Held for Ransom in Chastity Device

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

zappy1

Held for Ransom in Chastity Device

Post by zappy1 »

The Cellmate chastity ransom incident shows the reason bondage games should usually not be internet enabled, especially with a camera. Man tries out a cell connected chastity device and a woman controls a lock through her cell phone. Hacker takes control. There is a huge potential for bondage fantasy worlds, but the problem is the fantasy can become reality. At some point there will be a bondage system with VR headsets locked on with a steel necklace, automated locks and simple robot with caressing/spanking. If it is connected to the web eventually someone that wants to have a fun adventure will end up under the control of a hacker. Then it will not be a game anymore.
chastity cage onto his penis with an app connected to the internet. He said not too long after putting on the device - a message popped up informing him that someone had taken control of the device and demanded $1k in Bitcoin to unlock it.
https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/ha ... oin-unlock
kinbaku

Re: Held for Ransom in Chastity Device

Post by kinbaku »

zappy1 wrote:The Cellmate chastity ransom incident shows the reason bondage games should usually not be internet enabled, especially with a camera. Man tries out a cell connected chastity device and a woman controls a lock through her cell phone. Hacker takes control. There is a huge potential for bondage fantasy worlds, but the problem is the fantasy can become reality. At some point there will be a bondage system with VR headsets locked on with a steel necklace, automated locks and simple robot with caressing/spanking. If it is connected to the web eventually someone that wants to have a fun adventure will end up under the control of a hacker. Then it will not be a game anymore.
Or like an Artificial Intelligence in "Demon Seed" (1977) discussed in viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13122&start=15. The dangers of open and inadequately secured internet connections are getting closer. :shock:
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

"Tron" (1982)? "Virtuosity" (1995) ? That's all I got. Been a rough day.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:"Tron" (1982)? "Virtuosity" (1995) ? That's all I got. Been a rough day.
It was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_Seed with the AI taking over the house.
sphere

Post by sphere »

This has been fixed now and there was a work around it in the case of someone doing this to you, as with 99% of chastity there is always a way out without the key. yes i own a cellmate and will still use it.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

I don't know whether to believe the story or not, I'm leaning more towards not. Why didn't he cut himself free before paying the first demand? Not logical. Anyone with an once of sense would know the blackmails would be back for more.

Personally, I don't even trust those app-connected light bulbs you can get. I heard about a person that had an app-controlled power socket in their office and they had an electric fire plugged into it and they would switch it on before leaving home to go to work so they would be greeted with a nice warm office. One day he arrived at work to find a very damp office the fire service was fighting a fire caused by his heater.

He was asked to leave the company or they'd sack him. He must have had an interesting CV and reference.

Very punctual and works hard but generally a complete ******* ******** and a total ****** ******.
PS: Likes to work in a warm environment.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Shannon SteelSlave

I like stupid devices.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
Karren

Post by Karren »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:I like stupid devices.
Me too! Except for a couple computers (ok.... 8 computers, tablets and iphones), we have nothing that's smart or connected to the web....
I reject your reality and substitute my own….......

My Kinky Photos —— https://ibb.co/album/n30dgX
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Karren wrote:
Me too! Except for a couple computers (ok.... 8 computers, tablets and iphones), we have nothing that's smart or connected to the web....
Are you sure? Maybe all eight of them wake up in the night while you're sleeping. :shock:
During the day they act like stupid things that never do what you want. :mrgreen:
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

So do I, My phone is not as stupid as I am dumb-looking. :?
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
davisev5225

Post by davisev5225 »

Computer programmers have a saying: "Garbage in, garbage out" - meaning if you start with bad data, you will only ever get bad data.

This is applicable here for (2) reasons:
  1. Whomever programs these internet-enabled devices clearly doesn't fully think through the security and safety implications.
  2. Users are too quick to trust that the devices are safe and secure.
This is why the "smartest" device I've installed in my home (besides the usual phone/computer) is a keypad door lock. No smart bulbs, outlets, thermostats, etc. The keypad isn't internet-enabled, either. There are entirely too many stories of companies getting hacked for me to trust internet-enabled devices with my personal safety, comfort, and/or convenience.

Just look at Parler, the failed "successor" to Facebook/Twitter. Hackers were able to find a way to log in as admins, and from there, they got access to all the admin-only information such as deleted posts, users' personal information, moderation logs, etc. Now imagine someone did that with your smart thermostat. They could theoretically send remote instructions, malicious software updates, etc. to your thermostat and take control away from you, forcing the A/C or heat to run full time, or not respond at all to any commands.

No thank you.
endorph

Post by endorph »

sphere wrote:This has been fixed now and there was a work around it in the case of someone doing this to you, as with 99% of chastity there is always a way out without the key. yes i own a cellmate and will still use it.
the app is hopefully fixed, not sure how much i trust these programmers given how poorly designed the app is.

if you do get locked in this thing:

* the easiest option is to simply remove the app from your phone, install the app again and register with a different name. - re-register your cage with the new account and unlock it from there

* There are a few ways to get around the lock, it is possible to simply 'jimmy' the locking pin by inserting a small needle along the shaft (of the locking pin, not that other shaft) - and use the pin to push back the cam that locks the pin in place. (It's also possible to cut a small piece of aluminum can to use to make a 'slim jim' specifically for this purpose.

* they have another option listed on their 'support' webpage called the "screwdriver trick" - that certainly works however it also breaks the cage and you'd end up having to buy a new one... I'm sure they don't mind but these things aren't 'cheap' so you'd think they could mention the other options first.

* and of course you CAN just cut the ring with bolt cutters (although this would not be my first choice if I am alone and can't see what those bolt cutters are about to pinch down on). The ring is cheaper to replace than the entire cage (I've even seen a couple of people are 3d printing custom replacement rings in various sizes - although those are made with polymer/plastic instead of the cast zinc alloy the manufacturer uses).

The QIUI app sucks. they need to hire some real programmers and do some user acceptance testing before releasing the code. There are lots of things I'd love to see them add but given the lousy app design and the total lack of comprehensible documentation I'm not about to trust them.

I have a wish list of things I'd love to see them add but most of these should not be put under the control of random findom scammers that are all over the apps 'community page'.

for instance: my owner (also my wife, not some random stranger) should be able to get precise tracking data, full access to my messages, phone calls, browser history, activate on her command my microphone and camera etc.
I would really like to add electroshock capability to the cage, and sensors to verify that it is actually locked on - perhaps some means of sensing flesh in the cage) - also with flesh sensors it should also detect and report erections.

they need a wider selection of ring sizes and cage sizes (it's modular, making different ring sizes should be a pretty trivial matter but they only have two sizes) -

currently the cage only communicates to the cell phone app when you push the button on the front of the cage. - in a perfect world we'd be able to regularly ping the cage to verify that it is in range and securely locked at any time. constant communication would also be needed if punitive shocks are ever permitted. (remote shocks may be off the table for safety reasons but i am still gonna wish for it ) - the regular ping is also to make certain that the cage and cell phone are in range of each other - with any sort of phone based gps location tracking I could cheat by simply not taking my phone with me; but with the cage locked in place I can't easily get around that.

currently I'd just call this a novelty toy; there are more secure chastity cages about; i do like the potential for real time remote monitoring that this could give but so far the app is a disappointment.
Shannon SteelSlave

Welcome to Bound Anna, endorph.
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Welcome endorph and thanks you for your report. Hopefully these programmers will read it and chastity enthusiasts will be able to get improved versions soon.