VR Prison dilemma game

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

kinbaku

Re: VR Prison dilemma game

Post by kinbaku »

illuminating wrote:
whomadeangus wrote:
illuminating wrote:I once wrote a program like that. (without the VR part that is)
The program chooses a (blind) random time to count down. (between preset min & max)
The program has only one button.
If you press it after the countdown has ended it opens the CD-tray, releasing the key.
If you press it before the countdown has ended the timer resets.

An alternative setup is when the timer is visible and counting down (in one or two minutes)
from the absolute maximum lockdown time you think you might be able to handle, to the minimum time you want to be locked down.
You can press the button once the timer gets to a lockdown time you know you will be able to handle.
But if you wait too long (hoping to get away easy) and get below a random chosen lock down time (between min and max),
the timer resets to the max.
..and the button is deactivated.
I would pay money for that set up. Something that was plug and play… I wonder if it could be set up to do other things like let it play songs from a list that you hate or play on a screen a movie you hate
Hey whomadeangus.
I would love to send them to you, however, to be honest, I'm not a very good programmer and while I am willing to face the consequences of my own software-bugs I would not want anyone else to suffer them.
Apart from that, I wrote them years ago. They worked under Xp, not sure how they do on newer platforms.
Let me know If you would like to get in contact to see what works and what not.
You can solve this with an Arduino:
With the code from File/Examples/02.Digital/Debounce where you change the Led (ledPen) with a magnet (magnetPen) at 5V that hold the key away from you.

And with the functions:
randomSeed(AnalogRead(0)); // to make it random with reading from a port with nothing on it.
randomTime=random(minimumTime, maximumTime+1); // minimum and maximum time in seconds, no longer than 49 days :mrgreen:

And
unsigned long millisRandomTime = millis() + randomTime * 1000;
unsigned long millisMaximumTime = millis() + maximumTime * 1000;

Instead of the digitalWrite(ledPin, buttonState); // when the button is pressed
comes the if-statement:
If (millis()<millisRandomTime) {
millisRandomTime=millisMaximumTime; // if you press the button before random time then
// you must wait to the maximum time
}
else {
digitalWrite(magnetPen, LOW); //No reason to put it back on HIGH, so instead of buttonState put it on LOW
}

The alternative setup where you can see the time can be solved in much the same way.
gwrolla

Post by gwrolla »

very good game, but needs a little sound.

next time i play it, ill pretend that im deaf.
dilemma

Post by dilemma »

There should be sound or sound effects. This might be a bug of the underlying framework or a limitation of the browser if the game is completely silent. I have uploaded a workaround that might fix the issue. If you still don't hear anything, please send me a DM with the name of your browser.

Furthermore, I've migrated to a professional, paid hosting provider. There should be faster loading times without any downtime.
Furimane

Post by Furimane »

Pretty interesting idea you got there. I would suggest that the losing player waits for the time difference between both players' button presses, instead of double the winning player, just so it doesn't scale too much in longer sessions.
jormus88

Post by jormus88 »

I've been lurking in this forum many years, but now i needed register to comment this.
it's clearly on development state but i looking forward. :D
As many here has commented that ambient sound needs more variants and i agree that.

Really impressive work so far.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Welcome to Bound Anna, Jormus.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Welcome to BoundAnna.com jormus88. Thanks for the comment.
dilemma

Post by dilemma »

Hi everyone,

thank you for the feedback and the discussion.

In the mean time, I wasn't idle either. You can now download one of several clients (Desktop app, Raspberry Pi, or Arduino) and connect your CD tray (or any GPIO pin) to the cell door of a Dilemma VR session: https://dilemma-vr.com/warden

Let me know what you think!
whomadeangus

Post by whomadeangus »

I’m going to show my ignorance. What do I need to do to download the game? Do I have to have a vr headset?? Is there a way to attach a electro magnet? I’m thinking this way it will release cuffs??
dilemma

Post by dilemma »

Sorry for the late response.

You don't need to download the game, it runs in your browser: https://dilemma-vr.com No need to download or install anything.

However, you need a VR headset, either a standalone device with a browser (like oculus?) or a (cheap) cardbox for your mobile phone.

The game has several built-in release mechanisms:
  • Release photo: Before the start of a game, you can take a photo of a combination lock set to a random pin. Use the combination lock in your selfbondage session, put on VR goggles, and start the game. Once you are freed from your cell in the game, you can view the initial photo and use the knowledge of the pin to get out of your selfbondage.
  • CD drive control: Set up an account, create a device, and run Dilemma Warden on your computer (This you need to download from https://dilemma-vr.com/warden: Either as EXE or Python source). Once you are freed from the cell in the game, your CD drive opens. You can, for example, place keys to selfbondage restraints out of reach in front of your CD tray. When the tray opens the keys will drop into reach.
  • Arduino/Raspberry PI: Set up an account, create a device, and connect your Arduino or Raspberry Pi to the Dilemma API (sample code also available at https://dilemma-vr.com/warden). If you have DIY skills, you can use the GPIO pins to drive magnetic releases or similar devices. Once you are freed from the cell in the game, the Arduino or Raspberry Pi can release you from your selfbondage session.
Does this answer your questions?
sexdemon

Post by sexdemon »

Has anyone managed to get this to work recently, I had a few good sessions s with this but now I cannot get either scenarios to work.

Would love to know if this is still being developed as I have been looking forward to more scenarios
EricaS

Post by EricaS »

I'm keen to try this, but on my Oculus Quest 2 there is no gaze pointer control that enables and I'm not sure that's something I can force from userspace. Workaround suggestions or other help welcomed!
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Welcome to BoundAnna, EricaS.
I just saw yesterday at Lovense toys that they can work with Oculus. See: https://www.mirrorlife.com/.
EricaS

Post by EricaS »

Thanks Kinbaku. That looks interesting and I was surprised it wasn't in the megabucks for the attachments (although it still ain't cheap, but what toys that are any good are?). Unfortunately it looks like a Windows PC is needed to run it and that's not something I have nor want right now so I guess I'll have to look elsewhere for VR fun... even if I do decide to buy the Lovense toys! That is... unless I can get this prison dilemma game to work on my VR headset (which actually I think might be more fun for me too)!
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

EricaS wrote:Thanks Kinbaku. That looks interesting and I was surprised it wasn't in the megabucks for the attachments (although it still ain't cheap, but what toys that are any good are?). Unfortunately it looks like a Windows PC is needed to run it and that's not something I have nor want right now so I guess I'll have to look elsewhere for VR fun... even if I do decide to buy the Lovense toys! That is... unless I can get this prison dilemma game to work on my VR headset (which actually I think might be more fun for me too)!
Same problem for me: I run Linux Mint Cinnamon on my PC. :mrgreen:
Maybe a Virtual Machine with Windows is a solution, but I haven't tried it myself yet. Too busy with other activities (like helping BoundAnna members :rofl: ).