AI and what it means to kink

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

Jadit

Re: AI and what it means to kink

Post by Jadit »

I follow science news in the field, i think this was of importance:
http://www.technologyreview.com/view/54 ... e=facebook

You know how recent AI approaches actually need hundreds of neurons to do what this single one could do. In essence, nobody even knows yet how to program machine so that it reminds of humans. But people are really working on it, and they will eventually get there.

Also noone can really tell what AI will be able to do only based on machine algorithms we have right now. It is a very fast growing field, i would expect big surprises coming in a timeframe shorter than what general populaze believes. Theory for AI sure started even before computers and many gave up on it, but this time it's different.
FatherOfFour

Post by FatherOfFour »

I agree with You, and the gap between lab-coats and [poor] civilians will be deeper and wider.

Indeed, some major applications will come from it (one of the first was the trivial thermostat: by fitting neural learning network, it adapts to the heated mass, minimizing ripple). I've experimented with neurons since OpAmps days...

As i said before: http://forum.boundanna.net/board/postin ... c6#pr70412 I love people, but I don't trust them, and I understand and work all day long with machines...
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

Machines are really good for repetitive tasks.
They don't get tired, they are quite hard to distract and they can be made very precise.

But the moment you change the settings and have to evaluate and act accordingly, even a cockroach is "smarter" than most contemporary machines.

"It will be a long time before artificial intelligence beats natural stupidity"
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
FatherOfFour

Post by FatherOfFour »

Hats Off, SirC!
(no appropriate smiley around)

I have to change my bibliography: never found that paper, not even during my doctorate...
I didn't thought that The West is leading with more than a length The East, but this is [another] proof!

I myself see machines as complementary to people: I could never SQL properly, nor CNC relentless...
And AI has it's place: wrote about the adaptive thermostat based on "neurons", also, take the simplest machine: the steam engine (You need to adapt, to "know" it to proper operate it...)

...remember a joke about the newest shaving robot booth: when reporters asked the inventor how did he coped with different physiognomy, he responded: at first will have some glitches, till we'll all look alike...
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Sir Cumference wrote:"It will be a long time before artificial intelligence beats natural stupidity"
:rofl:

It's funny because it's so true... 8)

@FatherOfFour:

Maybe this one Image might do, in lieu of hat removal.

If a hat is needed, this one could do but removal is not included: Image

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
FatherOfFour

Post by FatherOfFour »

Yes indeed, SirC deserves some bows...
Unfortunately the pain in my knee prevents me from doing it properly...

I will use my long-sword as a staff, one foot behind the other, knees little flexed and my hat's feathers sweeping the floor while saluting him...
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Here's another AI challenge - developing a sense of humor.

Just a look at some of the zanier members around here (present company included), and I can't even begin to imagine some form of machine intelligence developing the kind of often twisted humor that can be expressed in the forum here. Some of the thread hijacks are legendary - most are hijacked by the moderators to boot. And what would an AI system find funny? It would be like telling a joke to Mr Spock.

So can a machine be amused? Can it have fun? Would it laugh at a joke, even if it's told in binary?

From my experience alone, a machine must have some sense of humor if it were used in a BDSM context. Or any human interaction context for that matter.

Jenny.
FatherOfFour

Post by FatherOfFour »

He he...
Be careful what You ask for:
remember Interstellar? If it were for AI to have humor sense, we would "moderate" it!

I like machines, they are reliable, and there are areas no one could beat (pun intended) them:
- motion detection (simplest "AI")
- adaptive networks (for adapting to dynamic systems: i.e. vibrator with _maximum_ transfer of energy, or PLL looped for resonance with body)
- "learning" algorithms (many kinky uses)
- database hyper-cubes (OLAP) for complex statistical analyses (picture slide-show, girth meter (arousal meter), etc and other self-discovering applications)
... and so on

No, I don't expect my machines to joke with me:
- I joke with my peers
- When I make a joke in front of some less witty human, he might not get it, but feel mocked: good way to start a fight...
- I joke with my family (24/7/365): my youngest son double check _every_ affirmation I make...
- And last but no least, I try to find keen souls, which I can joke freely with/about/self (i.e. here!)
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

The robits are reading my posts, usually right after I write them. You may one day be reading odd posts in random locations from exabot, majestic-12, or even google [bot] and be all like, "What happened to Shannon"? (Unless they take my name too)
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

FatherOfFour wrote:He he...
Be careful what You ask for:
remember Interstellar? If it were for AI to have humor sense, we would "moderate" it!

I like machines, they are reliable, and there are areas no one could beat (pun intended) them:
- motion detection (simplest "AI")
- adaptive networks (for adapting to dynamic systems: i.e. vibrator with _maximum_ transfer of energy, or PLL looped for resonance with body)
- "learning" algorithms (many kinky uses)
- database hyper-cubes (OLAP) for complex statistical analyses (picture slide-show, girth meter (arousal meter), etc and other self-discovering applications)
... and so on

No, I don't expect my machines to joke with me:
- I joke with my peers
- When I make a joke in front of some less witty human, he might not get it, but feel mocked: good way to start a fight...
- I joke with my family (24/7/365): my youngest son double check _every_ affirmation I make...
- And last but no least, I try to find keen souls, which I can joke freely with/about/self (i.e. here!)
And HAL 9000 in 2001: A Space Odyssey. A computer not to joke with.
But now there is Sophia from Hanson Robotics who can make jokes and this year will multiply into 1000 robots. (Would all 1000 have the same human rights as Sophia?)
All connected via the singularity network. If you have a quarrel with one, you will immediately have a quarrel with a thousand. :rofl:
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

A solution to evil computer problems (unless you use the Kirk method to convince it to self-destruct):
unplug.jpg
No juice, no problems. :mrgreen:

Jenny.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

bound_jenny wrote:A solution to evil computer problems (unless you use the Kirk method to convince it to self-destruct):
unplug.jpg
No juice, no problems. :mrgreen:

Jenny.
But Sophia has a battery and has recently acquired hands to keep you away from her.
Women always win! :cry: :rofl:
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

kinbaku wrote:Women always win!
Nice that you've come around to the truth!

:mrgreen:

Jenny