for moderation log etc is corrupt and needs a repair command. The rest works but only for new members it goes wrong, suggesting a Database overhead/corruption issue that is easily fixable.

So in this case, an admin needs to perform SQL database maintenance.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
TheBouncer

Post by TheBouncer »

KinkInSpace wrote:No, it is far more likely that the database for moderation log etc is corrupt and needs a repair command. The rest works but only for new members it goes wrong, suggesting a Database overhead/corruption issue that is easily fixable.

Yes, there’s a lot of topics I cannot reply to due to the error.

Edit: omg, I figured it out. The forum doesn’t convert emojis to code so it freaks out.

Big FYI if anyone uses mobile.
Last edited by TheBouncer on 18 Oct 2021, 23:52, edited 1 time in total.
Shannon SteelSlave

TheBouncer wrote:
KinkInSpace wrote:No, it is far more likely that the database for moderation log etc is corrupt and needs a repair command. The rest works but only for new members it goes wrong, suggesting a Database overhead/corruption issue that is easily fixable.

Edit: omg, I figured it out. The forum doesn’t convert emojis to code so it freaks out.

So are you good now, no need for me to raise an alarm?
👠👠
TheBouncer

Post by TheBouncer »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:
TheBouncer wrote:

So are you good now, no need for me to raise an alarm?
We seem to be ok, just look into how to make emojis work correctly LOL
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

TheBouncer wrote:
We seem to be ok, just look into how to make emojis work correctly LOL
Sorry, but anna likes sticking to a basic phpbbs-implementation, to avoid any hassle when updating the board.

and the avaiable extensions for emoji-support aren't really plug'n'play-solutions
[
Shannon SteelSlave

Yeah, no, we're not going anywhere with this. Old school is what we likes. "Hot funk, cool punk, even if it's old junk
It's still rock and roll to me."
We have resolved this issue through Private Message.
👠👠