Sequence time-lock

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

Jadit

Sequence time-lock

Post by Jadit »

This is a small program that is mainly focused for 5 number combination padlocks. The program works well with 1 to 8 numbers or characters, however during the lockdown time the application is showing random 5 number sequences to try to mess with your mind... To make you forget it :P (and successful for me at that...)
Program remembers always 5 keys. Adding new key will remove oldest one off the list.

The program ticks only when it is on. If you shut it down and restart it will start as locked and continue the timer where it left. If i had used computer time you could simply change the time and cheat. Also took cheating into account so any attempt to modify the config file will cause the config file itself to be read wrong when run. It is tightly encrypted and without hacking into memory with special tools cheating is not possible. I made everything in my power to make the program as safe as possible, but so that i cannot cheat it even if i wanted to. Make sure you type right, just try not to look at the combination too long or you'll remember it...

Program includes 1 background picture but you can replace main.jpg with another and select another directory to show random pictures while locked.

Software here, includes full Lazarus source code so you can see for yourself that it contains no viruses, or just compile it yourself. It also includes a random crypt-key generator: (Compiled for Windows7, 32bit, but might work with many more... test well)
- Small feint circle top-right corner if you remember the key and want to reset the timer.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/69kowq9ul0j0mx7/TimeLock.zip
(Updated 1.5.2011)

There will also be small feint circle top-right corner if you remember the key and want to reset the timer.

Again... if you set timer to 12 hours, shut down computer and go to work. Then later wonder why timer shows still 12 hours it's because it only ticks when program's running (can be minimized).

If you lock your hands away from computer make sure no power saving modes or screensaver is running! And no blindhoods...
Attachments
screenshot1.jpg
Last edited by Jadit on 12 Apr 2020, 11:38, edited 9 times in total.
Dark_Lizerd

Re: Sequence time-lock

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

OK, it seems to run on Vista 32...
I like your choice of backgrounds.
But I have a few questions...
1) how do you minimize the program, all I see is the close "X"?
2) Looks like it was written in pascal... (OK, so that was not exactly an question)
3) could you have the program point to a directory and pull random pictures from there?
3a) or have a file with a picture list, and select a new one on each run? or as a slide show while running?
4) change the text boxes to combo boxes with the values preloaded.
4a) Or set-up with 2 time entry boxes, for a min-max arrangement and the actual time is somewhere in between?
And for the displayed count-down timer, have a show/hide option on the time entry screen, but not accessible after the time starts.
4b) if you use min/max, have the timer count down to 0 at min time, then start showing negative time (counts up) until random time is reached.
5) on the displayed "combo key" change faster (IE: 1 sec tick) and change 1 digit randomly. IE:
1 dig change scrolling
12345 12345
17345 23459
17495 34594
27495 45941
27695 59410
21695 94102
... ...
(OK, so those are just bells... )
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

So much suggestions, but its nice. I could make a small config button that opens panel for more config options. Config options will save in separate ini file. I'll propably have to name combos.dat into combos1.1.dat for new version so your old keys won't be lost, as the old keyfile will never be compatible with new program versions. I always regenerate the crypt keys so that i can't hack my own files. Even the first release version's KeyUnit.pas contains different crypt keys than the executable. You should use different folders for different versions or lock scenarios.

1) At least for me if i click the taskbar button of program it hide/show. I can add minimize button but it may make the titlebar of program a little thicker. Window could be sizeable too i guess. But do notice when resizing the window that the lock panel may move. I might have to do something to prevent it going off the borders.
2) Yeh, free pascal. Anyone can download latest version from http://www.hu.freepascal.org/lazarus/ and it should compile just like that. No libraries or anything used.
3) I can make a configurable path for images that searches for pictures of varying formats. There can be a time delay option for changing pics. But musics/sounds you can provide on your own, haha. Or you could play some video in the background.
4) You mean the timers i assume. I didn't first think of making slider that would show 60 values, but i'll see if there are other options or do that. For min/max i think enough would be 1 selection dropdown that sets -120..120 minutes. I will make the current 24h max time selectable in config window too.
5) If it change too fast you may not have time to think about the number and burn it in the mind. I made it change color every 5 sec and number per 10, it could be 2,4 or so. I like the idea of changing 1 number at the time.

I have to test with Linux some point, i see no reason this wouldn't work on all OS, even if it's through wine. But this keeps me busy for a while :idea:

Guess i'll do a proper version handling too which will simply not let you override configs with old keys and instruct you on what to do. Structuring the folders little different too, keeping the source and application separate. And now on releasing versions always with same crypting.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

OK, whistle #1 (you already got the bell)
How about this...
Screen.jpg
Screen.jpg (13.87 KiB) Viewed 25709 times
add thumbwheels to each digit?
add time in 10 hr, 1 hr, 10 minute, 1 minute, 10 sec, or 1 sec...

Yea, a dropdown of 60 entries is too much, but 6 of 10 minutes is ok, or 4 of 15 minutes...

I do VB myself, easer I think... but actually, what ever you are use to is easiest...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

*snip*

There should be everything done i wrote above but i have to test more tomorrow before i'll let it go public. Will clean the first post when ready :wink: Much of the warning stuff i wrote before is becoming nullified. There are more safety checks etc to prevent that.

1 feature i'll still add: Shuffle for picture switcher.
Last edited by Jadit on 31 Oct 2010, 00:40, edited 1 time in total.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

You're getting there...
Keep up the good work...
The next ver. sounds good...
"0:5:0 - 0:25:0" Min/ max time???
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

There it is now, updated first post. Many new stuff and its made cleaner.

Just 1 thing to mention... I said earlier that i wouldn't be able to open it even if i wanted to, it doesn't apply to public version now. It is very easy to open the key off a locked program if you can compile and run the program (simply change TestMode to be always on and it'll let you reset the timer with doubleclick). Reason to this is version compatibility. I rather use same crypting with all release versions so that your config files will always be compatible. In other scenario you would not be able to use old version's config file but nobody could open it.

What do you think about it? Would you rather want a unique key version that nobody can open, with above mentioned risk known? I wouldn't want to be your locksmith though if something goes wrong :P
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

Update again with new background and a little smoother looking moving for frames. You can overwrite old version with this.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Hey... The Lizerd likes!!!
One (or 2) suggestions...
You could (or should) start with the newest code and and change the numbers from there.
IE: 3 digit code, randomize 3 digit numbers...
for a 8 digit code (wouldn't wanta try and guess that one!!!) randomize 8 digits...
that way, it could be showing the correct code at some time...

And for #2, the real fuck with your mind one...
when the program starts, it runs a random number, IE: 1 in 10, if #=1 then....
show a picture of the white faced character from Saw...
with the text... "I want to play a game..."
a sound file and or video would be best, but...

No slide show, and have the random code still run...
This section would be a test and feed back run...

Display the countdown timer like it is stuck... same number, tick down 1, then tick up one...
50.... 49....50....49....50....49.... (and so on...) ( 1 sec, count down, 'tick', 1/4 sec, 'tick' up...) kinda like the counter is resetting...)

have the program ask questions like...
what was the displayed code, 3 ago?
If correct timer ticks down 5 sec, and ask next question... (or some random time or preset like 1 minute...)
If wrong, timer ticks up 5 sec, and ask next question...(or some random time or preset like 1 minute...)
This continues until timer ticks down to "0" and shows correct code...
and the program exits normally...

(or this could be just a "mess with you" and the program exits when it "Really" counts down to "0"...)
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

Dark_Lizerd wrote:You could (or should) start with the newest code and and change the numbers from there.
IE: 3 digit code, randomize 3 digit numbers...
for a 8 digit code (wouldn't wanta try and guess that one!!!) randomize 8 digits...
that way, it could be showing the correct code at some time...
This is done in current version. If last key is 4 letters long, the randomized numbers length is also 4.
However this only means numbers. If you need a fix for a fancy lock that uses letters A..Z let me know. And do they even go to Z or stop earlier?

Also noticed and fixed 1 reading error that appeared if compiling the source with different key and using old combos.dat.

Oh, regarding the "Scare me" thing, you can add such in your own list of images :twisted:
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

Just had a little fail session myself that needed program update. First off my 4 number combination lock is so fragile i could just pull it open to get myself free, secondly i had accidentally set 50 hours instead of 50 mins although the options max-cap reduced it to 24h. Thirdly i didn't want to wait 24 hours so i hacked the timelock with CheatEngine memory editor and manually reduced the time left. This all had to change so...

I uploaded new version in the first post with these changes:
- Hacking proof. If you edit the time in memory, as punishment it will recall the time it had left when the application started or "Lock" was pressed. It is carefully hashed so even i can't edit it anymore, tried. (However the actual key may be in memory as clear text. Good luck finding it through millions of bytes though)
- If you enter time that is more than 3 hours, it will ask you to confirm the lock when you press the button. You can't accidentally enter too long time.
- Default max time reduced to 18 hours, but you can still change it in options.
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

There was an access violation bug with number ticker, only when lock string was 8 characters long. It wasn't overly dangerous (as in the combination was safe and the timer went on) but it is fixed now.

Combination to my new lock is 32 characters :) That occupies 4 rows out of the list. it's called Master lock One. Pad in the middle allowing movement to up/down/left/right with combination of your choosing. It claims to support up to 90 moves.
jfcube

Post by jfcube »

Hi there, I have tried to download your software, but the links to Mediafire are not valid any more.
Can you provide a new link?
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

jfcube wrote:Hi there, I have tried to download your software, but the links to Mediafire are not valid any more.
Can you provide a new link?
Try this dropbox link https://www.dropbox.com/s/69kowq9ul0j0mx7/TimeLock.zip
I just added it to first post aswell.
jfcube

Post by jfcube »

Fantastic, thank you!