E-Stim Abox MK2 for Games?

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

SendNudes

E-Stim Abox MK2 for Games?

Post by SendNudes »

I want to get into E-Stim stuff and for games (epecially as I'm currently developing one myself) it is very important that my device will be controllable via PC.

So the Abox Mk2 seems to be the way to go (because I don't want to spend more money), but it is advertised to be specially designed for voice and music, does that make it non-compatible with existing games made for such devices? (If yes: Can I still make a Game on my own which is compatible with it?)

Another Question: Is it possible to specifically make my game able to let the user sometimes have "pain" and sometimes have "pleasure" on such an E-Stim or do I need a device with 2 outputs for that?
kinbaku

Re: E-Stim Abox MK2 for Games?

Post by kinbaku »

SendNudes wrote:I want to get into E-Stim stuff and for games (epecially as I'm currently developing one myself) it is very important that my device will be controllable via PC.

So the Abox Mk2 seems to be the way to go (because I don't want to spend more money), but it is advertised to be specially designed for voice and music, does that make it non-compatible with existing games made for such devices? (If yes: Can I still make a Game on my own which is compatible with it?)

Another Question: Is it possible to specifically make my game able to let the user sometimes have "pain" and sometimes have "pleasure" on such an E-Stim or do I need a device with 2 outputs for that?
Have you read this post? Available again at $ 128 or 158 instead of $ 179.99 for the Abox Mk2
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

I'm not sure the cheaper device can be controlled directly from a PC. The Abox you could control through the audio output, by playing audio files when either punishment or pleasure is needed. The output of the box depends on the audio that is played. Keep in mind that in that case you'd either need an audio cable connecting the e-stim unit to the PC or connect a bluetooth receiver to the Abox to make it wireless (something I've been thinking about).

I think the DG-labs unit Slave-L reported on is probably the more capable e-stim box on it's own. I'm not sure how suitable it is for controlling from a PC as it doesn't appear to be controllable outside it's own App (so far, unless someone can deconstruct the control interface)
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Gregovic wrote:I think the DG-labs unit Slave-L reported on is probably the more capable e-stim box on it's own. I'm not sure how suitable it is for controlling from a PC as it doesn't appear to be controllable outside it's own App (so far, unless someone can deconstruct the control interface)
When I receive the DG-Lab I will try with AirDroid or with Teamviewer (or Tasker with Autoinput). I have installed pyautogui on my Linux computer with which I can operate my PC via Python. For example, I can press on any coordinate or color of my screen with the mouse buttons, just from within the python program.
So if I can see and use the DG-Lab app via my PC screen, it should be possible to control it with Python, which increases the possibilities even more. For example, changing the settings after a certain time; write a pythonprogram as if someone else was operating the app as my dominant.

Or someone else should have already tried this?
I also have my doubts about privacy with Teamviewer. Anyone experience?
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

The DG-Lab is not really suitable for using with games. There is the microphone "listen to the surrounding" option, so if you play the game loud enough, it could be used, but any sound in your room will trigger it, not just game sounds. You would need to somehow connect the game audio to your phone using a wire as microphone input. Now, I do know that if your phone has a headphone jack, you can get a cable that splits audio out and microphone in and connect it that way, and if you get that, then the DG-Lab would work really well.

If not, then it is much more hassle and won't work reliable.

I have another EStim unit, An Estim A-Box I (previous version of the MK2) and it is more suited for what you want given that it can be connected directly to your pc.

There is one thing you need to note though, I was horny as fuck thinking I could use it on every game and have fun... Well, nope... Yes, you can use it on games, but games have audio all the time meaning that there is electricity all the time. This causes your system to quickly adapt to the estim and even though it is there, its just barely there. You need to crank up the estim to get more "fun" out of it, and then comes the bad stuff... A moment of silence in the game followed by some audio, possibly loud, which causes real shocks. The game can throw loud audio at you that is not really linked to an event in the game, such as music change, etc... Yes, you get shocked, yes you are playing a game, but no, its not really enjoyable or erotic.

As you play the game, your mind is set to play the game, but the estim is too random to be linked psychologically to the game, so its just gaming with random estim.

When I play a game and have estim like this, I want to be punished by making mistakes in game. Aka: I make a screw up, I get zapped. Well, that's not gonna happen. You get constantly zapped, not when making a game.

This essentially means, yes, you will have to create your own game suitable for it, but this also brings a problem. The game will have to be silent until you want to deliver an electrical shock. This basically rules out any AAA game. Its just not gonna work or isn't fun enough.

However, creating a small BDSM style game is very doable. Like you have this russian roulette game. You have to press a button to make it start spin. Every tick creates a very soft sound, just enough so you can "feel" the reel spin, but not enough to be very discomfortable. This is so there's less of a problem when we need to torture the victim. When the roulette hits torture, Audio at full volume plays and you get seriously shocked.

Another option is small puzzles with a count-down timer. Every second the same soft beep plays so you feel very little electricity to remind you what you are undergoing, but every mistake can be punished by a loud noise, and if the timer runs out, that same loud noise playing longer etc...
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Welcome to Bound Anna, SendNudes. Send me a Private Message, I may be able to help.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠